Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs
C3V and SoV Customs A place for C3V and SoV customs

Old November 20th, 2010, 12:38 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Soldiers of Valhalla-nominations and discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Hey guys, I just received a Zombie Hulk (for dok's custom BTW) and the new D3. The base of the Zombie Hulk is 48mm in diameter, while the D3 large bases are 40 mm even. The Zombie Hulk would not fit, because he is in a walking stance that spans the entire D&D base of 48mm. He will have to go on a peanut base or its equivalent.

Also dok's about right on with Large 6, he's about the same height as the Master of the Hunt.
Based on this image, I have to concur with Shaun. As I said, I tested the figure as a double-hexer and it's not significantly stonger or weaker that way. Paralyzing fear is more effective, but it's less maneuverable and there are occasional "revival denial" issues. I'll also take his word for it on the height of 6.

I made another very slight edit to the language (returned Zombie Hulks now remove all non-order markers, not just wound markers), so this is my final version for SoV consideration:

Thanks in advance to the judges for considering my (and Good Pig's) work.

Last edited by dok; April 27th, 2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Plugged in the highres image
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyScaper View Post
Robbdaman, how big is the stance of Gor'vath?

I'd assumed he would be single hex based but after this about the Zombie Hulk I'm not so confident anymore...
He is a large figure from the older D&D Minis sets so he fits on the smaller bases of that era which are just a tiny bit bigger than the DW9K or are the size of the D3 creatures like Moltenclaw and co. The newer Hezrou may not fit however and would have to go on a peanut.

One of the complaints when WotC moved D&D minis to the larger base was that they kept creeping up the size so that figures that they would have never made on the old ones were now overflowing on the new bases. You'd have to know the game and compare older figures to newer ones but there are some cases where it is pretty ridiculous.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Ok. I'm going to use a proxy for playtesting. So far we were using the Feral Troll. Is that right, or should we be using something else?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:51 PM

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Ok. I'm going to use a proxy for playtesting. So far we were using the Feral Troll. Is that right, or should we be using something else?
Well if it is going to be on a DW9K size base then that'd be the best thing to use, unless you have a D3 figure you can use instead. Ogre Pulverizer or any of the big figures from this new wave. Maybe write Gor'vath on a piece of tape and stick it to the figure's head.

Old November 20th, 2010, 07:30 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
He is a large figure from the older D&D Minis sets so he fits on the smaller bases of that era which are just a tiny bit bigger than the DW9K or are the size of the D3 creatures like Moltenclaw and co. The newer Hezrou may not fit however and would have to go on a peanut.

One of the complaints when WotC moved D&D minis to the larger base was that they kept creeping up the size so that figures that they would have never made on the old ones were now overflowing on the new bases. You'd have to know the game and compare older figures to newer ones but there are some cases where it is pretty ridiculous.
robbdaman, do you know at which release they switched over from the old ~40 millimeter large bases to the new ~48 millimeter large bases?

Sorry to clutter the SoV thread, but I figure this would be of interest to more people than just me.
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
robbdaman, do you know at which release they switched over from the old ~40 millimeter large bases to the new ~48 millimeter large bases?

Sorry to clutter the SoV thread, but I figure this would be of interest to more people than just me.
War of the Dragon Queen was when they changed over. The old bases didn't completely fill the 4 squares that large creatures took up where the new ones did. They supposedly did it to allow for more leeway for the sculptors.

Old November 21st, 2010, 02:10 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

I have some questions about Zombie Rises Again that I need to ask before I vote on the Zombie Hulk (currently leaning towards NO to review based on absolute personal confusion over Zombies Rises Again). Heading over to dok's customs thread...

Nevermind, I figured it out. I'm going to wait to vote until I can assess the ZH a little more fairly (brain...shutting...down...)

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

The Zombie Hulk interests me. I vote Yes to review ZH.

(I'm also following all this other discussion with interest. I appreciate those of you that clarify the bases needed for a unit. That is helpful. Thanks.)
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post

(I'm also following all this other discussion with interest. I appreciate those of you that clarify the bases needed for a unit. That is helpful. Thanks.)
Thanks again to those who are trying to make the nominations as polished as possible.

dok, I'm still not understanding whether the Zombie Hulk is a single or double hex figure. Which is it?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post

Thanks again to those who are trying to make the nominations as polished as possible.

dok, I'm still not understanding whether the Zombie Hulk is a single or double hex figure. Which is it?

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here...
Hey DS, that was what Robb, dok and I were trying to determine...as luck would have it I received my Zombie Hulk figure Friday in the mail. So i was able to determine it probally would not fit on a Deathwalker base and dok agreed with my assessment.

In other words it should be a two-hex figure.

------------------------------------------------

Now for business:

Zombie Hulk - I vote YES to reveiw

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA

Last edited by ZBeeblebrox; November 22nd, 2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Hey Robb,

I have a question about Fetid.

Does Fetid affect Special Attacks...I assume no, because that would be insane IMO...but it does not say that anywhere in the wording of the power?

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:10 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Special Attacks are NEVER modified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs