Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old September 23rd, 2019, 12:23 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahScott View Post
For the Great Axes, rename "Tenacity" to "Adrenaline," and "Strategic Charge" to "Into the Fray".

For Dalmar, I agree with All Your Pie--change his Move to 5 and remove Strategic Charge entirely; Dwarven Heroes don't share abilities with squads.

I don't like "Imposing Threat" at all, neither the title or what it does. Tandros Kreel's Combat Challenge makes thematic sense, but I don't know why "Imposing Threat" should impede only attacks on small targets.
ooh, Adrenaline is pretty good. I like that a lot. Into the Fray is also pretty good, though it could potentially have the same hiccups as Charge into Battle.

Combat Challenge has issues. The way it was worded forces you to attack Tadros Kreel specifically. This means that if Kreel and another figure(a) with the ability were engaged to the same figure(b), that figure(b) could not attack. There are two ways to fix this. Change the wording of Combat Challenge by adding "or another figure with the Combat Challenge ability", or by making a different ability, that has a similar effect. I chose the second option, and tried to make a different ability that had a similar effect.

As far as small/medium targets go, I was trying to limit the effectiveness of the ability. However, you aren't the only one to point out that it doesn't make sense to only limit it's effect on small/medium, so I'll just going to remove the size restriction entirely.
Old September 23rd, 2019, 02:57 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
As far as small/medium targets go, I was trying to limit the effectiveness of the ability. However, you aren't the only one to point out that it doesn't make sense to only limit it's effect on small/medium, so I'll just going to remove the size restriction entirely.
In restricting the ability you're also changing the theme. This is some sort of distraction Dalmar is doing, so why won't he do so for fellow heroes? He's apparently picky about who he protects, and the name needs to reflect what that means.
Old September 24th, 2019, 12:33 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Adrenaline can work as a replacement name for "Tenacity" but I feel like there's still a better name out there. Maybe "Follow Through"? They're the "Great Axes of Ironstone" what about something like "Ironstone Grit"? "Ironstone Training"?

The Charge power feels like it should have "Burst" in it somehow.

I agree that you should probably remove the Charge power from the hero; just give him 5 move.

If you want to lighten the restrictions on the "Protector of the Clan" power, why not just call it "Protector"?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 24th, 2019, 01:53 AM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
In restricting the ability you're also changing the theme. This is some sort of distraction Dalmar is doing, so why won't he do so for fellow heroes? He's apparently picky about who he protects, and the name needs to reflect what that means.
Fair point. I've had this design for a long time, and I think my view of it was pretty cloudy at this point. I thought it was perfect, and was expecting a smooth experience with my submission. From what I remember when initially designing it, the size restrictions were based on the sizes of dwarves, thinking that he would prefer his own species over anything else. I didn't want to restrict it to dwarves alone though, so I just restricted the size. It didn't occur to me that this didn't really make sense without that context. As I stated yesterday, I'm going to fully remove the size restriction. I want to keep the common restriction, but I can see reasons not to as well...
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Adrenaline can work as a replacement name for "Tenacity" but I feel like there's still a better name out there. Maybe "Follow Through"? They're the "Great Axes of Ironstone" what about something like "Ironstone Grit"? "Ironstone Training"?

The Charge power feels like it should have "Burst" in it somehow.

I agree that you should probably remove the Charge power from the hero; just give him 5 move.

If you want to lighten the restrictions on the "Protector of the Clan" power, why not just call it "Protector"?
I like to name any new powers I create so that they could be reused in other designs by anyone else. Tenacity is unique enough that I am probably safe letting that mentality slide in this case.

Ironstone Strength? Ironstone Vigor? Ironstone Might? could also reverse it and say "______ of Ironstone".

I think I like Inspired Charge the most so far. Burst of Speed is an idea, but I'm not feeling it.

Last edited by Leaf_It; September 24th, 2019 at 04:11 AM.
Old September 24th, 2019, 02:22 AM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

"Reinforce The Line"?
Old September 24th, 2019, 06:25 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

"Because you're mine, I reinforce the line."
Old September 24th, 2019, 11:14 AM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_It View Post
I like to name any new powers I create so that they could be reused in other designs by anyone else. Tenacity is unique enough that I am probably safe letting that mentality slide in this case.
I applaud this.
Old September 24th, 2019, 04:10 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

Well, speaking of tenacity...

Old September 24th, 2019, 04:21 PM

I would think a Tenacity power would increase Attack rather than Defense, but this is ok.

Here's a problem with Kate that I'm feeling with Clayton as I'm testing him: the stats seem out-of-place compared to the other Lawmen. The others all are 5 Life 5/7/2/2. Kate is 4 Life 5/6/3/2. The Life difference is sensible, and I'm happy to see 2 Defense. But the 6/3 range/attack stats feel wrong compared to everyone else at 7/2.
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:16 PM

I wanted to give her three so that there was SOME decision between FtH and normal attack. But then, Murphy & Sully don't really ever choose between. Clay is 3 attack, but the focus on him isn't flashy gunwork.
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:37 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
I wanted to give her three so that there was SOME decision between FtH and normal attack. But then, Murphy & Sully don't really ever choose between. Clay is 3 attack, but the focus on him isn't flashy gunwork.
yeah I wouldn't be afraid of 2 attack even if the point total is lower.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 24th, 2019, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
The extra range (at 7) would be incentive to use her normal attack, as would be height advantage.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards