Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old April 4th, 2017, 08:02 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth
Re: UPDATE: TREX's MODS 4-4-17 R&B Paint jobs for Heroscape

Those squid helmet guys look fantastic, makes me want to paint my own up now. The miniwax seems to save you several steps when painting skin tones. Looks like you just painted the one skin color and then washed it with pretty good results. Nice idea when dong so many of the same mini.
Old April 4th, 2017, 09:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Thanks @orgsbane and @Yodaking the squiddieheads didnt have a legit art scheme on the box so i winged them. The bosuns color scheme is the same as the one on the box. For the figures that have legit art i plan on copying the color scheme. For those that dont im just going to do what feels right. How do you guys like the plank work i did on the bases?

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old April 5th, 2017, 11:37 AM
Will Paint For naGrub...

orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla orgsbane is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREX View Post
Thanks @orgsbane and @Yodaking the squiddieheads didnt have a legit art scheme on the box so i winged them. The bosuns color scheme is the same as the one on the box. For the figures that have legit art i plan on copying the color scheme. For those that dont im just going to do what feels right. How do you guys like the plank work i did on the bases?
It looks really good! Are they inserts, or homemade? I've been considering doing the Shadows of Brimstone heros with some plank bases, so I'm kinda curious
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:20 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

The planking on the bases is a really nice touch.
Old April 5th, 2017, 01:41 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@orgsbane , They are the stock bases with them painted on. I sprayed them black and used a drybrush technique with a couple of brown acrylics and drew on the lines with a paintbrush. I'm going to have to get better pics of the Bosuns. The light in my shop must have been bad, or my phone was out of focus or something. Those guys look just as good as the squiddie head deckhands. I am almost finished with 16 more models of the other 2 sculpts of the rest of the Wellsport brotherhood crew. I plan on using my Army Painters quickshade on the hero models and the minwax on the crew. I'm also going to start painting all my other minis for other games as well. Zombicide zombies are getting the minwax as well.

Old October 11th, 2017, 04:02 PM

bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness bmon wears ripped pants of awesomeness

@TREX - On page 2 of this thread were some repaints of Tarn Vikings as Dreadgul Raiders. I'd like to do the same thing and have been poking around trying to find some examples. Any chance to get those images back up? You know... Photobucket...
Old October 11th, 2017, 06:14 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I wouldn't mind seeing the tagawa archers proxies myself...I have the same issue of only having one squad.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old October 11th, 2017, 10:39 PM
"like" happy

Yeah. Ive been pretty busy lately but I have both of the proxies for the dreadguls and the tagawas. Ill see about getting some more pics up by this weekend.

Old March 24th, 2018, 05:52 PM
"like" happy

I bought a oversized D20 at my local game store a week or so back. Naturally I had to have some scape dice that were the same size. I went to Hobby lobby and found a 4 pack of oversized block looking dice. Spraypainted them black. Used the technique I had used before when refacing Heroscape Dice with vinyl. Used a couple of quick passes with some gloss clear coat and they are done.
I present my Big Scape Dice:

I built a big tower to roll them as well. Its called Big Utgar.

Old April 5th, 2018, 09:38 AM

Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby! Xael Raymand rolls all skulls baby!
Re: TREX's MODS: Giant Custom Heroscape Dice 3-24-18

That’s some impressive work
Old April 5th, 2018, 10:55 AM
"like" happy

Re: TREX's MODS: Giant Custom Heroscape Dice 3-24-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xael Raymand View Post
That’s some impressive work
Thanks. It was quite fun putting them together.

Old May 27th, 2018, 06:54 PM
"like" happy

TREX's MODS: New SW Paintjobs 5-27-18

I have got around to painting my Imperial Assault minis again but this time I'm a bit better at painting and actually stripped a ton of my minis that didn't turn out well....nearly good enough. Here is a batch of Storm Troopers and such that I just finished.

A ton of other figures have been getting painted at my place lately. Hope you guys enjoy.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions