Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Notices

Old May 8th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Last :-(

Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Smithy Winfred wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Book of Conan - Initial PT Phase

As a name for the new climbing power: Experienced Climber, since the name Expert Climbing is already used on Catwoman and Black Cat, etc.
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:44 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
  • If you don't know the character, that is not enough of an excuse from wikipediaing his tail. You will learn that there is nothing supernatural or metahuman about him. He is just a man, with lots of skills and savagery.
I wouldn't mind seeing a higher point value associated with him. He is practically super human.

In the R.E.H. stories he is closer to Heracles. It took almost 100 men to bring him down in battle. One time his boat sank so he just swam in the ocean for a few days until he ran into another one, which he single handedly hijacked. He takes severe injuries in stride, without really slowing down. Once he got crucified and more or less shrugged it off
A little more on this. Conan was originally written in the 30s. He is an older character than Superman or Captain America. He was never specifically stated to have super powers, maybe in part because such a thing didn't exist back then, there weren't any Mutants, Asgardians, Cyborgs, or anything else to compare him to or to explain his powers with. But he is consistently portrayed as being a super-human. He is able to fight off giant gorilla beasts and things that just got through tearing normal men in half. One of the stories said that there was only one man in the whole world who was actually stronger than Conan.

I guess you guys are going for a more comic based version of him. I've never read any of the comics, so I don't know if they de-powered him, or if he ever crossed over with mainstream characters to compare relative strengths, but in the vote thread there were a few panels where it looked like he kicked Captain America's butt.

Going off the novels, Superstrength wouldn't be out of place on his card.
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
  • If you don't know the character, that is not enough of an excuse from wikipediaing his tail. You will learn that there is nothing supernatural or metahuman about him. He is just a man, with lots of skills and savagery.
I wouldn't mind seeing a higher point value associated with him. He is practically super human.

In the R.E.H. stories he is closer to Heracles. It took almost 100 men to bring him down in battle. One time his boat sank so he just swam in the ocean for a few days until he ran into another one, which he single handedly hijacked. He takes severe injuries in stride, without really slowing down. Once he got crucified and more or less shrugged it off
A little more on this. Conan was originally written in the 30s. He is an older character than Superman or Captain America. He was never specifically stated to have super powers, maybe in part because such a thing didn't exist back then, there weren't any Mutants, Asgardians, Cyborgs, or anything else to compare him to or to explain his powers with. But he is consistently portrayed as being a super-human. He is able to fight off giant gorilla beasts and things that just got through tearing normal men in half. One of the stories said that there was only one man in the whole world who was actually stronger than Conan.

I guess you guys are going for a more comic based version of him. I've never read any of the comics, so I don't know if they de-powered him, or if he ever crossed over with mainstream characters to compare relative strengths, but in the vote thread there were a few panels where it looked like he kicked Captain America's butt.

Going off the novels, Superstrength wouldn't be out of place on his card.
Yeah, this is a guy who did school Captain America, so having him fairly strong is probably a good idea. I'm not sure if there's anything you put that would lead me to Super Strength, but he definitely seems to be on Steve's level.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 8th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Which I would only do if he keeps Expert Climbing.
We are at a crossroads. Time to decide YK.
Keep on as is or alter Expert Climbing and possibly raise Life or keep EC and lower move(he would not be able to climb a standard castle wall though).
I'd like to get more heroes to weigh in before seriously considering changing the design. You can hold off on the team tests for now though. I'd also like to see some 'grapple gun' style climbing power options before deciding. I am leaning towards a 5 move/4 move SA/6 life/'grapple gun' climbing power version though.
We passed the design as-is. IF you want to change the design, we will look at those changes but we are happy with how things are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 8th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Keep on as is or alter Expert Climbing and possibly raise Life or keep EC and lower move(he would not be able to climb a standard castle wall though).
I'd like to get more heroes to weigh in before seriously considering changing the design. You can hold off on the team tests for now though. I'd also like to see some 'grapple gun' style climbing power options before deciding. I am leaning towards a 5 move/4 move SA/6 life/'grapple gun' climbing power version though.
We passed the design as-is. IF you want to change the design, we will look at those changes but we are happy with how things are.
I wouldn't be opposed to changing the power, but I'm fine with the way things are now. I don't see Griff's version of the power being very useful though.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 8th, 2014, 10:16 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's all I wanted to know.

T, knock out those team tests and lets keep this thing moving forward. I'm itching to run a public test myself.
Old May 8th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Bah, I still have a couple of cents left. What can I say, Tornado suckered me into this. LOL

I was thinking, and I have two questions for you guys:
  1. In the comics, does Conan traverse as gracefully as Catwoman
  2. In the comics, is Conan superior to traversing than Captain America
If your answer is "no" to both questions, as I believe it should be, then I suggest you revisit the design to make it more true to the source material.

As far as what I suggested earlier for a power, there isn't much to it. We used to have a little C3G courtesy rule about not critiquing things without a suggestion. My suggested power was really just out of respect, and it is a lame power. Were I to suggest something with more meat to it, I'd suggest something that allowed him to move a lot of spaces in elevation, as long as he only moved one space - like a grapple arm from Drake. I'm sure you guys could come up with something awesome for him though. I don't know... I just remember him climbing lots of walls and stuff, but not really flowing through a battlefield like a Jedi or a Metahuman, or whatever. He is swift for sure, but not a nimble acrobat like Catwoman...

Well, much respect to all of you who are working on this character. He is super BA and is a great addition to any game table. Peace.
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I agree with Griff on this - Conan isn't a "leaps and bounds" sort of guy. I'd be in favor of a "vertical climbing" power and a boost to 6 Life if we find it necessary.
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:22 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Just an idea for the discussed power.

VERTICAL CLIMBING
Instead of moving normally, you may move Conan one space up to 12/25 levels higher or lower.
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:28 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Just an idea for the discussed power.

VERTICAL CLIMBING
Instead of moving normally, you may move Conan one space up to 12/25 levels higher or lower.
Sounds like it could work - just needs a power name that actually sounds cool.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I agree with Griff on this - Conan isn't a "leaps and bounds" sort of guy.
He definitely is in the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 9th, 2014, 12:11 AM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I agree with Griff on this - Conan isn't a "leaps and bounds" sort of guy.
He definitely is in the books.
Yeah, he is described as immensely agile and nimble and is able to do things like walk tightropes and scale sheer vertical surfaces.

If he were in DnD his stats would all be 18+ with hundreds of hit points.

http://deltasdnd.blogspot.com/2010/0...-on-conan.html

Here is an article with his stats layed out by Gary Gygax. They have his Dex peaking at 20.

Last edited by Hogg; May 9th, 2014 at 12:16 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library