Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM

whitetiger is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Marvel pieces in regular games

I was wondering how many people put Marvel characters into a regular heroscape game. It seems to me, that the Marvel characters are a quite a bit "beefier" than even most heroes. How does regular heroes stand up?
Old October 22nd, 2008, 09:55 AM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Marvel pieces in regular games

We use Classic Heroscape (CHS) with Marvel Heroscape (MHS) all the time. The Marvel figs are powerful but they are all Medium and subject to most of the powers from CHS figures. We've found that they are pretty well balanced versus CHS figures overall and enjoy mixing the genres.

I've seen Silver Surfer run the board during one game and in the next game, taken out before attacking once. Map design becomes important when using mixed games because a good portion of MHS figures have flight and ranged attacks where few figures from CHS have that combination of powers. Be careful not to build areas where CHS figures cannot get to flying MHS figures and the MHS figures can attack without any threat from the enemy.

Newb.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:04 AM

Kobu knows what's in an order marker Kobu knows what's in an order marker

We allow it in our casual games. It adds more variety and they are a lot of fun to play with.

I also like the one Marvel figure tournament idea.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Yeah, Marvel figures are overpowered compared to CHS, but you can play however you want. We sometimes mix them for fun, but pretty rarely.

For the same points you can get

Charos
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5

Flying
Counterstrike

Or....

Captain America
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 6

Counterstrike
Shield Throw
Tactician

The only thing Charos really has over Cap is that he's huge, and not subject to be a dino's toothpick.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Marvel figures aren't over powered, they are just more powerful. Their higher point cost balances out their prowess.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Yeah, Marvel figures are overpowered compared to CHS, but you can play however you want. We sometimes mix them for fun, but pretty rarely.

For the same points you can get

Charos
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 5
Defense 5

Flying
Counterstrike

Or....

Captain America
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 6
Defense 6

Counterstrike
Shield Throw
Tactician

The only thing Charos really has over Cap is that he's huge, and not subject to be a dino's toothpick.
Charos has 9 life, the captin has 5. big difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Marvel figures aren't over powered, they are just more powerful. Their higher point cost balances out their prowess.

I was going to say that.
It seems like they are overpowered because they take less skill to play with.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:32 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Okay one question:

How the heck did I forget that?!?
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:21 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I don't even own a Marvelscape, and have no interest in it. If I did own it, I think I would keep it seperate from classic heroscape
Old October 22nd, 2008, 12:58 PM

whitetiger is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I have a very large point scale army, My son has the MHS so he could use his marvel pieces to add up some extra points then. Thank you for all the input.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
Okay one question:

How the heck did I forget that?!?
I went to a 400 pt. drafting tourney with every hero there. I drafted Charos and Sujoah. I went 2-2, beating an army with Thanos as it's core and an army with Venom in it. I lost to two completely classic armies. Charos took down a Thanos 1v1 in one of those battles, which was awesome...but anyway, my buddy was playing Captian America and Q9, and he went 1-1. My point is that an army with Charos did better than an army with Captian America, so therefore, isn't Charos just like, better than the Cap?

Of course, Abomination and Hulk took 1st and 2nd...

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.

Last edited by wk4c; October 22nd, 2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Going 2-2 isn't really any better (or worse) than going 2-2.
You just had more games, heh.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:01 PM

wk4c knows what's in an order marker wk4c knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Train View Post
Going 2-2 isn't really any better (or worse) than going 2-2.
You just had more games, heh.
Erm, no...if you won a game, then you played again. I think I made my point though, because as said, Charos handily beat Thanos in a 1v1 battle.

Quadraphonic(x2), Hilo-Scaper, SuperflyTNT

1-4/3-1/3-2/3-2
10-9 = 53% Win pct.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion