Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library
C3G Library This area collects all the released designs. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 10th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Annihilus - Brainstorming Phase

Once Whitey has signed off on liking this design, we can do some playtesting.
Old August 10th, 2010, 10:35 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Good stuff gang. First post updated. I think that you may be confused on what Nihilist means though, A3n. It isn't about wanting to control or dominate, but rather being apathetic to life and its meaning/purpose. Thanos is Nihilististic because Lady Death (his only love) rejects him when he dies, so he hates his own life and finds it pointless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism
I know what it means, I wasn't saying that it was there to replace Paranoid or represent his conquering personality or anything like that. All I was saying that I dismissed Paranoid & went with the only personality offered (Whitestuffs card) & that the official use wasn't Nihlistic. I really don't know the character at all, I was going to put Paranoid myself when I read the wiki introduction to him but further reading dispelled that & because I couldn't think of anything else I just put Nihlist from Whitey's card. So if anybody finds a better one then feel free to say so. Hell if you really want to go with Paranoid then we can go with that, it just didn't seem the most iconic representation.

Did we want to explore adding another ability like suggested by Spidey? I don't know myself I like that he only has 2 abilities, but the thematic flavour that we could add by including something about holding on to the CCR glyph longer is also appealing. Remember it really is his Rod & he knows it best.

Cheers
Old August 10th, 2010, 10:57 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Did we want to explore adding another ability like suggested by Spidey? I don't know myself I like that he only has 2 abilities, but the thematic flavour that we could add by including something about holding on to the CCR glyph longer is also appealing. Remember it really is his Rod & he knows it best.

Cheers
Oye, there he goes again.

Seriously, though, I really think with an equipment glyph that is iconically connected to him and him alone, we should at least reference it on his card by his ability to keep ahold of it, if not allow him to start the game with it.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old August 11th, 2010, 02:55 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
Quote:

Cheers
Oye, there he goes again.

Seriously, though, I really think with an equipment glyph that is iconically connected to him and him alone, we should at least reference it on his card by his ability to keep ahold of it, if not allow him to start the game with it.
I like the card as is, and I am not really in favor of adding more to it, I think it is fine. Also, the Cosmic Control Rod is already mentioned on his card, and I like it just as it is personally.
Old August 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Good stuff gang. First post updated. I think that you may be confused on what Nihilist means though, A3n. It isn't about wanting to control or dominate, but rather being apathetic to life and its meaning/purpose. Thanos is Nihilististic because Lady Death (his only love) rejects him when he dies, so he hates his own life and finds it pointless.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism
I know what it means, I wasn't saying that it was there to replace Paranoid or represent his conquering personality or anything like that. All I was saying that I dismissed Paranoid & went with the only personality offered (Whitestuffs card) & that the official use wasn't Nihlistic. I really don't know the character at all, I was going to put Paranoid myself when I read the wiki introduction to him but further reading dispelled that & because I couldn't think of anything else I just put Nihlist from Whitey's card. So if anybody finds a better one then feel free to say so. Hell if you really want to go with Paranoid then we can go with that, it just didn't seem the most iconic representation.

Cheers
OK, well I don't really like Paranoid either, as I have never seen him behave that way. I really don't have any great ideas as to what it should be though, sorry.
Old August 11th, 2010, 07:24 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death! Spidey'tilIDie is hot lava death!

Aggressive? Quick-tempered? Insecure?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
Old August 12th, 2010, 07:08 PM

Territorial? Angry is an official personality.
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:46 PM

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

I don't mind Aggressive.
Old August 12th, 2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I don't mind Aggressive.
I agree, but it seems like there should be something better.
Old August 15th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Has Bigger Cockles

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Aggressive and Territorial are both good, in my opinion.
Please stick with the 2 power set up!
He's looking good.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

Old August 15th, 2010, 09:56 PM

Yeah I was just waiting on Whitey to return & pick this up as I was leaving this one for him (trying to anyway ).

Cheers
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:00 AM
C3G Hero

whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun whitestuff is a penguin with a machine gun

Ok, I'm into this now.

Firstly, I really think that 'Nihilist' is the way to go. The reason being that during the Annihilation run, Annihilus teamed up with Thanos. Ultimately it was revealed that Annihilus's goal was to build a bomb capable of destroying both the Negative Zone and the Universe leaving him as the sole survivor. That's your definition of nihilism right there. “Nihilism” comes from the Latin nihil, or nothing, which means not anything, that which does not exist. It appears in the verb “annihilate,” meaning to bring to nothing, to destroy completely (or found in the name Annihilus...).
Quote:

NAME = ANNIHILUS

SPECIES = ARTHRIAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CONQUEROR
PERSONALITY = NIHILIST
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 8
MOVE = 7
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 5
POINTS = ???
All this seems fine,but I'm not sure that his power level is quite right... but I have an idea... later...
Quote:
EXOSKELETON
If a figure without the Super Strength special power attacks Annihilus with a normal attack, the most wounds he can take from the attack is one.
Sure, this seems fine.
Quote:
THE OPPOSING FORCE
If Annihilus inflicts one or more wounds with his normal attack or with the Cosmic Control Rod Equipment Glyph, you may remove one wound marker from this card.
This is good as well.
Quote:
FLYING
SUPERSTRENGTH
All fine.

On to my idea. I know that the Cosmic Control Rod Glyph has been tested but I'd like to suggest adding a line in there - 'If the figure controlling this glyph is Annihilus add 1 to his attack and defense' or something like that.

The reason for my thinking of this is that if anyone is getting an advantage from using the CCRG it should definitely be Annihilus (it is his after all). Annihilus created the rod and in turn the rod created him.

So then, I really, really believe that Annihilus should start every game with the glyph on his card. The character of Annihilus is intrinsically linked to that CCRG. The rod is what made him who he is. He can still lose it (he would be governed by all the same rules as any other character holding a glyph) and he should be weakened by the losing of it.

Here then is what I think is needed... One more ability...

COSMIC CONTROL ROD GLYPH AFFINITY
Annihilus starts the game with the Cosmic Control Rod Glyph on his Army Card. At the end of any round where Annihilus is not in possession of the Cosmic Control Rod Glyph, he takes one wound.

I know that this is a new idea for us, but for the character to work as he should, I would really like for you to think about it before you shout me down.

Last edited by whitestuff; August 16th, 2010 at 10:18 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project > C3G Library