Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 14th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Medusa (Public Playtesting)

Results from Toy
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyhandle
NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Medusa
Version tested:

Spoiler Alert!

Map: Sacred Shrine
Units:
Iron Man (Avengers), Dr. Strange (Avengers), Black Panther (Avengers) and Medusa 1100pts
Nightwing (200), Starfire (210), Raven (190), Superboy (240), Ravager (Rose) (210), Beast Boy (Pterodactyl) (40) Hellfire Fireball x1, Lightning Bolt x1 (1100)

Results:
Hypnotic Call used: Once, successfully
Poison Strike: 1 LEA that did not hit
Petrifying Stare: Skull Subtractions: 0 
Stoned: 1
Not Stoned: 2

Round 3 Medusa got in the thick of things and immediately got beaten within an inch of her life from a Titans Go turn, failing the first two of 3 Petrifying Stares. In Hypnotic Call’s iteration for this game, the Titans were able stand still and prevent it from triggering. Flanking Strike bypassed the Petrifying Stare to finish her off. Ultimately, she didn’t have anything to do on her turns, and it was too easy to get around her disruption abilities on the opponent’s turn.

Sadly, Dr. Strange was never able to force a LEA from her with Dimensional Shift, so that power never got to trigger.

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Version Tested:
Spoiler Alert!

Map: Country Road
Units:
Gorilla Grodd (IJ) (285), Poison Ivy (I) (165), Animated Vines (55), Harley Quinn (Classic) (130), Plunder (165), Medusa (300) (1100)
Songbird (180), Atlas (270), Techno (150), Jolt (80), Meteorite (210), Citizen V (190), Skrull Infiltrator x2 (1100)

Results:
Hypnotic Call: Misses: 2 Hits: 3
Poison Strike: Never used
Petrifying Stare: Skull Subtractions: 3 
Stoned: 2 
Not Stoned: 4

This version of Hypnotic call has a great whirlpool effect.
Medusa took the Thunderbolt’s end of the bridge at the start of round 2, locking down Atlas and denying the rest of the Thunderbolts access to the bridge. Harley buttered up the Thunderbolts with a well placed Smilex bomb, and she, Ivy and her plants took care of the rest. Skinderella was forced to make the tough decision between subtracting skulls or risk getting stoned, and was more daring than I would have been.
Of the 6 Petrifying Stare Rolls, Skinderella successfully avoided the stare 4 times.

Going off of memory, but I’m fairly sure Meteorite turning to stone in R2T3 turned off her Blinding Light, which allowed Harley Clear sight on Ivy to get the bonded turn.

Really exciting ending, with Ivy seducing the only remaining Thunderbolt, Atlas.

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Map: Mogo
Units:
Star-Lord, Rocket (II), Groot (Baby), Drax (II), Medusa (1200)
White Lantern (Kyle), Blue Lantern (Bro’Dee), Yellow Lantern (Sinestro), Golmulus (1200)

Results:
Hypnotic Call: Misses: 1 Hits: 4
Poison Strike: Never used
Petrifying Stare: Skull Subtractions: 4
Stoned: 0
Not Stoned: 1

Hypnotic Call almost always landed, but I had enough figures in my bonding army that I was able to manage their turns, such that they could not be called at their own peril and risk LEAs. Was a King of the Hill battle, with combat all focused on the hill Medusa and Sinestro were standing on.
If White Lantern could be moved on his bonded turn, Hypnotic Call would have actually helped him. He could have been drawn close enough to potentially save Sinestro with Sustained Lifepower, or pulled into range to attack Star Lord earlier.
I was certain the Guardians would win, but the dice rolling match from R6T2-R8T2 favored Kyle in the end, hanging onto his last life.

Twice when I subtracted a skull for Petrifying Stare were rolls where all I ended up only rolling 1 skull. Once I rolled 3 skulls, which was blocked, and another time I inflicted two wounds. 
The one time I chose to risk getting stoned, I did not, and destroyed Medusa.

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY:
The change made to Hypnotic Call added an extra bit of drama to each of her nearby opponent’s figure’s turns. It never forced a LEA, but the potential was there.
Avengers Wasp, She-Hulk and Hawkeye are always a solid team, and adding Medusa to them could be very effective for that strategy. Keep Medusa at a distance, directly opposite from opponent figures engaged with She-Hulk, forcing them to continuously disengage She-Hulk.
She seems to work best when paired with an greater threat to the enemy, keeping the attention off of her.
Medusa was never really an active fighter in any army, despite her solid stats that are average for her point cost. And her powers are only activated on opponent’s turns for the most part. And Poison Strike never saw any action.

At 300pts, there isn’t enough there to sell her as a draft, compared to her competition. For example, the Guardians would have done much better with Gamora for the same points. Grodd and Harley could have gotten Joker as another Insane Antagonist that can soak up attacks and lend IJ markers for 245 (and Crazy Quilt), or Captain Cold and another Rogue for extra turns with Plunder.

To make her truly worth the draft, I think she should play more into her ability to mess up an opponent’s plans on their turn. It’s easy enough to get around Petrifying Stare, but it would be much harder to deal with if it also protected friendly figures adjacent to her, playing into the theme that it’s dangerous to risk looking in her direction. Maybe make the roll harder to hit when targeting figures adjacent to Medusa, since it’s less risky.
It would also function similarly to the Kyrie and their Auras in Classic, which the mini resembles.

With that change, I see her being a staple, and I would love to test her that way.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT:
I love the theme. I want to see a little more from this design, but it has a lot of interesting things going on.
Old March 14th, 2022, 12:22 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Thoughts from Skinderella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinderella
No worries! I'm having a lot of fun testing with toyhandle, it's nice to play scape with others!

Here's my feedback on Medusa:

Quote:
Test 1 thoughts:
Medusa wasn’t very potent this game. Her effects didn’t activate too much and she fell pretty quickly to some luck rolls on my part. That said, she was crucial in keeping Black Panther alive. There was one turn where her call affected Starfire, which prevented Starfire from flying away to get a quad attack from height onto Black Panther.

A bit hard to judge her this game since the dice were so in my favour. She feels like she could be a very disruptive figure, and I’m glad her rolls are done by the opponent rather than herself, as getting some D20 boosts on her could be really nasty.

I do wish her Petrifying Stare could work to protect adjacent friendlies as well. Once figures get into range of her allies she doesn’t do a whole lot for 300, as the opponent’s figures can slowly move their way towards her whilst still firing away at range. I can see why this might not be wanted though, since the pod potential could become much stronger. She’s also incredibly effective against melee figures. I probably shouldn’t have played Titans here in hindsight since Ravager bypassed her Stare ability for some easy wounds.

Test 2 thoughts (Petrifying Stare changed slightly):
Medusa held up a lot better this game. Her dash into my team was a brave move that paid off. Often enough my team was forced to stay near her, and there was several attacks that resulted in my figures being frozen. As she locked down my figures, it allowed for Ivy, Harley, and the vines to creep up, and between Plant Animation and the Smilex Bomb, the game got decided pretty quickly as the duo tore threw my army. This forced movement also forced my to drastically change plans. There was one moment where, had it not been for Medusa, Meteorite would have escaped and gotten height on Poison Ivy, which could of ended her plans quickly.

I’m really enjoying the risks of her abilities. A fun part of her petrification is that, for some figures, the risk is not that bad. The extra defense dice can be beneficial for some figures. Not the best examples, but someone like Punisher (I), or Wolverine (I) don’t mind having their powers disabled outside of their turns.

Test 3 thoughts:
Whilst Medusa did not take many turns, she continued to be a strong passive piece, controlling the space around her. She allowed my team to advance with a bit of ease, and set up a zone that made it very difficult for the lanterns to push beyond to get to Star-Lord. She was pretty good at tying down Sinestro, practically forcing him to stay due to Venomous Bites and toyhandle not wanting to lose that high ground. Between her and Drax, Sinestro quickly fell, and was probably the best piece to get rid of Star-Lord.

She’s really fun in this build. In a flatter map she can really help Rocket’s bomb set up and Drax engaging. Star-Lord can also help move her once she’s in the fight, and could allow for some nasty set ups with A Coward’s Reward users (or powers similar).

Overall thoughts:
After three games I’m 50/50 on Petrifying Stare working for adjacent allies too, as she can quite often be ignored with two powers seeing little use. Turning it into a small aura makes some sense, since the enemy would still see Medusa most of the time (could make it so they need clear sight on both), but it could make for some nasty pod potential, especially with someone like Superman (I), or someone with a ranged counter attack. It’s a fun power due to it’s options it gives though.

Venomous Bites is a power that’s more the threat of it working than anything, I can not see a reason to try and escape her unless it’s a key moment where you’d lose otherwise. Hypnotic Call is a very dynamic power and the main power for sure. Controlling such a wide area is really threatening, and being able to potentially pull someone off of high ground, or prevent a retreat or setup, can be huge.

She’s very reminiscent of classic’s kyries, which I think are one of most fun aspects of classic. She’s really intimidating and disruptive if left alone, but also isn’t much of a threat against anyone with range. I see a lot of similarities to Wonder Woman (I), with similar powers (forced move, lea focus, defensive power, flying, and similar stats), but I think she might be just slightly weaker than her. WW is a very aggressive character, whilst Medusa is a lot more passive, but I also think it’s harder to see her worth because of this. I can see her being fine at 300, but also wouldn’t be surprised at some tweaks.
Old March 14th, 2022, 12:24 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Looks like they are both recommending an adjacent aura for her gaze. What are your thoughts there Bats as the other tester?

I'm hesitant since that could be a big boon for figures like Blob.

Does seem like she is coming in a little under for them too so maybe bumping her back up to 7 life and leaving her as is would be best?
Old March 14th, 2022, 01:19 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I feel like Antagonists have a fair number of defensive pod type pieces right now with Giganta and Clayface, so I'd be reluctant to let her do too much more in terms of being a passive defensive figure. I feel like that part is solid right now, I just wish she did more on offense, whether that's changing out her Venomous power for something more offensive, or just boosting her attack to 7. She draws a ton of fire, so I'd like for her to be able to be more effective offensively before she goes down.

Though adding one more life could be a way to do that too, because it gives her more survivability for the tanking role.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old March 14th, 2022, 01:55 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Medusa (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karat View Post
PETRIFYING STARE 12
Before an opponent's figure without the Blind Warrior special power within 5 clear sight spaces of attacks Medusa attacks her with a normal attack, that opponent may roll the 20-sided die. If they do not, they must subtract a skull from whatever is rolled. If they roll 12 or lower, the attacking figure's turn immediately ends and until the next time that opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker, the attacking figure cannot move, attack, or use any special powers on its Army Card and adds 1 die to its defense.

FLYING
The italicized phrase doesn't make sense to me.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 14th, 2022, 02:23 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Re: The Book of Medusa (Design Phase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:
PETRIFYING STARE 12
Before an opponent's figure without the Blind Warrior special power within 5 clear sight spaces of attacks Medusa attacks her with a normal attack, that opponent may roll the 20-sided die. If they do not, they must subtract a skull from whatever is rolled. If they roll 12 or lower, the attacking figure's turn immediately ends and until the next time that opponent reveals a numbered Order Marker, the attacking figure cannot move, attack, or use any special powers on its Army Card and adds 1 die to its defense.

FLYING
The italicized phrase doesn't make sense to me.
Basically it's two fold. Is a figure within 5 clear sight spaces attacking her normally? If so, does that figure have the Blind Warrior special power? If they do, they are unaffected.
Old March 14th, 2022, 02:24 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I feel like Antagonists have a fair number of defensive pod type pieces right now with Giganta and Clayface, so I'd be reluctant to let her do too much more in terms of being a passive defensive figure. I feel like that part is solid right now, I just wish she did more on offense, whether that's changing out her Venomous power for something more offensive, or just boosting her attack to 7. She draws a ton of fire, so I'd like for her to be able to be more effective offensively before she goes down.

Though adding one more life could be a way to do that too, because it gives her more survivability for the tanking role.
I'll try it both ways and see which feels better overall. I agree on the defense/disruption bit.
Old March 14th, 2022, 03:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Before an opponent's figure without the Blind Warrior special power within 5 clear sight spaces of attacks Medusa attacks her with a normal attack

I think the red probably needs deleting there.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old March 14th, 2022, 03:12 PM
Now moves with Flying.

For sure.
Old March 14th, 2022, 05:07 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Bats caught my meaning.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old March 14th, 2022, 05:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Well don't be so subtle next time
Old March 14th, 2022, 06:11 PM
C3G's First Fan

Quote:
Well don't be so subtle next time
Sorry, I thought when I quoted it, you'd read it out loud to yourself. That's how I found out it didn't make sense, LOL

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library