Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:22 AM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Small World

Small World doesn't seem to have its own thread yet, so...

What's the scuttlebutt on this one, Heroscapers? I've seen it out in my FLGS as a demo, but I haven't had a chance to try it myself. The art looks terrific, and the designers seem to have come up with a pretty compelling mechanic in the way you switch races for fun and profit.

Anyone tried it? Anyone love it? Hate it?

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; May 23rd, 2009 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Is it cool to hotlink images from BGG...Do they frown on that?
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Small World

Own it....like it a lot.

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks, Hahnarama. Can you...uh...elaborate? What do you like about it? Is it okay with just two players, or does it really take 3+ to shine?

Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM
Huge Fanboy

Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Hahnarama is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheddarLimbo View Post
Thanks, Hahnarama. Can you...uh...elaborate? What do you like about it? Is it okay with just two players, or does it really take 3+ to shine?

It comes with 4 game boards that are number of gamers specific so 2 plays just as competitively as 5.

There is strategy based on your race and power combination, and I really like the eruo-trash feel of buying your way up to better units.

I know everyone loves the Wizards and Amazons but if you really want to win, Bezerker Ratmen RULE!

GAME OVER Moon Pie!
Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:23 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I own it as well but haven't tried it. I read the rules and it looks great.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old May 23rd, 2009, 03:54 PM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker

Very Very Fun light strategy game. Quality components, and a visually stunning board. Very High replayability, becasue the race combonations constantly change...Swamp elves...Merchant skeletons...Hill wizards, Berzerk ghouls, Alchemist Trolls... you name, they're probably in there lol. Rules are super easy to pick up on too. So easy in fact...my wife has stomped me 3 times now... grumble grumble darn forrest amazons... grrr grumble grumble...

A+ game in my book!

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old May 23rd, 2009, 10:11 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Own it, love it. It has about the complexity level of Risk but plays in ~45 min. Very aggressive, in-your-face kind of game - there's no turtling or stuff like that. The race / power combos are fun and the components are superb.
Old May 28th, 2009, 01:55 AM

MechaBeast is surprisingly tart

Two words:
Flying dwarves.

A friend of mine got this and it played easily out of the box. Rules were simple for first timers but the strategies and combos were deep and they will change every game.

Flying dwarves was just one of the awesome combos that were unleashed that day. Not to mention Dragon master rat men, bivouacking giants, and seafaring trolls.

My box is hopefully coming Fri

...and then he used his fight money to buy two of every animal, and then he herded them all onto a boat and then he beat the crap out every single one.

Last edited by MechaBeast; May 28th, 2009 at 01:59 AM. Reason: because I'm awesome
Old May 28th, 2009, 10:59 AM

Junge Roman has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetcurse View Post
I own it as well but haven't tried it. I read the rules and it looks great.
So, when do you want to play?
Old May 28th, 2009, 03:28 PM
"Blame it on me" (was #3...)

Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sweetcurse wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I will set up something VERY soon. Summer strarts in a week and I will only be working mornings.

Sweetcurse is Sujoah...

in the
Perth Keep...
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:50 AM
Beware the Curse

boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker boom knows what's in an order marker

Played it for the first time this weekend and really like it, especially the unknown race/power combos that can show up everygame. Commondo Ratmen followed up with Heroic Amazon's ruled our game, much to my Fortified Giants chagrin. The Diplomatic Ghouls was the funniest combo by far.

A very good game.

Good trades: Oogie Da Bruce, EyeOfSauron, Lilnewbie, rodriguez, Jaz1597(x2), GeneralRolando, SlikkRikk, BIGJIM, Lord Pyre

All new 'scapers, check this out:
http://tinyurl.com/6x3wlu
Old June 4th, 2009, 12:28 PM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I picked this up a last month and have been playing it quite a bit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games