Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 19th, 2022, 04:05 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Flash (vote for public testing)

Thanks all, This passes.
Old March 28th, 2022, 02:24 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Flash (breathing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile View Post

SPEED REAPER
At the start of the game, choose an enemy Unique or Event Hero to be Black Flash's Quarry. You must choose a figure with the highest Move number available. When its Quarry is destroyed, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card, and choose another enemy Unique or Event Hero to be Black Flash's Quarry.

TRY TO OUTRUN DEATH
Immediately after the opponent who controls Black Flash's Quarry finishes their player turn, you may move Black Flash up to 4 spaces. Whenever Black Flash ends its movement adjacent to its Quarry, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 11 or higher, inflict a wound on its Quarry receives one wound.

SUPERSPEED
Black Flash may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his its movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Black Flash, if he it did not use his its Try To Outrun Death special power this turn, he it may move up to an additional 4 spaces.
If the entity is gender-neutral.

If not, change to male pronouns in the first two powers.

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old March 28th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Black Flash (public testing)

Thanks SirG! Updated.
Old April 10th, 2022, 12:45 AM
Archie

Shiftrex & Splash tests:
Quote:
C3G PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

Unit Name Black Flash

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? No

- What should be the unit's point value? 250?
- Give a brief overview. The first game was using the Flash Family vs Gor which was a bit of a nightmare in itself. I think the matchup was pretty bad here but it highlighted something with BF. He seems to like going after low-life low-defense figures more than one large target, meaning that he would probably be good thematically at chasing down another speedster.

Map: Chernobyl
Units:

300 Black Flash
300 Flash (Wally West) (Flash Family)
250 Flash (Barry Allen)
50 Atom (Ray Palmer)
100 Ragdoll (Peter Merkell Jr.)
1000, 5 hexes

vs

Gorr
1000, 1 hex

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? No

- What should be the unit's point value? 250?
- Give a brief overview. Second game had a much better showing for BF, I think he could be pretty fitting in the Slashers build but his point total makes him awkward. Opponent pointed out that it would be great if BF could carry around Chucky.

Map: Chernobyl
Units:

335 Pinhead (Elliott Spencer)
300 Black Flash
175 Jason Voorhees
135 Michael Myers
50 Atom (Ray Palmer)
995, 5 hexes

vs

600 Alien Drone x5
400 Alien Queen
1000, 7 hexes

Spoiler Alert!

Player 1's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Black Flash's statline seems ok, his 10 move balances with his passive movement ability and I like that he targets a single figure to move out as a grim reaper. Thematically I think he is on point, being bulkier at 6 health is absolutely necessary because he has to run up and keep being adjacent to someone in order to deal any damage.

I feel like if he is going to stay at 300 that he needs something extra, maybe a way to dodge damage. Or perhaps change up his d20 to an unblockable roll. At this point I'd like to see his cost decrease so I can fit him into a slashers build with both Jason and Freddy or at least have him carry around Chucky who he could make great use of.

Player 2's THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
Black Flash fell pretty early in the first game to Gorr, which was kind of a bad matchup for black Flash since the goal is to eliminate multiple Quarries, but it was nice that Event Heroes could be targeted. The second game saw a lot more action taking out the Xenos, but the Aliens won by a landslide against the Slashers since the aliens scattered across the map pretty fast and moved past everyone to take out Pinhead. I think Xenos are just kind of a bad matchup against Slashers in general, since they have no range and low movement.

Right now Black Flash is 300 and aside from superspeed is setup to pick a target and go after them, but this leads to BF getting there pretty quick and being targeted for the first attacks of the game, which can be bad, since there is no real speed dodge or anything like that. Wally has Speed Force so he can hit and then get away, and I feel like there are other speedsters who have better offensive options if they are sticking around. Black Flash was the best performing figure in the second game but still didn't feel like 300 points worth compared to say Flash Family Wally.

Since Black Flash is basically death, it could be interesting to deal autowounds instead of unblockables, it would probably have to once per round or something restrictive, but it would feel more worth drafting.
I think these were unfavorable matchups for Black Flash's side each game, but going down 20 points or so seems reasonable for the next set of tests.
Old April 11th, 2022, 10:46 AM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Version tested
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Martian War Zone
Units: Black Flash (300), Flash (300), Flash (220), Kid Flash (140) (1020) vs Kenshi (190), Spider-man (170), Stick (160), Thor (470) (990)

Powers Used:
Speed Reaper (chosen figure): Thor
Speed Reaper (Heal): 0
Try to Outrun Death: 3
Try to Outrun Death (dmg): 0
Superspeed: 0

Damage from normal attacks: 0

This wasn’t a team game, but instead, Thor taking on an entire speedster team and absolutely destroying them. In fact, the only wounds he took were from lava or lava field. I would not count this game towards evaluating Black Flash.

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Kenshi with 4/4 Life Remaining, Spider-Man with 4/4 Life remaining, Stick 3/4 Life remaining, Thor 6/8 Life remaining

Spoiler Alert!

Powers Used:
Speed Reaper (chosen figure): Vision then Ocean Master then Merlyn then Star-Lord
Speed Reaper (Heal): 4
Try to Outrun Death: 30 (Both movement & attempting wounding)
Try to Outrun Death (dmg): 8
Superspeed: 13

Damage from normal attacks: 9

I used the same speedster team and this time the results were a little more balanced. Ocean Master was on fire with his trident, dealing about 6-8 wounds total (it destroyed a full Jay Garrick in a single turn). However, Black Flash was able to turn the game around for the speedsters and pretty much destroy the other team by himself, and each time he healed.

Who won? List figures remaining in the winning army (include life remaining for heroes): Black Flash with 6/6 Life Remaining

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
He feels pretty close at 300, maybe just a smidge high, but I think he is fine at 300. His passive auto wounding is balanced with keeping him right in the middle of the fight. My mistake was not taking him out sooner in my second match, otherwise the Ocean Master team might have won.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I was a little worried that 6 Def with no dodge special power might prove too weak for this speedster, but I think it balances nicely with 6 Life and healing.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old April 11th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Archie

Thanks fret!

I'm thinking of taking Black Flash down to 280 points (-20 points) for final editing. Any objections there?
Old April 11th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Seems like a good approach.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2022, 03:33 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I'd maybe go with whatever works best for army building around that range, at least for Pinhead armies(or whatever his main armies will be)? Just to ensure he can see some decent play in that regard.
Old April 11th, 2022, 04:18 PM
Archie

Re: The Book of Black Flash (vote final editing)

I played around with some Pinhead builds at 280 - that should work pretty well for him. 280 + Pinhead + Chucky gets to 700, then you’ve got Ghostface, Sadako, Gremlins, or other even-point blocks to get you to other even point totals.

I’ll propose for Final Editing.
Old April 11th, 2022, 04:41 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

yea

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2022, 05:59 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

yea

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old April 11th, 2022, 06:13 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Yea

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library