Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Notices

Old March 4th, 2022, 11:55 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: Painted Miniature counts

Close to 200 a month. Impressive.
Old March 4th, 2022, 05:00 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Close to 200 a month. Impressive.
It’s averaged out to about 6 models a day so far this year. I don’t paint every day though. I got feeling sick again last week so it slowed me down a little more. I’m hoping to pick back up soon.
Old March 4th, 2022, 05:06 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Feel better soon!
Old March 7th, 2022, 08:24 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Decided to change up my painting a bit. It seems I have a nigh never ending amount of Star Wars legion models I keep buying or printing. Mainly the latter because I’ve picked up so many awesome Star Wars legion stls. So I’ve decided to start going back and forth in between squads of Star Wars legion models and my different box sets from my other games. So I’m adding some more models to my count. 6 more kashyyk clones, 2 b1 battle droids, and 9 Vikings from my rum and bones viking crew.
409 models done this year

2540 total.
Old March 18th, 2022, 02:04 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Decided to change up my painting a bit. It seems I have a nigh never ending amount of Star Wars legion models I keep buying or printing. Mainly the latter because I’ve picked up so many awesome Star Wars legion stls. So I’ve decided to start going back and forth in between squads of Star Wars legion models and my different box sets from my other games. So I’m adding some more models to my count. 6 more kashyyk clones, 2 b1 battle droids, and 9 Vikings from my rum and bones viking crew.
409 models done this year

2540 total.
Been a little slower lately but adding 8 more Vikings to my rum and bones viking crew. Also adding 6 501st Arc troopers for Star Wars legion. Squad of 4 plus arc trooper echo and arc trooper fives. Speed painted those last night for a game today.

423 this year

2554 total
Old March 20th, 2022, 04:32 AM
"like" happy

15 more to the total. 14 more 501st phase 2 clones for legion along with the final 501st arc sniper from the set I did a day or so ago. Skipping back and forth between genres or different types of models is keeping it a little more fresh. The trick is to do them by squad or small batch painting with generally 5-10 models at a time.
447 this year
2578 total

Edit: finished another 6 viking bosuns for rum and bones and 3 eweb gunner teams for Star Wars legion.

Last edited by TREX; March 21st, 2022 at 01:57 AM.
Old March 24th, 2022, 03:51 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
15 more to the total. 14 more 501st phase 2 clones for legion along with the final 501st arc sniper from the set I did a day or so ago. Skipping back and forth between genres or different types of models is keeping it a little more fresh. The trick is to do them by squad or small batch painting with generally 5-10 models at a time.
447 this year
2578 total

Edit: finished another 6 viking bosuns for rum and bones and 3 eweb gunner teams for Star Wars legion.
Very excited about finishing up my viking crew today. Adding 12 more models to my count. All the rum and bones models I have left to paint are merc boxes of heroes.
459 this year
2590 total
Old March 24th, 2022, 06:57 AM

Do you have pirate ships?
Old March 24th, 2022, 07:14 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

@chas has thousands upon thousands of 54mm minis. Many of them are painted. I painted a few of them myself.

Old March 24th, 2022, 10:02 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Do you have pirate ships?
The gameboards for rum and bones are the ships that the minis use. I have a few smaller ships I've made. They would be more in the sloop category. There is only one main sail and are fairly low to the ground(the part sticking out of the water) I also have a handful of lifeboats or smaller boarding boats. These were made for use in games like frostgrave ghost archipelago. There's a scenario in one of the frostgrave manuals that uses ships on a frozen river as terrain as well. At one point I wanted to recreate the ships of rum and bones in 3d and make them out of crafted and 3d printed parts. That idea went to the wayside after I started collecting more and more crews. There's a good 16 ships I'd have to make of various sizes and styles. It's not so much that I wouldn't be willing to do it to make the game look better but a matter of storage space. I already have a whole room of terrain.

@Taeblewalker , that's awesome. I made this thread so people could talk about what they are getting into painting wise and get excited about what they are getting into next along with tracking their mini counts they painted to keep up on hobby goals or just get excited about the painting part of mini hobbying. You're totally welcome to join the thread with your mini count. I've got so much unpainted plastic that discussing what I've done on here and tracking it is good motivation for me to keep going. I appreciate anybody wanting to join in so it's not just a Trex painting thread. Thousands of 54mm minis would be a feat just to store, not to mention. Get all painted. I've shared a bunch of pics on some of the discord servers but do want to e eventually do a massive minis photos shoot and put it on here. What games are the 54mm minis for? And are you guys still cracking on with the paint jobs?
Old April 1st, 2022, 03:51 AM
"like" happy

Finished up the biggest of my mercenary boxes for rum and bones second tide tonight. The mercs heroes chest. 10 more pirate heroes to be drafted amongst any crew. Got a chance to get the new viking crew to the table last weekend and it was great fun.
469 this year
2600 total.
Old April 3rd, 2022, 08:02 AM
"like" happy

Quote:
Finished up the biggest of my mercenary boxes for rum and bones second tide tonight. The mercs heroes chest. 10 more pirate heroes to be drafted amongst any crew. Got a chance to get the new viking crew to the table last weekend and it was great fun.
469 this year
2600 total.
Finished up another 2 mercenary hero booster boxes for rum and bones second tide adding 8 more models to my count.
477 this year
2608 total
Got to play another game of rum and bones second tide last night and got to test out a few of the newly painted heroes.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General