Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old January 5th, 2019, 07:46 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Valiant Universe Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Harbinger's Will feels a little strong to me - it's kind of a hard shut-down against armies that lean on figure control. Maybe not too concerning on an Event Hero, though.

The theme on Imperium doesn't come through really strongly for me - any chance you could fill me in on what this guy's MO is?
I thought about making Harbinger's Will just a general die roll reduction thing. I could also see the die roll reduction part dropped and see him just providing what is essentially mental shield to his allies.

Toyo Harada is a billionaire industrialist and CEO of Harada Global Conglomerates. He uses his organization to essentially "better the world" and achieve his vision of the future. Harada is a WW2 survivor, to the point that because of his abilities he survived the atomic bombs being dropped, so that history fuels his vision of "peace." He uses the Harbinger foundation that he founded to secretly manipulate and control the world. Until, of course, Peter Stanchek comes along. After multiple conflicts with Peter, Harada's true psiot nature and his shady operations are outed to the world.

This leads into the sequel series, Imperium. Imperium is the team of creatures, entities, and psiots, Harada assembles as his elite strike force. They're a bit of a hodge-podge team, but Harada uses them and often goes with them on missions to enact his global view by force.

Harada himself is extremely powerful. He is the top Psiot in the world. It took the entire Unity team (Valiant's Avengers essentially) to stop him (not beat him, but stop him). He went toe-to-toe with Divinity (the modern Solar equivalent for anyone who knows the Gold Key trio, for those who don't he can basically do whatever he wants, manipulating matter and reality on a whim) and survived the encounter.
Old January 6th, 2019, 01:33 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Harada is a big character with a big powerset, so he's bound to have a big card - and I think, like Peter, he's a really easy mod and a great choice to start building up the Valiant universe. Here's my thoughts.

- I like Harbinger's Will, and while I agree with Ronin that it's strong, I think it's splashy in an appropriate way. I think putting an OM requirement on it would be smart though, which gives you a way to "shut him down" even if it's a challenge to do so.

- Destruction is brutal. Feels very Harada to just straight up punish one person, even if (like Peter) I do feel like mass damage is also in his wheelhouse. I think the main role for him should be sitting back and waiting to play cleanup (like he does in the original Harbinger Wars) or going head-to-head with a big guy, and in either case, this works better.

- I like the idea behind Redirection but the mechanics don't quite work for me here. Seems too finnicky. I'd rather something like a Counter Strike that you can change the target of.

- And last but not least, Imperium. I haven't read Imperium yet (still need to finish off Harbinger), but I know the basic premise, and while it's tempting to give him cart blanche to recruit a team of oddballs, that doesn't really seem his style in C3G terms. I would essentially just trim this one a bit. Go down to one (or maybe two?) recruits, choose one of the two boosts, lose the markers.
Old January 6th, 2019, 08:24 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Harada is a big character with a big powerset, so he's bound to have a big card - and I think, like Peter, he's a really easy mod and a great choice to start building up the Valiant universe. Here's my thoughts.
So easy, I already have a repaint done for him.

Quote:
- I like Harbinger's Will, and while I agree with Ronin that it's strong, I think it's splashy in an appropriate way. I think putting an OM requirement on it would be smart though, which gives you a way to "shut him down" even if it's a challenge to do so.
As in like a "if there is at least one order marker on this card" kinda thing? I don't know that I would really want it to be a revealed marker, as it would go against his puppet mastery feel, I think.

Quote:
- Destruction is brutal. Feels very Harada to just straight up punish one person, even if (like Peter) I do feel like mass damage is also in his wheelhouse. I think the main role for him should be sitting back and waiting to play cleanup (like he does in the original Harbinger Wars) or going head-to-head with a big guy, and in either case, this works better.
Yeah. I couldn't really think of something that felt thematic to Harada for widespread damage. I feel like when he does do that, its in more of an "annoyances in my way" sort of thing, rather than him actually going toe-to-toe with a lot of high powered foes.

Quote:
- I like the idea behind Redirection but the mechanics don't quite work for me here. Seems too finnicky. I'd rather something like a Counter Strike that you can change the target of.
I could see that. I made it like this to parallel Pete's ability. If I did this route I very well might opt to up his defense by at least 1 I think.

Quote:
- And last but not least, Imperium. I haven't read Imperium yet (still need to finish off Harbinger), but I know the basic premise, and while it's tempting to give him cart blanche to recruit a team of oddballs, that doesn't really seem his style in C3G terms. I would essentially just trim this one a bit. Go down to one (or maybe two?) recruits, choose one of the two boosts, lose the markers.
I wanted something here that helps capture the feel of him having the Harbinger Foundation and then his Imperium, and the Imperium felt a bit more apt. This is definitely one where I think the thematic idea behind it is really important, but I'm not at all married to this interpretation.
Old February 5th, 2019, 07:35 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

[REDACTED]

-----

So here's Manowar at last... and I have no idea if this is a good idea or not. To me, the interesting thing about Aric is that he's a barbarian prince in the greatest technology in the universe - like a caveman piloting a spaceship. So there's this interesting intersection of a cerebral supercomputer and a guy who's hit-first-think-never.

The first power is essentially just the armor. Underneath it all he's a human - the armor is doing the hard work. But it can wear down, run out of juice. Mostly by doing thing it doesn't need to do...

Like, in Sheer Force, going HAM on a dude until he breaks through. Aric is not a man who deals well with failure, and will slam his head against it until he breaks through or breaks his head. I sort of picture it going into "overload" mode.

Righteous Defense is a nod to Aric's more indignant side. He hates seeing his allies hurt, or innocents put in harms way, and so on. He'll shoot back, even if it's not strategically viable and overclocks the armor a bit.

...problem with this draft? I don't really remember anything like this specifically happening. Like, this FEELS right to me, but it's been so long since I read the 2012 series that I honestly can't remember... and in his 2016 series he hasn't really run up against any challenges that push his armor to the limit. It's either on or off, binary-like.

So I may need to scrap it entirely. But I figured I'd throw it out either way!

Last edited by johnny139; August 13th, 2019 at 10:08 PM.
Old February 5th, 2019, 07:43 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Spoiler Alert!
I think this is a fantastic initial direction. I think it fits both runs in the Modern era really well. Righteous Defense I think really brings in both his personality and a little bit of the leadership flair from the Prince role in a great way.

I'd be concerned that the initial armor power would technically risk depowering when he uses flying right now. That seems off. I think 8 might be low, especially given how easy he could be to start with 8. Maybe clarifying it to where it only applies to a follow-up attack made with Sheer Force?

Either way, I think this is a cool and exciting direction for him. I'm sure with some combination of Iron Man-like figures we can find something that would make a good mod/repaint for Aric.
Old February 5th, 2019, 08:01 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I really like this base direction although there's a little too much going on for my personal taste. I'd imagine he might be a bit too good at taking out high defense/low life figures, especially Green Lanterns.
Old February 6th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Book Wyrm

Here's thoughts on two more Renegade's to join Pete:

Faith
Spoiler Alert!

Faith is a young woman that sought out activation of her psiot abilities due to her love of superheroes and geek culture. She is extremely optimistic and makes fast connections with team mates. Her primary power is flight but it comes with a companion field, where she is able to essentially share her flight with others to carry them, sometimes by force.

Charlene
Spoiler Alert!

Charlene is a young woman who was making a living as an exotic dancer before activation. She is very uninhibited and flirtatious. She has pyrokinetic powers.
Old February 6th, 2019, 11:16 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I really like Charlene. Very cool power set.
Old February 7th, 2019, 08:57 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

For Manowar - good call on Flying, that completely slipped mind. Numbers definitely need tweaking. And I forgot to add that secondary attacks on Sheer Force have to be against the same unit - no attacking Superman, getting bored, and switching to a Beat Cop.

I agree he's a little complicated (each power has two effects, really). I think Righteous Defense is the only clunky one, though. It's good on theme but could be streamlined for sure.

For the other Renegades - love Faith's powerset, and like that it gives you a reason to run with her as a solo hero and not just a taxi. Ruthless Seduction is a smart reuse for Flamingo.
Old February 7th, 2019, 08:17 PM
Book Wyrm

Maybe the basic defense boost from Righteous Defense would be better placed in the X-O Manowar Class Armor power? That way you avoid potentially depowering the armor based off it actually defending you? It seems like the intent is that using the defense boost from it can drain the armor, which makes sense, but it does make the last power read a bit clunky.
Old February 7th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Book Wyrm

I've gone hunting for potential repaints. I've come across a few ideas (one shared a while back by japes), some of which I haven't posted ideas for yet. Spoilers within the spoilers have an image of the character, for reference.

Harada
Spoiler Alert!

Charlene
Spoiler Alert!

Armstrong
Spoiler Alert!

Ninjak
Spoiler Alert!

Bloodshot/Rai
Spoiler Alert!

Torque
Spoiler Alert!

Cronus
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 18th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Book Wyrm

Here are some results of a Valiant repaintapalooza:

First up we have Cronus:

Next, Ninjak:

Charlene:

Bloodshot:

XO Manowar

Now, these are obviously kinda quick and dirty repaints, but I think this should instill some hope in expanding Valiant sometime.

@johnny139

What do you think of this XO?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project