Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old March 22nd, 2015, 07:23 PM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker
Re: The Book of Skeletons of Annellintia

Been very patient in trying to find these but not having any luck. anyone find any good proxies? Maybe I would just be better off molding the ones I have with green stuff.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 08:44 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

I'd say the skeleton figures from the Reaper Legendary Encounters line are good and affordable proxies for the Skeletons of Annellintia.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:02 PM

Hammerfortress is surprisingly tart

Where would you recommend buying the reaper miniatures? I don't see them in stock.

"I always have a jelly. I'm always the one that says 'let's have a jelly in the mix.'" -Rupert Giles
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:12 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

The Ram box is, unfortunately, very hard to find now. We announce our units far in advance of release partly so that our fans have an opportunity to get them early; sometimes this just happens.

I highly recommend using proxies. It's what I would do, though I haven't looked around for the best proxies for these guys yet.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 12th, 2015 at 02:10 PM. Reason: stupid homonomonym
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:28 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerfortress View Post
Where would you recommend buying the reaper miniatures? I don't see them in stock.
As far as I know, the Reaper stuff is supposed to be an evergreen product, so it may just be a matter of waiting for them to make more.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:31 PM

Not User Name knows what's in an order marker Not User Name knows what's in an order marker

I'd probably just use Zombies as proxies. Yeah it's a different amount of squad figures, but I don't see why they wouldn't work.
Old March 22nd, 2015, 09:32 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

With a little imagination, you can proxy any unit for these guys--like Knights, or Romans!

I mean, how the **** **** *** am I supposed to proxy the Varkanaans with my Classic collection? They're all unique, and large, and... I digress. Try Zombies, or maybe these D&D Curse of Undeath skeletons if you can find them cheap since they come in pairs:

~TAF, useful as always(?)

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old March 23rd, 2015, 09:22 AM

Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker Cyber Controler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
With a little imagination, you can proxy any unit for these guys--like Knights, or Romans!

I mean, how the **** **** *** am I supposed to proxy the Varkanaans with my Classic collection? They're all unique, and large, and... I digress. Try Zombies, or maybe these D&D Curse of Undeath skeletons if you can find them cheap since they come in pairs:

I have looked at those but I decided to try a mix of these http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/...rs-of-the-Dead with These http://www.thewarstore.com/product52996.html will see how they look when they get here
Old March 28th, 2015, 03:23 AM
Search and Rescue Expert

Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xotli is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Controler View Post
I have looked at those but I decided to try a mix of these http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/...rs-of-the-Dead with These http://www.thewarstore.com/product52996.html will see how they look when they get here
Good choices, IMHO, if you're good with the paints. You could probably even match the color scheme of the actuals ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vasel
And I've seen some people on the Internet seem to have a problem with mixing this with the rest of the game, which makes no sense to me, because, I mean, you already are having knights fight robots, how is throwing Spider-Man into the mix that big of a deal?
You should not read this blog.

Why I Left the C3V
Old May 11th, 2015, 11:26 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post

I picked up two of these on eBay, thanks for the tip! Complemented with two "Warrior Wights" from the same seller to make my third SOA squad. They don't look too bad mixed in with their Confrontation brethren:

The Wights aren't all that skeletal, but they're clearly Undead, and if you don't look too hard they work fine as a proxy. (There's also the Lords of Madness Skeleton, which is nearly identical to the Curse of Undeath guys except for the paint job and the weapon).

Anyway, I paid $15 for the four of them, which is higher than I like to pay per mini but a darn sight cheaper than what the official sets are going for these days.
Old November 9th, 2015, 12:17 AM

these are my 6 squads of SoA I have one "official" squad and 5 "custom" squads.
Old November 9th, 2015, 12:28 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Controler View Post

these are my 6 squads of SoA I have one "official" squad and 5 "custom" squads.
Very cool.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs