Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old June 19th, 2020, 11:57 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: [Pod 2] Sorin of the Eternal Thirst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
Does Brutality need to use a marker as a reminder of whether he's killed/dealt a wound?
It shouldn’t *need* it, similar to how Overextend doesn’t need a marker.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 21st, 2020, 02:27 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Hmmm, I guess Overextend just seems a little more memorable to me, especially if we go with the version where he would only need to deal a wound and not necessarily kill something.
Old June 22nd, 2020, 02:41 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
He might end up a bit underpowered with bonded Romans, but since that’s only a major thing for the MS only I’m not too worried about it.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a feature and not a bug. We don't need to make heavy competition for MDS.

I'm not convinced we need a marker, but if we do, are we using the sword markers yet?
Old June 23rd, 2020, 12:54 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
He might end up a bit underpowered without bonded Romans, but since that’s only a major thing for the MS only I’m not too worried about it.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a feature and not a bug. We don't need to make heavy competition for MDS.

I'm not convinced we need a marker, but if we do, are we using the sword markers yet?
Woops, typo. Fairly big difference there

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old June 24th, 2020, 04:48 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Oh, yeah, hah. No worries there. I'm not too concerned on that note.
Old July 6th, 2020, 05:18 PM

Bumping. How do we feel?
Old July 12th, 2020, 10:51 AM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm assuming this is the draft we're currently talking about:

Quote:
Vlad

Human
U. Hero
Warlord
Ruthless

5/5/1/4/3

BRUTALITY
When Vlad destroys a figure/causes a wound, for the rest of the round he and all figures with a range of 1 adjacent to him add 1 to their attack.

PARALYZING STARE/CRUELTY 13
After moving and before attacking, choose any small or medium figure adjacent to Vlad III. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 13 or higher, the defending figure cannot roll defense dice if attacked by Vlad III this turn.
I think this is a solid draft. Personally it doesn't excite me that much, but that's fine. Brutality seems like it will be pretty situational, and I'm guessing won't have as much of an impact in practice as it looks like on paper. Also, right now I'm not sure whether or not Brutality is intended to stack if Vlad deals more than one wound during the round? Going by the power as written it seems like the bonus should stack, but I'm not sure that was the intent.

I also don't love how Paralyzing Stare/Cruelty 13 is just a renamed version of James Murphy's Whip 12 with the d20 target slightly adjusted, but there's plenty of precedent for this kind of name change so I'm okay with it.

Also, just an observation that right now Velkhor, Nahiri, Vlad, and Durnipia all have 5 Life / 3 Defense. That's not necessarily something that needs to be changed, but I definitely think that the miniature's armor could easily justify a higher defense value if we wanted to go in that direction.
Old July 12th, 2020, 12:55 PM
I could go

I personally think 4D is justifiable here. Nahiri could easily get 2D since she’s basically wearing light armor.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 23rd, 2020, 07:52 PM

Alright, I'm going to put that in the OP. Did we want to talk about the name? I'm putting Vlad III just for now.
Old July 24th, 2020, 06:23 AM
I could go

Re: [Pod 2] Vlad III (Sorin of the Eternal Thirst)

Vlad III works for me.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 25th, 2020, 05:22 PM

Vlad III would be my preference as well.
Old July 28th, 2020, 06:31 PM

I'm doing a little skimming - did we want to use the actual, historical figure of Vlad Dracul, or a sort of Robin Hood-esque folkloric eastern-europe warlord heavily inspired by him? I'm for some reason hesitant to use the actual historical figure, if only because we know where he died and that would disrupt Earth's timeline, something the ODs were hesitant to do IIRC.

If the latter, we could say Vlad IV, and it's his secret, but just as brutal, son.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs