Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games
Video Games Computer and console games.

Old April 13th, 2016, 10:45 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Hearthstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegietarian18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
~Aldin, who lost to an amazing Druid combo last night that did, I think, 22 damage in a single turn - the other player said "I'm Sorry" three times as they were setting it up (used a series of cards to get three little ents and buff 'em to 6/6 while making the hero output at least 4)
Unfortunately, that will not be the last time you see that combo.

Also, if you own Naxx now, you will be able to play it forever. You just won't be able to buy it if you don't own it now.
Exactly. I just play for fun and really enjoy the solo campaign content, so would be sad if I couldn't log in and fight Kel or whoever whenever I wanted to. I also dig the little one liners and such they throw at you in the story mode.
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So how long do I have to decide on Naxx? And just to be sure I understand, once I own Naxx I can play it as much as I want and unlock the cards even after it goes out, is that correct?

~Aldin, musingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Naxx has five parts, each of which costs 700 gold. One of the other guys might be able to answer your other questions.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:17 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
So how long do I have to decide on Naxx? And just to be sure I understand, once I own Naxx I can play it as much as I want and unlock the cards even after it goes out, is that correct?

~Aldin, musingly

I don't know if there is an exact date. Just sometime this month I believe.

Once you have it you can play it as much as you want for as long as you want I believe and still unlock those cards that way instead of crafting them.
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:28 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Oh, thank god, because I don't see myself winning the hard mode challenges soon. Phew.

= =
Old April 13th, 2016, 11:30 AM

I have beaten all of naxx hard challenges, got about half of black rock and only a few of explorers.
Old April 13th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

As long as you buy the first wing of Naxx before WotOG release, you should be able to buy the other wings in the future. At least that's the rumor I heard. I also heard that the expansion and standard will release on April 26th.
Old April 13th, 2016, 02:03 PM

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Thanks for the info, all. I think I will buy the first wing of Naxx in the next week, just as a hedge against the idea I might decide later I want it but then not be able to get it.

~Aldin, still needing to unlock all the basic cards

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 14th, 2016, 12:27 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jormi_Boced View Post
Quote:

~Aldin, musingly

I don't know if there is an exact date. Just sometime this month I believe.

Once you have it you can play it as much as you want for as long as you want I believe and still unlock those cards that way instead of crafting them.
To try to add a little:

The next expansion launches on April 26, so I would assume that the last day to buy Nax will be the 25th. (It's possible that they will shut it down earlier, but I doubt it, especially since they haven't said so.) Apparently they're going to do a special stream thingy next week Thursday, and I'm guessing they'll have all the nitty-gritty details for the new expansion, launch of standard, and everything else.

Like vegie said, as long as you get the first wing of Nax before it rotates out you'll be able to buy the rest of it. (Rumor is that they'll be shutting it down completely eventually, but that hasn't been confirmed so even if it is true I'm guessing you'll have a good amount of time to finish getting the cards from it).

Also, if you're still new, have you looked up all the bonus achievements you earn early in the game? There are a few that aren't listed with the quests that give you rewards. (Stuff like getting all classes to level 10, winning 100 games in any mode, etc.)

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old April 14th, 2016, 09:45 AM

Okay, I think I started with a poor understanding of hero powers and I want to just type this out for critique by better players. My initial thought was that I should always prefer to use hero powers over playing cards as they are renewable each turn and keep me from burning through my hand as quickly. I was failing to account for how important it is to have board control. Here is my current guideline for use:

1) In general, never use a hero power unless you have board control or it will help establish board control.

1a) Notwithstanding the above, always use a hero power when it is the best way to satisfy a long term goal or when you have spare mana (and it is otherwise beneficial).

~Aldin, with 4/9 sets of basic cards unlocked

to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old April 14th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

It varies from deck to deck. If you're a Rogue, you should always have a weapon out, if possible. If you're a Priest, obviously you should be healing things that are hurt, and that will (if you have the cards) trigger benefits for and from your minions.

Board control is king. You are right about that. Beyond that, use of your hero powers depends on which hero you have, what's in your deck, and what's on the board.

As always, I'm trying to sneak in an answer before the better players do.

= =
Old April 14th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

There's no flat rule on using your hero power. It varies from deck to deck and even within decks to the draw you get or the matchup you are in. I don't want to give you any hard rules for a class since you'll find decks that break them all the time. I will say that if you have the option to play an X mana minion, or an X-2 mana minion + hero power, most of the time it's better to just use all of your mana and drop the bigger threat on the board. The damage on the opponent's face or the token you make usually are not as relevant as playing on curve.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Video Games