Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

Old December 26th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Site Admin & Master Custom Creator

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I just hope he's not the brooding Silver Surfer....that gets old real quick.
Awesome preview...thanks for posting link.

Newb.
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I had to watch it again. Surfing between parked cars and parking meters...so freakin' cool.
Anyone else think that Johnny should have been flying overhead at this point, instead of endangering those pedestrians with his flames? Just seems that a superhero would consider that. Regardless it was cool to see.
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:11 PM

LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LilNewbie is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Johnny is pretty reckless.

Newb.
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
I had to watch it again. Surfing between parked cars and parking meters...so freakin' cool.
Anyone else think that Johnny should have been flying overhead at this point, instead of endangering those pedestrians with his flames? Just seems that a superhero would consider that. Regardless it was cool to see.
Considering the fact that he directed a missle at a ship that he didn't know was empty in the last one, I would say no. Like Newb said, he is pretty reckless.
Old December 26th, 2006, 09:31 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Yeah, he is a bit of a hot head.
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Yeah, he is a bit of a hot head.
Old December 26th, 2006, 10:30 PM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Still not too excited about the movie. I like the look, but Marvel has stated that it wants to spin-off and create a Silver Surfer movie, which means that Galactus will probably be saved primarily for that. The character of Frankie Raye has been casted (Nova - another herald of Galactus), so it looks like the groundwork is in place. If Galactus is in the movie and "The Rise of the Silver Surfer" is the Surfer's defiance against Galactus, I'm on board. If the whole movie is going to be about the FF vs. the Surfer, I'm hoping that the Surfer pummels the crap out of them and kills the franchise.

The most disappointing part of the trailer for me was the Thing. As in the comics, I was hoping that they would evolve him, making him bigger with the more pronounced ridge across his brow.

Old December 27th, 2006, 12:34 AM

Venom has disabled reputation
great trailer. i got this from wikipidia

A sequel to the 2005 Fantastic Four film, scheduled for 2007, will be called Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. Early promotional materials indicate it will be a loose adaptation of the “Coming of Galactus” with the Surfer more of a central villain.

Old December 27th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
The surfer going down the side of the building totally reminded me of Ghost Rider going UP the side of a building in his own movie trailer.

Yeah, Johnny Storm = Reckless teen.

Btw Allskulls, this is too funny!

Old December 27th, 2006, 02:11 AM
Resident Artist & Master Custom Creator

CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker CupidsArt knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havokscry
Still not too excited about the movie. I like the look, but Marvel has stated that it wants to spin-off and create a Silver Surfer movie, which means that Galactus will probably be saved primarily for that. The character of Frankie Raye has been casted (Nova - another herald of Galactus), so it looks like the groundwork is in place. If Galactus is in the movie and "The Rise of the Silver Surfer" is the Surfer's defiance against Galactus, I'm on board. If the whole movie is going to be about the FF vs. the Surfer, I'm hoping that the Surfer pummels the crap out of them and kills the franchise.

The most disappointing part of the trailer for me was the Thing. As in the comics, I was hoping that they would evolve him, making him bigger with the more pronounced ridge across his brow.
I'm with you, excluding of course the death of the F4 franchise. I'm all for Super-Movies and the F4 are no exception,

Another point, I've never been a big Silver Surfer Fan. It comes from a childhood of confusing him with Iceman,

My mind is the Pink Zippo that sits on top of a pack of Camel Wides.
Old December 27th, 2006, 02:24 AM

I've always liked the Silver Surfer except for those long stretches of brooding over having to give up his life as Norrin Radd *yawn*. Other than that he kicks some serious tail and Ron Lim drawing Silver Surfer...sheer awesomeness!!

Newb.
Old December 27th, 2006, 03:07 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
My Silver Surfer artist was John Buscema. Heck, Buscema was the Avengers artist too. Okay, Tarzan and Conan as well....

I had a reprint of Silver Surfer #6 when I was kid. This story is dark, brooding, and creeped me out!
But the art! Oh glorious Buscema on Buscema bliss.
John Buscema (god rest his immensely talented soul) did the artwork. His brother Sal did the inks.
the overall art is not as epic as in SS #4, but, J. Buscema shines in many, many moments.

Here, Radd realizes he may be able to elude the Galactus-established Earth barrier by going into the future. So SS spins around the earth until he's in the far-flung future. I just like it because of the speed he's excelling at and the way he stops his board. Sooo cool. This is from Essential Silver Surfer vol. 1 - get it now!!!

Oh and here is SS battling the Marvel Universe equivalent of Dzu-Teh!
(This time with Joe Sinnott inking Buscema)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media