Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old September 24th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation
Shaun of the Dead

I have recently come into possession of the following two minis from Hasslefree miniatures. (just because I had to):

I got these and few others for a non heroscape related zombie game but am thinking it might be fun to use them to fight off some Heroscape style zombies as well.

I have not really done any "custom" rules for cards and such so I am asking for some advice from those of you who have.

Here is what I am looking for, I want to stay true to the spirit of the movie and I don't really intend to use them against anything other than zombies / undead heroscape figures so they really only need to be balanced to fight those figures.

Any thoughts, advice, unrelated movie quotes???

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.

Last edited by Bannister; September 24th, 2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Misspelled Shaun, Duhhh!
Old September 24th, 2008, 12:46 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Shawn of the Dead

I would try using a power similar to Carr's Sword of reckoning. When adjacent to an Undead/Zombie/Whatever, these figures would gain +Whatever attack dice.

Maybe allow them to Disengage from Undead, too, so they can run out of there when things turn bad.

Old September 24th, 2008, 12:50 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Don't forget to have the vinyl disc special attack.

DWARVES!
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:09 PM

I like the vinyl disk idea, lol.

I have also had in the back of my head a "zombie moan" special ability.

Something like:

Before moving and instead of attacking roll a d20. on a 16+ you may move past / thru / ??? and not come into adjacency with a zombie figure.

I know the wording sucks (hence the cry for help) but you get the general idea of what I am thinking of.

I also like the disengage from undead idea. Also the + attack or maybe add 1 to all attacks against undead idea.

Bannister

Old September 24th, 2008, 01:15 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

On a roll or 16 or higher [name] is considered to have stealth walk for the turn.

DWARVES!
Old September 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM

Perfect!

Shotgun Blast (5 3) for the "Shaun" figure is a given I think. Maybe reduce the range in order to represent a reduction in accuracy.

I am also thinking of a zombie / undead knockdown rule. Something like:

In close combat, if atleast one wound is scored against an undead figure, roll a d20 on a score of ?? + score the wound as normal against the zombie / undead figure. If the d20 score is less than ??, then lay the zombie on it's back centered on the hex it was standing on. A knocked down zombie rolls no defense dice against additional attacks and when the figure is next activated, uses it's entire movement allotment to stand up.

Thoughts? To complicated? To wordy?

Bannister

Last edited by Bannister; September 24th, 2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Can't spell
Old September 24th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Shaun of the Dead

I love those figs! I think that Shaun's ranged attack should be boosted in some way while he's adjacent to Ed (sort of like how in the video game and later the pub when Ed is shouting out firing directions to Shaun). Maybe either making it that if Shaun is adjacent to Ed, he can continue attacking until he doesn't inflict a wound (like rapid fire; implying that Ed giving directions makes it so that he can get more shots off) or simply a range boost (implying that it increases his accuracy). I like the ideas of a ranged special attack and the boost for adjacent attacks. I think the disengage/ghost walk effect could be worked in simply by giving him "Shaun may move through all undead figures and never takes leaving engagement strikes from undead figures" because Shaun walks or runs away from what could be considered "engagement" with zombies numerous times in the movie, whether he's doing a zombie impression or not (though I love the idea of referencing that scene in an ability). (EDIT: looks like Cheddarlimbo already suggested this)
For Ed, I think that he should have some sort of brutal melee attack and/or possibly an ability to attack multiple adjacent units per turn. He might not be the brightest bulb in the bunch, but he hits the zombies pretty hard and relentlessly.
Old September 24th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

One of their "+attack vs. adjacent targets" just has to be: It's like Tekken 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old September 24th, 2008, 05:14 PM

fil knows what's in an order marker fil knows what's in an order marker

It'd be cool if he could do a TKN: Stomp variant of sorts, but in a more driveby fashion, without attack success determining if he keeps moving.

It's an attack sort of like Q9/Moriko, but melee and only one die (unless it's an undead opponent). The difference is that it would happen during the move and you couldn't attack the same figure twice. The turn would be like this:

Move 1 space
- Attack with 1 die
Move 1 space
- Attack with 1 die
... and so on.

Shaun may roll 1 extra attack die against any Undead opponents.

Also, a shotgun blast sort of thing would be cool (maybe with a base attack of 2 rather than three, with the 3rd die bonus on the Undead)

And he needs to hero-to-hero bond with Ed, so to fit with the movie, it'd have to be after his turn, Ed may take a turn. Something like that. Maybe they're both "Pub Crawlers," and they bond with each other?

Regardless, it's an awesome concept, and would be fun to play!

Returns for more.

Old September 24th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Excellent ideas!! Here is what I have come up with while brainstorming the idea. Some is pretty good, some sucks, I like some of your ideas better. Anyway take a look and rip them to shreds. Nothing is sacred.

Shaun
Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2
Species: Human
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Zed Hunter
Personality: Slacker
Size: Medium
Height: 5

Special Attack: Shotgun Blast
Range 5 Attack 2. Choose a figure to attack. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figures are also affected by the Shotgun Blast Special Attack. Shaun only needs a clear sight shot at the chosen figure. Roll attack dice once for all affected figures. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Shaun cannot be affected by his own Shotgun Blast Special Attack.

Special Ability: Undead Walk
Shaun can move through all undead figures and never takes leaving engagement strikes from undead figures

Special Ability: Shorting His Life Out
Any Zed hunters adjacent to Shaun roll an additional defense dice against undead figures.

Ed
Life 3
Move 5
Range 1
Attack 2
Defense 2
Species: Human
Type: Unique Hero
Class: Zed Hunter
Personality: Slacker
Size: Medium
Height: 5

Special Attack: Power Swing
Ed may attack any or all undead figures adjacent to him. Roll each attack seperately.

Special Attack: Vinyl Disks
Range 4 Attack 1.

Two Seconds:
Before Ed moves or attacks, roll a d20. On a roll of 18 or higher Ed answers his cell phone and can take no further actions during this activation.

Also:

Liz
Personality: Ex-Girlfriend
Special Ability: "?"
If Liz is adjacent to Shaun when he uses the Shotgun Blast Special Attack, Shaun my add 1 additional attack dice to the roll.

Dianne
Personality: Failed Actress
Special Attack: Darts
Range 4 Attack 1. Works only against undead figures.Dianne may throw darts at an undead figure who is ajacent to a friendly figure. If she does, after rolling the attack dice, she must roll a d20. On a roll of 11-20 her attack hits the undead figure. On a roll of 1-10 her attack hits the friendly figure.

Love Triangle - David:
Dianne must stay within line of sight of David.

David
Personality: A word that rhimes with squat
Love Triangle - Liz
David must stay within line of sight of Liz

Bannister

Last edited by Bannister; September 25th, 2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

You've got some red on you.

Jim

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old September 24th, 2008, 08:02 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
You've got some red on you.

Jim
That's what I was going to say.

"David, kill the Queen!"
"What??"
"The jukebox!"

Great movie.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards