Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old June 14th, 2018, 03:47 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Also I prefer Spectre, it lines more closely to D&D's spelling of it.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.
Old June 14th, 2018, 03:50 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Also I prefer Spectre, it lines more closely to D&D's spelling of it.
Boo, hiss. "Specter" is better, and if they are from Arctorus then the D&D misspelling doesn't matter.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 14th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Interesting concept

It is close, but it is missing something.

I think Deathly Touch needs to be better.
Most of my playtesting has been at -1, so maybe I'll do some tests at -2 and see how it feels. I have toyed a bit with Deathly Touch lowering defense by 2, but I was worried it would be seen as a faster Death Knight, without bonding, but with more figures to attack with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
One tweak to consider is bumping the Move to 7. It increases mobility and, importantly, the power of Deathly Touch. You might want to drop the squad size to 3, if you did that.
Earlier designs had a move of 7. When I showed the design to BiggaBullfrog he said that I should lower it if I didn't want them to be too expensive. I also don't want people to buy 4 figures just to use 3 of them.

I want this squad to be around 50 - 60 points, so I'm hesitant to buff them too much.
Old June 14th, 2018, 04:45 PM

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post

Deathly Touch
When attacking with the Specters of Aldorn, For each Specter of Aldorn that moved through the defending figure this turn, subtract 1 from their defense dice. (With an option of perhaps up to maximum of 2-3?)Destructible objects are not affected by Deathly Touch.
Just a thought.

Old June 14th, 2018, 05:17 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post

Deathly Touch
When attacking with the Specters of Aldorn, For each Specter of Aldorn that moved through the defending figure this turn, subtract 1 from their defense dice. (With an option of perhaps up to maximum of 2-3?)Destructible objects are not affected by Deathly Touch.
Just a thought.
Minimum/maximums other than zero do not work. I don't want to give the whole discussion why, but we've turned down SoV submissions because of it.

I like the overall design. They feel a bit disappointing in that they don't feel very flashy, but they won't play like anything else so they may really shine in gameplay.

I prefer sticking with -1 Defense instead of -2. -1 is still good enough that you will want to try to get it, and will matter.

I'd probably prefer Move 6, in that it makes it a bit tougher to get the passthrough, and thus forces more decision-making.
Old June 14th, 2018, 05:21 PM

I thought there were cards already out there with Maximum's in the power.

Old June 14th, 2018, 05:26 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Very cool concept Leaf_it!

I think these are very thematic the way you’ve got them designed.

I think Kinseth has a fun idea for making their special a little more unique and powerful mechanically. Though, you might have to play with it a little in order to avoid them being too good. Maybe “up to -2 defense”

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 14th, 2018, 05:30 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Nope. The only existing min/max is zero, and that one is only really implicit.
Old June 14th, 2018, 05:33 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

EDIT: nevermind I think I'm wrong here
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:23 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Is this just concerning normal attacks? Cause there are special attacks that do.

EDIT: maybe I’m misunderstanding this portion of the discussion...but Sir Dupuis has a maximum for his power as well...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Is this just concerning normal attacks? Cause there are special attacks that do.

EDIT: maybe I’m misunderstanding this portion of the discussion...but Sir Dupuis has a maximum for his power as well...
There's a difference between a maximum amount gained for a power and a true min/max. There's no problem with powers like Shield Wall that specify a maximum gained by that power. It says "for the Shield Wall power," which makes all the difference in the world.
Old June 14th, 2018, 06:34 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Say you're attacking a Feral Troll with a Specter. The troll is 3 spaces away from a friendly Raelin.

You run 2 Specters through it, each taking away one defense.

How many defense dice do you roll?

Well, 1 - 2 + 2 = 1. Easy.

But hold up. I'm the Troll player, and I want my troll to not take wounds. So I argue that he can't reduce my defense below 0, which means that the second Specter's pass through doesn't count. 1 - 1 = 0, and 0 + 2 is 2. This is correct if you apply the powers in this order.

As the specter player, I don't like this. I say that Raelin's bonus is applied first. 1 + 2 = 3, and 3 - 2 = 1. This is correct if you apply the powers in this order.

So which order do you apply the powers in?

You have to dice off. That's what the rules say for simultaneous powers.

That gets annoying.

I reserve the right to be wrong in this post

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards