Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old June 5th, 2017, 05:01 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
The Book of Penguin (II)

The Book of Penguin (II)

C3G DC SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE 53
ARKHAM UNLEASHED

Comic PDF

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Batman: Gotham City Strategy Game set.
Its model number and name are #005/The Penguin.

Character Bio - The Penguin is a Gotham City crimelord with a deformed physical appearance who fights Batman. Despite the penguin-like appearance that led to his nickname, he is a ruthlessly cunning criminal genius operating out of his nightclub the Iceberg Lounge. Having dealt with mockery of his stature from an early age, he has dedicated himself to inspiring respect and fear through his exploits. His standard weapon is an umbrella with different gadgets lethal and otherwise hidden inside of it. He has been a member of the Injustice League, Secret Society of Super-Villains and Suicide Squad. Penguin was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger, first appearing in Detective Comics #58. (1941) - DC Wikia

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • Penguin may use his Political Investment special power to end an enemy figure's turn when that enemy figure targets a Human Crime Lord or Human Mastermind you control for an attack. Current Human Crime Lords and Human Masterminds.
  • Penguin's Crime Lord Collusion special power may add to your initiative roll for each Order Marker on the card of a Crime Lord or Mastermind you control. Current Crime Lords and Masterminds.
  • Penguin may move Criminals and Thieves with his Criminal Syndicate special power. Current Criminals and Thieves.

-Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses-

Immunities:
  • N/A
Benefits:
  • N/A
Weaknesses:
  • N/A

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-

Last edited by Splash; August 5th, 2022 at 10:30 PM. Reason: png
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:02 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Penguin (II) (Breathing)

NAME = PENGUIN
SECRET IDENTITY = OSWALD COBBLEPOT

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME LORD
PERSONALITY = GREEDY

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 4
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = 140

POLITICAL INVESTMENT
Start the game with 3 black Investment Markers on this card. When a Human Crime Lord or Human Mastermind you control is targeted for an attack, before any attack dice are rolled you may remove an Investment Marker from this card. If you do, the attacking figure's turn immediately ends.

CRIME LORD COLLUSION
When rolling for initiative, if there is at least one Order Marker on this card, add 1 to your roll for each Order Marker on a Crime Lord or Mastermind card you control. If there are no Order Markers on this card, subtract 6 from your roll.

CRIMINAL SYNDICATE
After revealing an Order Marker on this card and instead of taking a turn with Penguin, you may immediately move up to 4 Criminal or Thief figures you control up to 4 spaces each. You may then choose one figure that is engaged with two or more Criminals or Thieves you control and roll 1 unblockable attack die against the chosen figure. Figures moved by Criminal Syndicate do not take any leaving engagement attacks.

Last edited by Arkham; March 22nd, 2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:03 PM

Figure:
Spoiler Alert!

Comic:
Spoiler Alert!

Background:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; August 26th, 2017 at 10:52 AM.
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:52 PM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Not much to say, since I'm not personally invested in another Penguin, but the design looks like quite a bit of fun and seems to fit the character.

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:00 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Not a character I know or care about, but I like how he ties together the Gotham Rogues Gallery (and others) in bizarre, unique and interesting ways - that's always been a faction that's existed more in concept than mechanics so far, so it's nice to see something to tie it together.
The only thing I wish is that the Street Thugs were more useful - I'm not a massive fan of the way most new Crime Lords have powers that directly shaft their synergy, but that may not be avoidable here.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd kinda prefer if Untamed Insanity had a little more flavor like the Insane figures were flying off the handle or otherwise being kinda disruptive (though I know we don't want to lean into disruption too hard and end up with another Penguin I!)

Re: the Street Thugs, I sympathize, but Oswald Cobblepot is absolutely not the roughneck crime lord messiah that's going to give those guys a purpose.
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:05 PM

My overall goal here is to really expand the usage of Crime Lords with Masterminds, Criminals, Thieves, and the Insane. It will rope in most of the prominent Batman rogues gallery to work together, as well as many logical pairings between Marvel and DC etc. It unifies a lot of the OM hubs that exist in Crime Lords and Masterminds, to effectively run a crime syndicate among them. It should, if done right, add a whole new layer of synergy for all these units.

Black Mask II aims to further dive into a Crime Lord that works more hands on with the Insane, Penguin is merely trying to get them in the equation.

I'm open to brainstorming something with the Insane aspect if you'd like. Though, the attack part will go well with Black Mask's Torturous Interrogation.
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Maybe something like:

Untamed Insanity

After taking a turn using Crime Syndicate, if an opponent's figure received one or more wounds, you must immediately remove an unrevealed Order Marker from this card and take a turn with an Insane figure you control, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

Not really sure, just throwing it out there to try to get a bit of the liability flavour across while hopefully not being too painful - if it only happens once in a round, you can use your X to shield it, after all.
Also, is Criminal Syndicate meant to allow you to activate squads?

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:30 PM

I'm thinking of eliminating squads. The Hired Guns are usually a potent combo, so I'm not sure if I'll keep them available for this. Not sure yet.

Actually, on second thought, it's instead of taking a turn with Penguin, so they shouldn't be an issue here. I was thinking Black Mask II's power I have laid out that I'm contemplating changing. So squads should be included with Crime Syndicate.
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:05 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The first two powers are fine by me. A bit bread-and-butter but that's fine, and it shows his glory-hog tendencies pretty well.

I still find the idea of Penguin being an OM hub for Insane figures strongly unthematic. In fact, I think the card in general doesn't feel very Penguin-y. I think you could put that same powerset on half of the Mob Boss characters in comics and it would feel equally appropriate.

It's a fine design, but it feels more utilitarian than anything else. As a fan of the faction I like it, as a fan of the Penguin not so much.
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:19 PM

Ok, say we drop the Insane figure power(I can always bring in the Insane synergy through Black Mask II). What would you add to make it more Penguiny? This is the mob boss version of Penguin after all, so that's the direction I'm going. He's giving out orders from behind the scenes, not trying to get his hands dirty.
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:23 PM
Hard as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkham View Post
Ok, say we drop the Insane figure power(I can always bring in the Insane synergy through Black Mask II). What would you add to make it more Penguiny? This is the mob boss version of Penguin after all, so that's the direction I'm going. He's giving out orders from behind the scenes, not trying to get his hands dirty.
That immediately makes the design much less interesting, IMO. He no longer brings the Gotham faction together in the way he does now, and becomes, essentially, just an OM manager with a conditional initiative boost - much less interesting and much less strategic.

- The Stiff Corpse
=====================

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library