Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 13th, 2010, 03:18 PM

bdhrobb is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Red face Brand new, advice? should I be concerned?

I bought a Heroscape starter set years ago, but didn't really get interested until recently. Now I see lots of talk that Heroscape is over? Should I be concerned?

Do you have any advice or suggestions for someone just starting?

I have 100's of Heroclix, so I am interested in using those to play. I am interested in some customs. Is it easy to design my own, or is there someone out there who takes requests?

Thanks.
Old November 13th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation
Re: Brand new, advice? should I be concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhrobb View Post
I bought a Heroscape starter set years ago, but didn't really get interested until recently. Now I see lots of talk that Heroscape is over? Should I be concerned?

Do you have any advice or suggestions for someone just starting?

I have 100's of Heroclix, so I am interested in using those to play. I am interested in some customs. Is it easy to design my own, or is there someone out there who takes requests?

Thanks.
You can easily play with one set, so no.

Get whatever you can find.

The only real problem with customs is time (to playtest), but they aren't too difficult. Also, there could be customs already made that you could use.

And welcome to the site!
Old November 13th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Cheer Up Heroscapers!~NEWS FLASH!
C3G Project Custom Superheros
C3V Customs Classic Customs
Sightings and Sales
Sponsored Links List on left side of page
HS Trade Thread & Good Traders

Scape On!

Guess I'm getting back into Scape

Last edited by xraine69; November 13th, 2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old November 13th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

There's a ton available in stores now. Check out xraine69's links.

Don't forget to buy multiple commons. If you want to get into it seriously, buy 3x commons packs when you can and 1x hero packs.

There's still plenty on store shelves, particularly online.

Happy Scaping & welcome to the board.

edit: I *really* like D1 and D2, and they're both in stock with online dealers.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; November 13th, 2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old November 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM

land.scape is surprisingly tart

There are enough fans and product out there that the game will live on for years yet. Wave 1 & 8, plus the DnD scape packs, are all easy to find. And other packs can be had on eBay. Everything comes up for sale eventually. Some stuff can be had for a couple bucks, some gets heavily marked up. You could always buy what's available now and see about trading it here for what's not. You probably won't get a 1-for-1 trade, but it'll still come out cheaper than rare item eBay prices.

Doing customs can be tricky if you're fairly new to the game cuz you'll want to make all of them really tough. Who wants to make a custom that's just gonna sit in the drawer? But finding a good niche for each one can make them far more valuable than making all of them a tank. After all, your tank against your opponent's tank will still fall often and feel like it needs powering up even more. And a super tank that keeps dominating your opponent won't be fun for long. People might not want to play against you if you always pull out the stealth flying slug with lingering poison vomit cloud that regenerates to full health even when it's been dead for a week.

There's a thread for customs where people post their creations and people comment on their powers. You can see how others do theirs and borrow powers and point values from the ones that get thumbs up. Then you can work up your own as variations on those.

Hmm... now I gotta think up a good way to implement lingering poison vomit cloud!

Good trades: Just_A_Bill x3, Gypsy x2, Django, outforblood, eternaldream, Gromazeka, Sup3rS0n1c, jordy40 x2, BobofDeath's Dad, CheddarLimbo, delphic, Jesusfreak13, Tysac, GeneralRolando, Frylock.
Old November 14th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Theme Nerd

badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness badgermaniac wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Regarding the Heroclix...the custom groups are fine and you certainly might find what you want from them, but there are hundreds of fan-made customs that are outstanding as well. Some are very refined, some are more or less first drafts, but like I said, there is a lot of good stuff there.

A-Z Custom Thread

This list has just about every conceivable character you can find, and what I like about it is you can find different takes or versions of characters.

Most are very playable or at the very least, tweakable for your use.

The process of designing customs is very easy. It isn't rocket science. Wording may not always be perfect or a card may not be totally balanced , but as long as you test the new cards out as much as you can and are willing to tweak, you will usually get something that is fun, which is the main point.
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:14 PM

Thanks for all your input, that was lots of good advice.

I do have a question about the rules. (I looked through the rules threads and it is just too overwhelming to try and find anything.)

When it is a squad's turn I can move or attack with all the members of that squad right? What if some members of the squad can attack but others can't? Can one robot attack but the other robot move?
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Bot Bloodhound

Fen_Hydra has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhrobb View Post
Thanks for all your input, that was lots of good advice.

I do have a question about the rules. (I looked through the rules threads and it is just too overwhelming to try and find anything.)

When it is a squad's turn I can move or attack with all the members of that squad right? What if some members of the squad can attack but others can't? Can one robot attack but the other robot move?
You can ask the question in the question dump.

But to answer it,
1: You can move and attack with as many figures as is shown on the card.
2: Then some do attack and some don't. You would loose attacks.
3: Yes.

For example, say you have a squad of Zettian guards and activate them. First, you may move them both. (One at a time, but in the same turn one after the other) Then they both can attack. (One at a time, but in the same turn one after the other)

Let me know if this helps/doesn't help.
Old November 14th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth

If you have the first master set, find yourself some Wave 1 ASAP.

See my sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:10 PM

Thanks on the rule clarification. They move or shoot. Great.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion