Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 10th, 2006, 11:47 AM

brokeasajoke has disabled reputation
Possibly Returning to Heroscape & I Have Some Questions

I used to be into Heroscape, but ended up selling all my stuff (2 master sets with sparklies & 2 sets of wave 1) back in the day. I'm now thinking about getting back into it, but I have some questions:

1. How hard is it to get all of the expansions (including multiples) that you want? Does the Hasbro site restock out-of-stock items often? Or are you still largely dependent upon paying top dollar on Ebay for what you need?

2. Is there anywhere that has a complete list of all the expansions?

3. Is there anywhere that has all of the stats to all of the expansions laid out in a useful manner?

4. Where can I go to get a better look at the expansion pieces? The pics on the Hasbro site are just like my dog - small & fuzzy.

5. How well balanced is the Heroscape game? Many games of similar design have unbalanced pieces & I was wondering if the ability/cost ratio has been kept fairly consistent (as in no major powercreep).

Thanks!
Old August 10th, 2006, 11:58 AM

Aranas has disabled reputation
This is not the best day to ask such a question and hope for fast and detailed answers. EVERYBODY here are waiting for news about HeroScape directly from GenCon!
1. and 2. HouseMouseGames.com is a very good answer.
3. Someone did post a Excel spreadsheet. Just look around
4. Look there: http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgallery/
5. No powercreep. Go HeroScape go!

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old August 10th, 2006, 12:02 PM

brokeasajoke has disabled reputation
Thanks for the quick response. Of course, right after posting this, I went back to the Hasbro site & found the list of expansions, stats, & better pics. I had been looking under Expansions when the info I was looking for was under Characters.

So I guess I've already found what I've needed on questions 2-4.
Old August 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
You picked a pretty awesome time to return. Well, your wallet/wife may not agree, but there is SO much going on in our little hexagonal world at the moment.

A new terrain set was just released over a month ago (Thalenk Tundra) as well as a new large hero pack (Raknar's Vision). Most Wal-Marts are putting the older large sets on mark-down or clearance, which makes getting those even easier.

Wave 5 and Castles are just about ready to drop.

And we just got pictures of wave 6 and new TRU exclusives, of course we do not know anything about either, and probably won't for a while.

There is just a ton going on. Get ready for the rush!

smallboxgames.com
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:40 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
wb man,
check around this site, ye'll find downloads for most of the info yer looking for.

Housemouse is a great site to get expansion for, and the Trade thread here is also good.

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison
Old August 11th, 2006, 02:53 AM

Kane has disabled reputation
Funny thing; my brother bought me (at my request) HeroScape about a year and a half ago (the original boxed set with the blue and red dice and sparkly water) and I had NEVER PLAYED IT until last weekend. Just couldn't get any of my friends to try it out. I am SO glad I did. This is THE game I've been looking for. I could tell, of course, just reading the rules that this was it. Its like HeroQuest head to head with a much more variable board. So VERY glad to find a friend that I can play against. Now to convert the folks over at Fire and Sword Hobbies...hehehehehehe. Oh, any other Seattle-ites, PM me for a game!
Old August 11th, 2006, 03:00 AM

Rodriquez has disabled reputation
join the crowd Kane..I found this game well over a yr ago, but it took 6+ months or more after I got it to find ppl who played it out here, than I found out we've got a great group of ppl out here(can't say guys, Kat might get pissed.. :) )

cheers
Rod

good trades:Caravaggio, Gabbi, Drfeelgood,aljovin,vydar,rrhino,boom, Pallindromemaster, spidysox, Eckels, wytefang, Rym, Armegeddon, Fatboy Chubby, Forgehammer, Grison

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion