Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old February 6th, 2024, 09:09 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: HelmAverse Supers - Reinforcements Arrive

Really like the elegance of your Galactus design. One thing I learned about game design is never say never, there's almost always a good reason to bend your personal design rules a little bit and the 4 powers here cover the character well. The paint job on the 3D printed figure looks great too. Not quite as epic as the Heroclix figure, but definitely easier to fit onto a battlefield.

Congrats on 15 years in Scape. Thanks for the tag
Old February 9th, 2024, 12:46 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Thank you all for sharing in my anniversary by leaving messages in the thread. Really great to "see" Tickle and Confred stop by as it seems it's been too long. I hope you are both doing well.

I also hope you all continue to check out the HelmAverse as we have quite a few designs in various stages still in the pipeline. Some have been sitting for years (I'm looking at you CA and MF), some are slight reworks to cards we have been unhappy with (Liz Sherman and Abe Sapien) while others are complete newcomers thanks to the generosity of our new production manager (my nephew with the 3D printer) and my newly found confidence in painting. To sum it all up, we're not done at card 150.
Old February 9th, 2024, 10:07 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

10 high quality cards a year as a one man operation is quite an accomplishment. Congrats.

I'm going to try and print that Big G myself now.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 19th, 2024, 10:29 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Happy 15th anniversary! Always love checking out your latest designs and shamelessly stealing ideas from time to time.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old February 25th, 2024, 06:38 PM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Happy 15th anniversary! Always love checking out your latest designs and shamelessly stealing ideas from time to time.
Thanks, Necro, and by all means steal any ideas you want. And don't stop at the cards, I welcome the chance to give away the bizarre thoughts and ideas that circle around in my head.

But make sure ideas are all that you steal because if you make a habit of stealing, I caution you to beware of The Law...

Edit: oops, fog effect accidentally left off. Will add later tonight.

Last edited by Matt Helm; February 25th, 2024 at 07:53 PM.
Old February 25th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Respect the badge,
he earned it with his blood.
Fear the gun.
Your sentence may be death, because
"I am the Law"

Some really interesting mechanics there. Well done. I do like Stoic but if there are any immunities in HelmAverse for Fearless then Dredd should be Fearless. He looks into the face of Fear and punches it.
Incendiary should be really nice against squads if your dice hot. Should at least keep them spread out.
Dredd is misspelled twice in the first power. Judge Dread was actually the original proposed name though.
Old February 25th, 2024, 10:45 PM
Captain Underpants

Thank you, 'Nado, for finding the auto-correct typos and for offering your expert advice on the character. We're going to take your advice on "Fearless" and have updated the card with the changes.

And since we were back on tonight, Lil'Helm finished off the art on a card recently designed by his brother, Helm, Jr. I'm ecstatic the way this one came out. Custom paint by Matt Helm (quite some time ago), custom design by Helm Jr., custom card art by Lil'Helm. It's the first true family collaboration. And it happens to be unique in that I think it's the only version of this character done to date.

For anyone interested in making the figure, we started with the Heroclix figure Iron Man 035 from the Captain America and the Avengers series.
Spoiler Alert!

EDIT 3/3/2024: I noticed that when we copied over the wording we forgot the last edit to limit the Gravity power to small and medium figures. The newer version of "Gravity Disruption" replaces "Gravity Manipulation"

Last edited by Matt Helm; March 2nd, 2024 at 08:10 PM.
Old February 26th, 2024, 08:23 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Not familiar with the character but that is a really cool design.
I originally had Dredd as Unyielding or something like that but after seeing this again had to push for Fearless.
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 27th, 2024, 04:30 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Very cool to see Radiant Black! Nice mod too! I've tried writing him up a few times but could never come up with anything. Its a good book though (I think I'm a bit behind at this point)
Old February 27th, 2024, 08:22 PM
Captain Underpants

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
10 high quality cards a year as a one man operation is quite an accomplishment. Congrats.

OK, I've waited patiently. Did you ever print him up? Did you scale him any bigger than we did? Did you paint him yet? Were you braver than me and attempted a black wash? I usually like to black wash the figures to give them a classic heroscape figure look but since Galactus is a 3-D print, I was afraid that the black wash would show off some of the subtle lines that are created in the printing process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Not familiar with the character but that is a really cool design.
I originally had Dredd as Unyielding or something like that but after seeing this again had to push for Fearless.
Thanks for sharing the comic page and for convincing us to go "Fearless".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Very cool to see Radiant Black! Nice mod too! I've tried writing him up a few times but could never come up with anything. Its a good book though (I think I'm a bit behind at this point)
I don't read the book myself but Helm Jr. is a fan. It took quite a few issues to get a feel for the character's powers and fighting style. He's still so new that he could even change over time but the family play testers liked what Helm Jr. came up with. It represents him as well as we can tell thus far.

As far as the mod goes I don't think he's one of my better ones. On the game board he looks great without my glasses, but up close for the card photo I see all of the sloppy work. I'm positive you could make a sick one if you used the same piece.

I am proud of a few other paint jobs I did more recently. They too look better from afar but still look good enough up close for the card. I'll reveal them as the cards get finalized.
Old February 27th, 2024, 10:27 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Helm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

OK, I've waited patiently. Did you ever print him up? Did you scale him any bigger than we did? Did you paint him yet? Were you braver than me and attempted a black wash? I usually like to black wash the figures to give them a classic heroscape figure look but since Galactus is a 3-D print, I was afraid that the black wash would show off some of the subtle lines that are created in the printing process.
Not yet. That will need to wait until probably after the HS baseball season is over so I have time. I don't like to leave my printer alone for too long

We've black washed a few 3d printed figures but not often. It takes too much work. You have to do a little prep work. We did the Acetone trick a couple of times to smooth out some really rough patches. We don't black wash much though as my son is still learning and he likes the comic book look that it has without it.

Maybe after he gets his Soundwarp SG-1 master class this summer he will be ready for the fancy stuff.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old March 2nd, 2024, 05:36 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I like that you used the British spelling of "Judgement" for Dredd. Cute touch.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations