Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old September 22nd, 2019, 02:18 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of White Lantern (Hal Jordan) (breathing)

I honestly like it better the way it is in the SP with the addition of the anti-destruction clause.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 02:23 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I like the upping life a lot. It would feel strange to me that White Batteries on paper do less than many of the other batteries. Obviously not fully true across the card, but upping life helps them stand out from how they power up their wielder as compared to other lanterns.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 03:29 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc View Post
I like the upping life a lot. It would feel strange to me that White Batteries on paper do less than many of the other batteries. Obviously not fully true across the card, but upping life helps them stand out from how they power up their wielder as compared to other lanterns.
I still feel this way as well, given a choice.

I do like the idea of transferring markers, though. I think you could include that with the original direction.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 22nd, 2019, 04:31 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Let's stick with what we've got then. I'm not convinced that moving White Battery markers around is worth the trouble & oddities with other future White Lanterns.

I'll update the SP with this when the breathing period is up:
Spoiler Alert!
Old September 22nd, 2019, 04:57 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

I’m just not a big fan of the memory mechanic of having to remember which figures have been “saved.” I can’t honestly think of a design we have that expects that much, and I’m honestly not naturally remembering which specific Civie I kept from dying 4 rounds back.

I also think moving markers to other designs makes sense for this faction particularly. The Brightest Day event was all about the effects that being “saved” had on different people, so the idea of having a way to mark who has been “saved” in-game seems like it could be really useful for future faction development.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 05:25 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

The memory point is good. We should limit to unique heroes to limit that. I don't think it's unreasonable to remember which unique heroes he saved, though.

My problem with moving battery markers on cards is the weirdness. He couldn't affect other White Lanterns, or if he can then it's also functioning as a recharge. Figures like Zatanna could remove battery markers, thus allowing Hal to save them again. I'm also unsure what type of factional synergy to expect here - we just talked about how unlikely it would be to have a cohesive White Lantern faction. The characters are very much standalone. It's difficult to design around a hypothetical future design that no one even has an idea for.

Markers on bases is an idea to eliminate the memory mechanic entirely. I feel like there a discussion recently saying that markers on bases was a bad idea though.
Quote:
BRIGHTEST DAY
When this White Lantern or any figure you control that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead within 6 clear sight spaces of this White Lantern without a white Battery Marker on its base would be destroyed, you may instead remove 1 white Battery Marker from this card and place it on that figure's base, then remove any Wound Markers that figure received this player turn and that figure is not destroyed.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 05:46 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Uniques is still more of a memory mechanic than I personally like. Have we ever had a unit that expects that much from you without some sort of marker?
Old September 22nd, 2019, 06:51 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like restricting it to Uniques to avoid the "recharge" effect (though thematically I really don't mind saving another White Lantern giving them a bit of a recharge). Keeping it to Uniques takes away any mechanical weirdness of moving markers, though, IMO, and moving markers is a great way for tracking the power use.

Zatanna is such a niche exploit that I'm not really worried about it. If that's how you're spending your D20 roll with Zatanna, you're annoying anyway.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old September 22nd, 2019, 07:38 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Zatanna's thing is getting rid of marker effects - she's weird like that. Doesn't seem like a problem to me.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old September 22nd, 2019, 08:17 PM
Archie

Here's a wording attempt.

Quote:
BRIGHTEST DAY
When any Unique Hero you control that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead within 6 clear sight spaces of this White Lantern without a white Battery Marker on its card would be destroyed, you may instead remove 1 white Battery Marker from this card and place it on that figure's card, then remove any Wound Markers that figure received this player turn and that figure is not destroyed. Once per game, when this White Lantern would be destroyed, you may instead remove 1 white Battery Marker from this card, then remove any Wound Markers this White Lantern received this player turn and he is not destroyed.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 08:52 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Will probably need to be looked at more closely later, but looks good for now.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 09:54 PM

Don't like the memory mechanic of recalling how many wounds you received on this Player Turn. He's an Event Hero. Just let him fully heal others with the markers. Not sure as much on him, since he automatically heals a wound whenever he removes a marker, right? Seems like you should have just have him ignore any wounds he would've received to be destroyed.

Some slight tweaks for sentence flow as well:

Quote:
BRIGHTEST DAY
When a Unique Hero you control within 6 clear sight spaces of this White Lantern that is not an Android, Construct, or Undead and does not have a white Battery Marker on its card would be destroyed, you may instead move 1 white Battery Marker from this card to that figure's card, remove any Wound Markers from that figure's card, and that figure is not destroyed. Once per game, when this White Lantern would be destroyed, you may instead remove 1 white Battery Marker from this card, ignore any Wounds he would have received, and he is not destroyed.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library