Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old October 8th, 2016, 09:26 PM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!
Re: MechaScape

Battletech is still such a great game, takes a bit to play. But if everyone knows the rules fairly well and a few time saving measures are used a lance on lance game can be finished in around 2 hours. (cluster box for rolling all at once, Popsicle sticks for weapon firing, colored dice for movement modifiers). Hard to strip anything out of it without taking away the flavor. (never liked alpha strike for just this reason)

Your tree system is alot like the one I came up with.

Mechwarrior DA miniatures are a great way to play but i always hated the scale (or lack of consistency)

Selling the last of my re-based DA miniatures actually if your interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122146032906...84.m1555.l2649

Come check out my heroscape .gif Images.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30039
Old October 9th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Great stuff.

Cool cards mac122!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old October 9th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JairEmia View Post
Your tree system is a lot like the one I came up with.
[...snip...]
Those tree frames are cool. How did you make them? 3D printer?

Thanks for the link. It looks like I've already got those figures (at least the ones from the factions I'm targeting).
Old October 20th, 2016, 11:07 AM
The Animator

JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby! JairEmia rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstree View Post
Quote:
Your tree system is a lot like the one I came up with.
[...snip...]
Those tree frames are cool. How did you make them? 3D printer?

Thanks for the link. It looks like I've already got those figures (at least the ones from the factions I'm targeting).
Yeah 3d printer, not mine though (shapeways)

Old January 11th, 2017, 01:31 AM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Quote:
Battletech is still such a great game, takes a bit to play. But if everyone knows the rules fairly well and a few time saving measures are used a lance on lance game can be finished in around 2 hours. (cluster box for rolling all at once, Popsicle sticks for weapon firing, colored dice for movement modifiers). Hard to strip anything out of it without taking away the flavor. (never liked alpha strike for just this reason)

Your tree system is brilliant!! May I ask - what did you use for the filler between the hexes?

I'm starting to get back into Battletech and I'm working on tree designs for scale but having a little trouble with leaving the space open to be occupied while also being a 'woods' hex.

Edit: Ah - I see that you 3-D printed them. Do you have a file?
Old January 11th, 2017, 08:06 PM
The Animator

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo View Post
Quote:

Your tree system is brilliant!! May I ask - what did you use for the filler between the hexes?

I'm starting to get back into Battletech and I'm working on tree designs for scale but having a little trouble with leaving the space open to be occupied while also being a 'woods' hex.

Edit: Ah - I see that you 3-D printed them. Do you have a file?
Thank you for your kind words, and yes I most certainly have a file. It is optimized for cheapest printing on shapeways so if you own a printer you may be better off with the single hollow hex file I have. (not uploaded)

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2031609

A quick disclaimer is that I did not create the original hollow hex, i simply repaired, put them together and optimized them.

Also worth looking at is srmalloys tree base hexes, they are pefect for basing buildings.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1789245

Only down side to this way of basing the trees is that they cannot be placed next to hills. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Old January 14th, 2017, 06:57 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Are the buildings 3D printed?
File?
And sweet!

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 14th, 2017, 08:22 PM
The Animator

Unfortuntly not, the buildings where resin cast. I buy one model then use the mold maker by smooth-on and the resin from specialtyresins.com (cheaper and harder) and cast as many as i need. The below picture details exactly how much I was able to cast with 1 gallon of resin, (though the larger square buildings do have a foam core to reduce resin costs.)

You could check out xmark.com if your interested in resin buildings, though they are rather pricey.

http://xmarx.com/products.html

Old January 15th, 2017, 02:31 PM

Are they solid?

Are the square buildings stackable?

I have been considering getting into casting for awhile.

Do you use Blue Stuff?

I will be running a game at Marmalade Dog 22 at WMU in Kalamazoo. My rule system on a Heroscape map, King of the Hill. Cool little convention. Check it out if you get the chance, weekend after St. Patrick's Day I believe.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 15th, 2017, 06:49 PM
The Animator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Are they solid?

Are the square buildings stackable?

I have been considering getting into casting for awhile.

Do you use Blue Stuff?

I will be running a game at Marmalade Dog 22 at WMU in Kalamazoo. My rule system on a Heroscape map, King of the Hill. Cool little convention. Check it out if you get the chance, weekend after St. Patrick's Day I believe.
You know what they say about a picture being worth a thousand words right?

This one is not stackable but i cast a few of them and sanded the bottom off one and glued it to the top of another, a bit of green stuff and wala double height building. Unfortunately the site i bought this from no longer stocks this building, the original was not solid but my casts are.

These buildings are this building by JR miniatures glued together: http://www.meeplemart.com/resize/Sha...&bw=600&bh=600

As you can see I am a big fan of MWO art style.

Casting turned out to be much easier than I expected, I would suggest it to anyone to try it atleast once. This is the mold maker I use: https://www.amazon.com/Smooth-Silico...ords=smooth+on

That event sounds like fun, I am not sure what I will be doing at that time, but I will keep it in mind thanks for letting me know.

By the by, what sort of rules do you play by? im sure most gamers use slightly modified rules and im always interested to hear about house rules from other players.

Last edited by JairEmia; January 16th, 2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old January 16th, 2017, 12:45 PM

My rule system. It is called Heroes or Dead. I give a little info in my interview for the Codex in the Blogs forum.
It started as a fantasy RPG and recently has morphed into a miniature style game.
The last one was two rival mercenary vessels clashing on the open sea. That one was ripe with Wild Magic.

This one is 5 groups of two(sort of Hunger Games style) competing to become King of the Hill. This game will feature all of our magic user classes(first time ever as we have only shown a Healer so far), each team will have at least one MU.

I modify the rules depending on the game and map/format. The last one was fairly simple as the game was limited to the two ships. This one is a bit more open/complex.
I borrowed heavily from Heroscape. Movement is easy, 1 Move per hex, regardless of height with the exception that you cannot Move up an elevation greater than your height.
So figures Move fast. Water still stops movement. I currently do not have a bonus for high ground(still trying to come up with something clever besides an attack bonus).

We have a mechanic called Other Actions. On your turn you can Move, Normal Action and Other Action, in any order. Normal Action is when you can attack or really do anything besides move. Other Actions vary per class and all have various movement options(Move, Swim, Climb). So you could Move, move again with Other Action, and then attack with your Normal Action.

Cool to see folks still love Battletech. That was my game of choice for quite a few years back in the day. There is a thread onsite for Battletech fans! I will have to try and find the link.

I do not use contractions(online) after reading the novels about the Clan. Good stuff.
If you make it to the convention we will have to team up for Battletech pod action. They are free to use after you buy your badge, which is an incredible deal.

Thanks for the info on casting.
Have you tried Blue Stuff? It can be reused for casting, so best for one off castings where what you are using is perfect for a permanent mold.
C3G is currently working on bringing buildings into Heroscape so anything related to the subject grabs my attention.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 18th, 2017, 05:16 PM
The Animator

Never have used blue stuff, I have occasional simply indented something in clay for a one time cast, though this really only works for one side casts.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions