Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News
AotP News Sightings, official news, etc.

Notices

Old December 2nd, 2015, 11:24 AM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth
Re: Wal•Mart Exclusive Edition

Now is $24.95 and is Out of stock online. Not even sure it was ever available in stores (never saw either original or exclusive edition at two Wal-Marts near me). This may go the way of the Elite Onyx Viper RotV edition and be a premium for resellers as they did not make enough for demand - or maybe they are just waiting for more in from China to replenish what was sold in the last week on sale. Hope it is the latter, even if I could sell the one I bought for twice the price later on, I'd rather see the game grow. If it ever gets back in stock - get one while you can!
Old December 2nd, 2015, 01:11 PM

Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby! Kajoq rolls all skulls baby!

Welp. There goes that. I had ordered 2 extras with Ship-To-Store. Didn't hear anything for a week and a half so I decided to go in and see. They had 1 of the 2. I'm like okay, I guess ill hear from you guys in another day or 2 then? 'Yeah yeah, sure'
4 days Later I'm about to drive over there and go ask again, and I see in my email that they returned the shipment supposedly because I never came to pick it up. *facepalm*

Dangit Wal-Mart
Old December 10th, 2015, 06:49 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I picked one up today at a local Walmart store, and the nice lady at the register even price matched it for me to the $18 that the 'vanilla' version is selling for on their website. YMMV, of course.
Old December 10th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Spin Master

GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun GaryLASQ is a penguin with a machine gun

It's funny that right around the time the Bonus edition appeared online (mid-November) is about the same time all the Walmarts in my area (4 of them) finally put the regular version on the shelves. Glad I got my Bonus edition online early.
Old December 11th, 2015, 03:56 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

This is still on the shelves at some Walmarts. I just bought a pair for myself. Check your stores. There were about a dozen left.
Old December 29th, 2015, 11:36 AM

KingZombie is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Wal•Mart is offering a version with extra things in it for $24.96.

It looks like there are foil versions of some cards, some more land tiles, and some more (duplicate?) glyphs.
So....basically shiny cards. I have plenty of terrain. It doesn't sound like something I need. Is that correct?

Work hard, play harder!
Great traders: beholderthedm,mecha frog, Shoe
Old December 29th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@KingZombie Correct, no Elite Onyx Phoenixes

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.
Old December 30th, 2015, 02:31 AM

Owen1234 Woo who?

I'm trying to debate whether or not to buy a second Zendikar expansion or buy the Walmart exclusive. I'd probably open the Walmart one for the extra stuff even though I have heroscape terrain and I could just use the scenario(also I don't care if cards are foiled) but it'd still be cool to have. On the other hand, the Zendikar set has really good units and might be like Aquilla's Alliance all over again and get super marked up, but I doubt it. Help me make my decision plz

P.S. Do you get the foiled and regular cards in the exclusive?

Last edited by Owen1234; December 30th, 2015 at 02:32 AM. Reason: P.S.
Old December 30th, 2015, 02:34 AM

Owen1234 Woo who?

@Confred lol Elite Onyx Phoenixes would be hilarious.
Old December 30th, 2015, 02:35 AM

Owen1234 Woo who?

Old December 30th, 2015, 09:52 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen1234 View Post
I'm trying to debate whether or not to buy a second Zendikar expansion or buy the Walmart exclusive. I'd probably open the Walmart one for the extra stuff even though I have heroscape terrain and I could just use the scenario(also I don't care if cards are foiled) but it'd still be cool to have. On the other hand, the Zendikar set has really good units and might be like Aquilla's Alliance all over again and get super marked up, but I doubt it. Help me make my decision plz

P.S. Do you get the foiled and regular cards in the exclusive?
I'd recommend another base set. The Zendikar expansion planeswalkers need the base squads, so if you ever intend on playing them together, you'll likely need more. The terrain is an afterthought, but worth it for an extra $5.

And yes, you get them both. The exclusive is a small yellow box attached to the main game box. It's all extra, not replacements.
Old December 30th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If you have 1 of each and are thinking about getting a second of only one. I'd get the exclusive:
That way if your friend wants to use the same Planeswalker as you, she may.
Terrain and foils.
AND
We don't know if the expansion will get a pimped version.

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP News