Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old February 14th, 2016, 11:33 AM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart
Question HeroScape background / lore

Hi,

I'm new to the game, and while I'm still slowly digesting the wealth of information on this site (and will be for some time to come), one thing I really can't wait to start with is reading up on the "official" background/lore of the game. Like who are the factions and their generals, what's their story, why do certain units fight for certain factions, how have the alliances shifted and so on.

But I'm having a hard time finding any detailed info on stuff like wellsprings, the planet (or universe?) called Valhalla, and pretty much anything in-depth. I was actually expecting there to be a series of novels, as the glimpses I do get of the HeroScape universe make me think it could be everything as rich as, for example, the Warhammer or LotR universes.

Am I simply overlooking this information, or is what we read in the rulebook (I only have RotV at the moment) all we get, and we need to make up the rest in our own minds? If I am indeed overlooking it, please point me in the right direction .

Thanks, Zeus
Old February 14th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: HeroScape background / lore

Check out the Theme & Fiction section in the Downloads
Especially Thormun's Journal

Old February 14th, 2016, 01:18 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

There were some cartoon ads also.
Not much official-wise. There is quite a bit of Fan Fiction though.

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:45 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

Here's a cool site that @twilkerson made available a little while back, perhaps you could find some stuff there.
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:52 PM

ZeusEQ is surprisingly tart

Thanks for your quick replies guys! I'll have enough to read for the foreseeable future .
Old February 14th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Let me add to your reading list:
Heroscape Comic Books 1 2 3 4 5

Not a lot of depth, but fun.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion