Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing
3D Printing A Forum to discuss 3D Printing

Notices

Old July 12th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!
Re: C3V/SoV 3D Printable Proxies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Here's a list of what I think are most of the harder to come by figures. Either unavailable or expensive.

~Kon-Tar-Na
~Quorik Warwich
~The Varja
~Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
~Buccaneers of Tortuga
~Eilan Sidhe
~Garrett Burns
~Microcorp Troopers
~Kira Jax
~Kozil
~Kursus
~Kuthnak
~Otar
~Pel the Hill Giant
~Zombie Hulk
I have a medium resolution model of the Zombie Hulk that I can post. I don't have the other figures.
Old July 12th, 2021, 11:28 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:
Here's a list of what I think are most of the harder to come by figures. Either unavailable or expensive.

~Kon-Tar-Na
~Quorik Warwich
~The Varja
~Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
~Buccaneers of Tortuga
~Eilan Sidhe
~Garrett Burns
~Microcorp Troopers
~Kira Jax
~Kozil
~Kursus
~Kuthnak
~Otar
~Pel the Hill Giant
~Zombie Hulk
I have a medium resolution model of the Zombie Hulk that I can post. I don't have the other figures.
If it's in a printable state then I'd love to have it. It's not like the zombie hulk is a highly detailed mini. I'm sure even medium resolution would work.
Old July 13th, 2021, 10:03 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

My list isn't totally complete as it seems some figures become more scarce by the day or waver between available and unavailable, price varying. So there are figures I'm not aware of that are now unavailable or pricey.. Havech, etc

And some such as the Red Mantis Blade dancers & Acolytes I didn't include since the proxy models are pretty good (Kursus proxy is good too).
Personally I would like to see scans for buccaneers since it is hard to find decent looking pirate models/figures and Kira, Quorik Warwitch and Kon-Tar-Na, priority, for being currently unobtainable with unique models.

If you do make a video on how to clean the scans, I'd also like to contribute where I can in getting that process done.
Old July 13th, 2021, 10:19 AM

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Quote:

~Kon-Tar-Na
~Quorik Warwich
~The Varja
~Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
~Buccaneers of Tortuga
~Eilan Sidhe
~Garrett Burns
~Microcorp Troopers
~Kira Jax
~Kozil
~Kursus
~Kuthnak
~Otar
~Pel the Hill Giant
~Zombie Hulk
If it's in a printable state then I'd love to have it. It's not like the zombie hulk is a highly detailed mini. I'm sure even medium resolution would work.
Here it is:
Zombie Hulk
Old July 15th, 2021, 05:50 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really appreciate everything you are doing [MENTION=9472]White Knight[/MENTION] . You have done a service to the community here on Heroscapers. I wish I knew how to help contribute. I saw that there were jpg images with object files in a folder earlier in this thread with the gorilla troopers and the rest of the paizo heroes (Elaria the Pale, ect) among others that haven't been finished yet. Are the object files something that is printable or do they still need to be cleaned up? I'd love to print those minis if it's already possible.
Old July 15th, 2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I really appreciate everything you are doing @White Knight . You have done a service to the community here on Heroscapers. I wish I knew how to help contribute. I saw that there were jpg images with object files in a folder earlier in this thread with the gorilla troopers and the rest of the paizo heroes (Elaria the Pale, ect) among others that haven't been finished yet. Are the object files something that is printable or do they still need to be cleaned up? I'd love to print those minis if it's already possible.
Those files are older scans. 3DF Zephyr recently upgraded their software and I'm getting better resolution using the same pictures. So over the past few days I've re-run all the pictures I have of C3V figures and created better models.

I will try and post the new models later today, along with a quick explanation of the steps I take to clean them up.
Old July 15th, 2021, 04:17 PM

C3V new models (need cleaning)

Steps for cleaning models:
1) Import .obj model into Blender
2) Rotate model (and base if necessary) into upright position.
3) Scale the model using the model's base as a guide to match with the gridlines (see my measurements below).
4) If there is more than one figure in the model, change to the Z direction. Go to Edit Model. Go to Wireframe view (Z). Select just a single figure. Hit (P) and Selection. This will make it into a separate model. Repeat for other figures.
5) Go to X or Y view
6) For each figure, go into Edit Model mode.
7) Press A to select the entire figure.
8 ) Left click on Knife and use the mouse to select Bisect.
9) Bisect the model at the bottom of the shoes to cut off the base. When the Bisect box comes up (after selecting where to bisect), check Fill and either Clear Inner or Clear Outer, whichever removes the base.
10) At this point, I'll usually go to Move and use the blue up/down arrow to move the bisected area down--making the feet slightly "taller". (Some figures have very thin feet.)
11) Right click on the figure's leg. Select ctrl-L, then ctrl-I, and then X and Vertices to remove any extraneous background or points.
12) Go back to Object Mode.
13) Repeat for all figures.

At this point, the models should be in decent shape. Sometimes I'll go into Edit mode and fix holes and "bridges" between parts that should not be connected. I'll also go to Sculpt Mode and use Fill, Crease, Grab, and (most importantly) Smooth to clean up the model. Smooth really helps to remove pits and spikes.

Then I save each figure as a separate .stl.

Let me know if you need any help/pointers or just need more details.

Figure base sizes
D1-D3 D&D figures: 1.00"
Gorilla Troopers: 1.558"
Heroclix (8th Pathfinder and others): 1.360"
Quahon (outside toe to outside toe wide): 2.1"
Skull demon (Skeletons, Nhih Scrihr, Cathar): 1.190"
Varkaanan Wolves: 1.565"
Agaumo: 1.9"
Zettian Deathwings (across the flats): .987"
Zombie Hulk: 1.9"
Major J15: 2.0
Old July 15th, 2021, 04:32 PM

8th Infantry Pathfinder
Old July 20th, 2021, 07:22 AM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Awesome. Could you create a shared file holding only the Obj's available for figures still needed?
Old July 21st, 2021, 12:11 AM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to use blender even with the instructions. I'm going to see if I can make usable .stl files from the raw ones using other software and if I can't I'll go back to blender.
Old July 21st, 2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Awesome. Could you create a shared file holding only the Obj's available for figures still needed?
The folder I linked should be a shared folder. Right now all .obj's are of figures still needing cleaning. If anyone cleans up a model I can delete that .obj.

Or as I missing something?
Old July 21st, 2021, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to use blender even with the instructions. I'm going to see if I can make usable .stl files from the raw ones using other software and if I can't I'll go back to blender.
Yes, there are a lot of things I took for granted in my procedure. You'll need to do a Blender tutorial to learn your way around. But it will be worth it in the end--I've been using Blender all the time for many things. It's just incredible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions > 3D Printing