Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music
Music Not Heroscape-related.

Old December 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Best and worst music videos.

Do concert tapings count as music videos? Because the Raconteurs at Lollapalooza videos are really awesome. Good quality too. It also helps that Jack White is a really good guitarist (with the voice of an alien...) The other guy is no slouch either.
Old December 13th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Always liked this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnRz...e=channel_page

and this one
hhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ERe23kSBM
The ladies holding up the number cards indicate the correct sequence of events.
Old December 13th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker Nwojedi knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I love 80s music but the videos all suck.

Really? have you seen any Peter Gabrial video's? Or Tom Petty's? They are awesome. Least the 80's and some 90's video's told a story and attempted to be creative.

Now all you get is, dudes sticking their faces in the camera, showing gang hand signs. Show some gaudy jewelry....flash to some wads of cash. Chics shaking their big azzes (this part is ok). Go back to the gang signs. Some shots close to the ground looking up at another ugly motherF. Some pimped out car driving slow, or jumping. Flash back to more cash, and ghetto girls. This accounts for about 90% of what's on MTV and VH1 now. No creative outlet. The music is about as creative as the video's now days. It's pathetic.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwojedi View Post
Quote:

Really? have you seen any Peter Gabrial video's? Or Tom Petty's? They are awesome. Least the 80's and some 90's video's told a story and attempted to be creative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Z8pSXCNFI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUod3jGQt0U

no story here, but at 1:40 it freaks my oldest kid something good.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMIgZmmO1c4
Old December 13th, 2008, 03:32 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I was going to post the Godley and Creme "Cry" video because that kids is the beginning of morphing.

A-Ha's "Take On Me" video is revolutionary

Anything by Lou Reed is worth watching.
Old December 13th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I was going to post the Godley and Creme "Cry" video because that kids is the beginning of morphing.

Oh yeah! great video, those sketches had to take some serious time, if they weren't computer generated.

14568 wins, -3 losses.
Old December 13th, 2008, 06:58 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Right off the top of my head, there is one good video from the 90's that is absolutely amazing. At the time, it was the most expensive music video to date, but it was well worth it. I am talking about, of course, Guns N Roses November Rain. I am sure that there are other good ones, but this one should be hard to top, and should be a video that everyone should see at least once in their life, if not one thousand times...
-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:09 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
Quote:

Oh yeah! great video, those sketches had to take some serious time, if they weren't computer generated.
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlad5 View Post
Quote:

I can't say anything right now a days. I was saying that they couldn't be computer generated, thats why I said "if" they were computer generated. sheesh...
anyways a good david Bowie video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30AVh...eature=related

14568 wins, -3 losses.

Last edited by scottishlad5; December 13th, 2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old December 13th, 2008, 07:49 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
Right off the top of my head, there is one good video from the 90's that is absolutely amazing. At the time, it was the most expensive music video to date, but it was well worth it. I am talking about, of course, Guns N Roses November Rain. I am sure that there are other good ones, but this one should be hard to top, and should be a video that everyone should see at least once in their life, if not one thousand times...
-scorp

November rain is a 90's video and song. Doesn't count. Most expensive 80's video was Micheal Jackson's thriller.

Old December 13th, 2008, 07:53 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiusx View Post
-scorp

November rain is a 90's video and song. Doesn't count. Most expensive 80's video was Micheal Jackson's thriller.
Umm...I believe that I put the 90's. Here, I bolded it for emphasis. And it was still the most expensive of its time.

However, Thriller is another good video, and thank you for both bringing it up and for giving me that neat little fast fact of expense.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old December 14th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Spider Poison's Nemesis

I was not aware November rain costing so much. Why did it cost so much? I don't remeber it being that graphically enchanced? I'll watch it again and see.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Music