Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old July 26th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Leading the Charge requires him to be engaged.
Oh, yep. Yeah, I like that restriction.
Recognizing that, do you still think his attack should be lowered to 3? I could definitely understand it, but his non-movement cheerleader bonuses only come when he's without any other Heroes (Raelin, other Warlords, Fraser, etc.).
Absolutely. While his cheerleader abilities are nearly as good as Marcus's, his 8 Move is fantastic. Look at the premium the OD's put on movement (Templars, Groks, etc). That puts him well above Marcus as a combat unit already. Giving him 4 Attack (usually 5???) is not a good fit.
Old July 26th, 2021, 09:53 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

He seems good, though strangely not with Greeks given his Personality. I'm wondering if his second power should just be all Soldiers attacking/defending adjacent figures so the 10th can really make the most of both his abilities. He's heavy cavalry so you could get away with 7 Move if that's more fair.

And as usual, every attempt to make the EI better is foiled by the Romans
But there's also the Cathar Spearmen to consider.

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old July 26th, 2021, 10:06 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
He seems good, though strangely not with Greeks given his Personality. I'm wondering if his second power should just be all Soldiers attacking/defending adjacent figures so the 10th can really make the most of both his abilities. He's heavy cavalry so you could get away with 7 Move if that's more fair.

And as usual, every attempt to make the EI better is foiled by the Romans
But there's also the Cathar Spearmen to consider.

~TAF
I was trying to force Parmenio’s Discipline power on him so Raelin can’t be as well. I’d be willing to test him as straight Disciplined if that’s preferred. The Romans have a lot of Warlords (aka Heroes preventing Final Stand to activate).

Every attempt to make EI better is foiled by their point value. Even Callister here can only get 2 squads in a 500pt army, definitely not enough to compete with high tier armies.

Cathar don’t love “Charge” powers (be it Callister or Fraser) because they don’t want to be the ones engaging (and prefer if it never officially happens).

I made the Final Stand bonus as is so that non-ranged Soldiers standing next to Callister could be protected against range.
Old July 26th, 2021, 11:16 PM

Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Captain Stupendous is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For me, the possibility of 9 move Romans/10 move Cathar is a bit of a theme break, even if it is unlikely to happen outside of high point-value "event" style games.
Old July 26th, 2021, 11:29 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Stupendous View Post
For me, the possibility of 9 move Romans/10 move Cathar is a bit of a theme break, even if it is unlikely to happen outside of high point-value "event" style games.
This could already happen even before Fraser with MDG (+1), Road (+3), and Valda (+2). Obviously if you added Fraser and Callister you’d be up to a potential 14-move.

Regardless, the Knights, however unlikely, could move up to 21 spaces in a single turn with a 12 symbol dispatch, Valda, and Road bonus. And I’ve seen 5 symbol dispatches.

I’m interested to hear others opinions on the subject tho.

Last edited by Sheep; July 26th, 2021 at 11:32 PM. Reason: And again, Cathar don’t love “Charge” powers
Old August 2nd, 2021, 01:50 PM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I know this rides a fine line with regards to triple-bonding, but I'm trying to find a way to give the Roman Archers some love. Seeking feedback to determine the potential of this design or something similar.

Gaius
Einar

Human
Unique Hero
Warlord
Disciplined

DISPATCH ARCHERS
At the beginning of each round, after placing Order Markers, you may move all Roman Archers you control up to 2 spaces each.

REQUEST VOLLEY
Instead of attacking with Marius, you may reveal an "X" Order Marker that is on Marius' Army Card and take a turn with a squad of Roman Archers. During this turn, the Roman Archers may only use their Arrow Volley Special Attack.

Human Paladin Commander #39, Pathfinder Battles
Old August 2nd, 2021, 05:48 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

The problem here is that you're not improving the Roman Archers, you're improving the Roman Legionnaires, who don't need it. With Marius, you add in a squad of Archers to a Roman army, let them move into position for free, and then take an Arrow Volley shot instead of a bonding turn. Just leave Marius in the starting zone until an Archer goes down.

Though for the overall price, it's probably not good. Archers are too fragile; preventing an Arrow Volley is fairly trivial.
Old August 3rd, 2021, 10:33 AM

AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness AndreThaGiant wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
The problem here is that you're not improving the Roman Archers, you're improving the Roman Legionnaires, who don't need it. With Marius, you add in a squad of Archers to a Roman army, let them move into position for free, and then take an Arrow Volley shot instead of a bonding turn. Just leave Marius in the starting zone until an Archer goes down.

Though for the overall price, it's probably not good. Archers are too fragile; preventing an Arrow Volley is fairly trivial.
Great feedback. Thank you Scy!
Old August 4th, 2021, 11:58 AM

I'm working on a design for some henchmen from Motley Max's era, and I found some great sculpts that I need some feedback on.

As it stands, the squad name is "Jackals of the Wasteland"

MUTANTS
COMMON SQUAD
JACKALS
LOYAL

Being as that Motley's species is a mutant, and mutant is a rather broad term, can I label these guys as mutants as well? If not, what species recommendations do you have for me?

Old August 4th, 2021, 12:02 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Mutant is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old August 5th, 2021, 07:47 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

IMO they look exactly like mutated Lizardfolk, so Mutant should work.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 5th, 2021, 07:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I'm happy with Mutant. That's a clever reuse of it. I don't care much for "Jackals," though. I suspect you can find something already established that's more suitable.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards