Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 12th, 2020, 04:56 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: Dr. Jekyll's Thinking Room

How long does the Pepper Spray marker stay on the card for? There should be some mechanic in place for it to eventually wear off. Might consider some things immune like androids. I think I would just drop the whole attack aspect to cut a bunch of text and just make it a d20 roll that occurs after moving, before attacking.
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:19 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Something like this?

Quote:
Glyph of Utility: Pepper Spray
When this glyph comes into play, place 3 Red Pepper Spray Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, choose a figure within 2 clear sight spaces. roll a 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, place a Pepper Spray Marker on the chosen figure's card. A figure with a Pepper Spray Marker on its card cannot target a non-adjacent figure for an attack. At the end of a round remove all Pepper Spray Markers placed on Army Cards from the game. Android figures are not affected by Pepper Spray.
Edited for Androids
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:29 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

That works for me. Although I think I'd only use it on OM1, so maybe we could figure out a way to tweak it so it lasts a little longer for those hit on OM3?
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:38 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I feel like this is perfect for Marker removal. Just like Bolas but tweaked.

Quote:
Glyph of Utility: Pepper Spray
When this glyph comes into play, place 3 Red Pepper Spray Markers on this card. After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure within 2 clear sight spaces. roll a 20-sided die. If you roll a 12 or higher, place a Pepper Spray Marker on the chosen figure's card. A figure with a Pepper Spray Marker on its card cannot target a non-adjacent figure for an attack. When an affected figure ends its turn on a water space or is destroyed, remove the Pepper Spray Marker on its card from the game. Instead of taking a turn with an affected figure, the player controlling that figure may remove that Pepper Spray Marker from the game. Android figures are not affected by Pepper Spray.
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:39 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that direction. Should be a “you may,” though.

I’d probably cut the first red sentence to streamline it.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2020, 05:40 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I like that direction. Should be a “you may,” though.
Yes it should! thanks
Old July 12th, 2020, 05:41 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I tossed in a ninja edit, apologies.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old July 12th, 2020, 07:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Looking pretty solid. I might make the cost of removing the marker just an attack to lighten the hit a bit, so the figure can still move around while trying to recover. That can be sorted out in testing though. Anything else other than Androids feel ripe for an immunity here? Constructs? Not sure what else. Considered Undead for a hot second but I like the idea of spraying a vampire type. I think they do put garlic in the stuff.
Old July 12th, 2020, 09:07 PM

I feel like a proper pepper spray could mess with the sensors on an Android.

Old July 13th, 2020, 12:16 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I might make the cost of removing the marker just an attack to lighten the hit a bit, so the figure can still move around while trying to recover.
I personally like it being instead of taking a turn, just to keep it consistent with the Bola Markers. There's kind of a neat symmetry there, where the Bolas stop movement (and subtract defense) while the Pepper Spray stops non-adjacent attacks.

I will say, that if we're intent on giving Thrasher the Bulletproof Suit power (not sure if you are), this Glyph may not be the optimal pairing with him. Don't think it'll be bad with him per se, just noting that he'll already have something to shut down non-adjacent attacks. I think it'll be really nice as a tool to handle obnoxious kiters, especially in the endgame.

Actually, an idea just came to me; what if the spray prevented the affected figure from having Clear Sight on any figures at all? Would up the power level a bit, but that feels really evocative to the theme here.
Old July 13th, 2020, 12:48 AM
Forum Moderator

From my personal experience with pepper spray I agree with Yoda on this, movement I think is acceptable, however it should be at half speed being blind and all. I don't exactly know how I would word that though. When it comes to Night Thrashers Equipment, there is a lot to choose from. I am not set on Bulletproof suit, (just now seeing this) as he technically has active camouflage which should prevent him from being targeted by non-adjacent attacks anyway. I do like the Pepper Spray not effecting Androids, and I don't think Constructs is a stretch for that either.

Equipment
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 13th, 2020, 01:01 AM
Forum Moderator

@Mr.Nobody would you mind me running the Skate Board? It's pretty iconic for him. I didn't want to take a Glyph you came up with without asking.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy