Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Notices

Old August 14th, 2020, 11:14 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla - nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldarck View Post
I am curious, the second effetcs of Xunder seems to have change from after taking a turn with Xundar to instead taking a turn with him
Have you some explanation on the change (by curiosity, I have no opinion on the change)
Yes, good question. Concerns were brought up in Final Voting about the faction's interaction with Azazel the Kyrie Warrior. Since Rejected by Death triggers on every turn, having four turns per order marker gives Azazel more chances to respawn each round than anything that came before. Along with some other advantages, we were concerned about making an even stronger Azazel build than with Kurrok and Elementals. This modification (done with the designer's permission) weakens that interaction while still playing the same in nearly all other situations.

That's part of the reason these units took especially long in the final step. These concerns not only spurred a great deal of discussion, but also quite a bit of extra testing of Xundar-Azazel builds.
Thanks for the answer
And it didn't feel he should cost less?

So now we are waiting for the next shadows :P
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:17 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
;P

To be fair, Azazel is hot garbage.

~~flameslayer, who's d20 rolls are always horrible, all the time.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:42 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
And it didn't feel he should cost less?
Xundar? No, this change very little effect on gameplay, aside from the Rejected by Death interaction.
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:44 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Congrats !

I am curious, the second effects of Xunder seems to have change from after taking a turn with Xundar to instead taking a turn with him
Have you some explanation on the change (by curiosity, I have no opinion on the change)
Scy explained the change well. Basically Xundar now gets 5 spaces of movement instead of a turn where he doesn’t attack. Most of the time those are the same, but there are 3 notable gameplay changes that I could think of, all of which are small:

1. He doesn’t take a turn, which means you don’t roll for Rejected by Death. This is the biggest difference, since it cuts the RbD rolls by 3 for a round. Outside of Azazel/Thanos builds it does not matter.

2. If you have a movement bonus (road or Valda), Xundar can’t benefit from it unless he’s taking a turn to attack. This is only occasionally a difference, and on many maps wouldn’t even have the potential to come up.

3. You must decide before moving Xundar whether he is taking a turn or not. If there was some case where the result of Xundar’s move would have changed your course of action (maybe if he took a leaving engagement wound you’d move Shadows but if he was safe you’d use his Special Attack), that choice has been forced to before movement. I’m not sure this would matter even once in a hundred games.
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:50 AM

Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby! Zeldarck rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
Quote:
Congrats !

I am curious, the second effects of Xunder seems to have change from after taking a turn with Xundar to instead taking a turn with him
Scy explained the change well. Basically Xundar now gets 5 spaces of movement instead of a turn where he doesn’t attack. Most of the time those are the same, but there are 3 notable gameplay changes that I could think of, all of which are small:

1. He doesn’t take a turn, which means you don’t roll for Rejected by Death. This is the biggest difference, since it cuts the RbD rolls by 3 for a round. Outside of Azazel/Thanos builds it does not matter.

2. If you have a movement bonus (road or Valda), Xundar can’t benefit from it unless he’s taking a turn to attack. This is only occasionally a difference, and on many maps wouldn’t even have the potential to come up.

3. You must decide before moving Xundar whether he is taking a turn or not. If there was some case where the result of Xundar’s move would have changed your course of action (maybe if he took a leaving engagement wound you’d move Shadows but if he was safe you’d use his Special Attack), that choice has been forced to before movement. I’m not sure this would matter even once in a hundred games.
Ah yeah, I forgot on the original one we could use this power only if Xundar doesn't attack

Thanks for the details
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The PDFs for Xundar, the Shadow Binder, the Shadow Fiend, and the Shadow Hound have been uploaded.
Old August 14th, 2020, 11:56 AM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
So now we are waiting for the next shadows :P
Hey, don't spoil the surprise...

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 14th, 2020, 12:22 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Congrats SirH. Its good to finally see the shadows move on!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 14th, 2020, 01:33 PM
VIG & Battleship Galaxies Weasel

P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby! P_J_Keller rolls all skulls baby!

Thank you Sir_Heroscape for an excellent contribution and thank you SoV team for the thorough vetting process.

I really appreciate all the hard work to keep this great game fresh
Old August 16th, 2020, 05:56 PM

Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness Muskie wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Having a hard time with the Shadow hound and basing. figuring it is a single base. Is thee a picture? Are you cutting the purple base off and mounting with a foot overhanging? I cannot seem to line it up right on a single base.

What GenCon taught me was to assume only one skull on three dice!
Old August 17th, 2020, 10:16 AM
Marcel Marceau

DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun DanieLoche is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmuskie View Post
Having a hard time with the Shadow hound and basing. figuring it is a single base. Is thee a picture? Are you cutting the purple base off and mounting with a foot overhanging? I cannot seem to line it up right on a single base.

From what I saw in the first submission of this faction, the hound is on a large D&D-like single base :

Bunch of useful resources (army cards,
blanks, online databases & more..!)
French Forum's admin.
Old August 17th, 2020, 11:25 AM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

It's a regular base, that one just is a different type.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs