Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old August 7th, 2019, 01:23 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death! Lord Pyre is hot lava death!
Re: Valiant Universe Workshop

If you guys haven't seen this, here's a few Valiant mods.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=193340
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

NAME = TOYO HARADA

SPECIES = PSIOT
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = VISIONARY
PERSONALITY = RUTHLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 9
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 500

THE MASTER

After revealing an Order Marker on this card, instead of taking a turn with Harada, you may take a turn with any Unique Hero you control, or any two Unique Heroes if one is a Loyal Psiot. Once per player turn, after taking a turn with a Hero with this special power, you may place two Wound Markers on its card and take one additional turn with that Hero. You may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

MENTAL DOMINATION 13
Instead of attacking with Harada, you may choose an opponent's Unique Hero within 3 spaces. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 13 or higher, that opponent may place a Wound Marker on that Hero's card. If they do, you may roll again for Mental Domination. If they do not, take temporary control of that Hero and immediately take a turn with that Hero. At the end of that turn, control of the chosen Hero returns to the player who controlled the Hero before Mental Domination. All Order Markers that were on the that Hero's card will stay on the card.

ABSOLUTE COUNTER
When rolling defense dice against a normal attack, all excess shields count as unblockable hits on the attacking figure.

SUPER STRENGTH
FLYING

-----

I intentionally didn't look at your old write-up @LordVenoc when I threw this one together earlier today. Looking it over now, I think it leans too heavily on the "taking control" thing, which is definitely Harada's gimmick, and I like the mechanic... the idea of sort of "tormenting" someone into submission... but I'm not sure if it's worth all the card space.
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hmmm. Definitely an interesting take. I think the main difference is that I think I leaned a bit more Imperium with my take, whereas yours is obviously more regular Harbinger run. With the end of Dysart's stuff coming up, I'm thinking maybe that might inspire a good way to blend it all into one solid general take.

More specifically though...

My main issue with The Master is the Loyal Psiot specifier. I feel like you'd have Livewire in mind, but I don't know that I'd lean that way for her personality, as she doesn't really feel that way for most of her protagonist appearances. Conceptually I like Domination, but I don't know if it is the best way to take it for him. While the Perfect Day arc lends it self somewhat to this idea, in general he's such a powerhouse Psiot that he doesn't exactly have to try hard to dominate someone.

Absolute Counter works for me. I think I tried hard to make my somewhat version of it mirror Peter, but this is simpler and more effective.

EDIT: Stats wise, you actually went higher than me, on Life and Move. Others, we were across the board aligned.
Old August 14th, 2019, 05:30 AM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

Can't speak for theme, but he looks awesome.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Loyal Psiot in theory is a tag for any of the Foundation Psiots. But I see your point in that Livewire is probably the only one we'd ever get to, realistically. It's mostly to box out the Renegades, though. Maybe just "Psiot that is not Rebellious" for that?

And yeah, I really like the idea of giving your opponent the choice for Mental Domination, a lot like Shakedown, because that's absolutely Harada's MO - a choice that's not really a choice at all. But I'm not sure that's the right way to implement it.

Finally looking over your draft - I'm probably reading through Imperium over the next few days so I can't speak to theme on that yet. I like the idea of Harada having two "tag-alongs" because that's very iconic for him, but the fact they can't both be Psiots seems to box out most of those iconic moments.

Really like Harbinger's Will as a catch-all "psychic master" type power. Telekinetic Destruction hits somewhat similar notes to Mental Domination in my draft... and while I like the mirroring with his defensive power I think a Counter Strike derivative is a lot neater on an already busy card.
Old August 14th, 2019, 08:32 AM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness LordVenoc wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Loyal Psiot in theory is a tag for any of the Foundation Psiots. But I see your point in that Livewire is probably the only one we'd ever get to, realistically. It's mostly to box out the Renegades, though. Maybe just "Psiot that is not Rebellious" for that?
Yeah, I definitely get and kinda like that. Not rebellious works, as that CAN work for all the renegades pretty well. (Don't know that that's how their write ups currently look though). Still need to finalize my Torque approach sometime.

Quote:
And yeah, I really like the idea of giving your opponent the choice for Mental Domination, a lot like Shakedown, because that's absolutely Harada's MO - a choice that's not really a choice at all. But I'm not sure that's the right way to implement it.
Yeah, the "kneel or die" kind of approach thematically works well, even across Imperium when he's more open with his affairs.

Quote:
Finally looking over your draft - I'm probably reading through Imperium over the next few days so I can't speak to theme on that yet. I like the idea of Harada having two "tag-alongs" because that's very iconic for him, but the fact they can't both be Psiots seems to box out most of those iconic moments.
Yeah, the Imperium team is a lot like Star-Lord's kind of thing. Its a Vine alien, a weird extra-dimensional entity, a human (former HARD Corps), and a foundation Psiot. I could see tweaking it to where he can have as many psiots, but all others can't share species, kind of blending the ideas of the arcs (and hopefully still fitting the LnD of Toyo arc as well).

Quote:
Really like Harbinger's Will as a catch-all "psychic master" type power. Telekinetic Destruction hits somewhat similar notes to Mental Domination in my draft... and while I like the mirroring with his defensive power I think a Counter Strike derivative is a lot neater on an already busy card.
Yeah, your counter is definitely better. Telekinetic Destruction really riffs off some of those awesome moments where he's basically atomizing things with his mind. Harbinger's Will is definitely the thing I'm most married to about the design. Well, that and his Event Hero Status.
Old August 14th, 2019, 02:58 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

So you can get three turns per OM?
Wolverine is going to love that, take two wounds for another turn with two additional attacks and then heal.
Not sure if anyone but The Master from Dr. Who can have a The Master power, unless you make them the same power.
Old August 14th, 2019, 04:22 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness MrNobody wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Eh, obviously I want to be selfish and keep that name to myself, but first come first serve.
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:57 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
So you can get three turns per OM?
Wolverine is going to love that, take two wounds for another turn with two additional attacks and then heal.
Not sure if anyone but The Master from Dr. Who can have a The Master power, unless you make them the same power.
The extra turn is only for Harada as he's the only one "with this power" and He'd have to take two wounds to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:58 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:

I like the mechanics of this power a lot. Really cool.

Quote:
It was a great idea that really brought this concept to the next level and now I just have to convince you of your own brilliance.
Old August 14th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Not Citrus

Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun Lazy Orang is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the wording means 'taking a turn with a hero using this special power', not 'who has this special power'.
You're right that it could be clearer, though.

My Family's Classic Customs
- Suicidium Scourge
=====================
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:25 PM
A Man of Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy Orang View Post
I think the wording means 'taking a turn with a hero using this special power', not 'who has this special power'.
You're right that it could be clearer, though.
Oh wow. I think you and Tornado are right. Dang I misread that one.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project