Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting
C3V Public Playtesting Forum for discussion of C3V public playtests. Only C3V members can create new threads, but all others can post to those threads.

Old July 17th, 2019, 01:53 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
12th Caucasus Rifles Public Playtesting

NAME = 12TH CAUCASUS RIFLES

GENERAL = VYDAR
PLANET = EARTH
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = COMMON SQUAD
CLASS = SOLDIERS
PERSONALITY = RESOLUTE
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM/5

LIFE = 1 (2 FIGURES)
MOVE = 5
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3
POINTS = 60

TARGET POINT:
Head
GRAY AREAS:
Weapons

GAS GRENADE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 5. Lob 12. Attack 1.
Before attacking normally, one 12th Caucasus Rifle Soldier may choose a figure to attack with Gas Grenade Special Attack. No clear line of sight is needed. Any figures adjacent to the chosen figure are also affected by Gas Grenade Special Attack. Roll one attack die once for all affected figures. If you roll a skull, all figures affected by Gas Grenade Special Attack subtract 2 from their defense dice for the entire turn. Each figure rolls defense dice separately. Gas Grenade Special Attack never affects Undead, destructible objects, or 12th Caucasus Rifles.

Quote:
Q: Can the Soldier who used Gas Grenade Special Attack also use his normal attack in the same turn?
A: Yes.

Q: Are Undead, destructible objects, and 12th Caucasus Rifles immune to the damage from the attack, the defense reduction, or both?
A: Both

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old August 11th, 2019, 12:13 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 12th Caucasus Rifles Public Playtesting

Map: Swamp Thing by Browncoat
Glyph of Wannok in the middle

Army 1: 12th x3, Airborne Elite, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Marcu Esenwein
Army 2: Blade Gruts x3, Tornak, Hrognak, Brute Gruts, Drow Chainfighter

The soldiers got walloped. The Gruts set up a camp at the foot of the hill near their start-zone with Hrognak, while the soldiers did the same thing. Got pretty excited in round one when I moved a couple of the 12th up and bombed Tornak. Killed off a Blade Grut in the explosion and got another as well as wounded Tornak in the gunfire afterwards. From there it all went downhill tho, the gruts spread out and rushed across the swamp, tying the 12th up. I used the grenade against a non-adjacent orc once later on, but it missed. Only took 3 rounds for the Gruts to mop everybody up, the AE never dropped. The 12th killed off 4 Blade Gruts and put 2 wounds on Tornak.

The Blade Gruts were fast enough to tie the shooters up, and even if I only put one adjacent to each riflemen, being able to move 4 a turn allowed them to have a pretty constant barrage of attacks of 2 that wore down the 12th. Being a squad of 2 is tough. I didn't want to throw a grenade at adjacent orcs because the possibility of insta-killing 1 orc was really worth having to defend your own figure with just one defense die (I realize now they've got gas masks and don't have to worry about bombing themselves. Doh!). I would have done it if there were a bunch of Gruts around but their speed made it where they didn't have to swarm to have a constant flow of attacks to match just 2 shots from the 12th each turn.

I was looking forward to throwing a bunch of grenades at some bunched up, low-defense orcs, but it didn't work out that way. Not having the AE drop hurt, so that was unlucky, but mostly it was just a matter of a 2 man squad not having the ability to control the board. I really liked the Gas Grenade tho! I didn't use it quite right, having 3 attacks a turn could have been a big difference, but I think the Gruts still would have pulled it off pretty easily.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old August 12th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Online HS Season 11, 13 & 14 Champion

kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun kevindola is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the test. That's a pretty fast army to get onto the 12th for sure, especially if the Airborne don't drop to draw attention or true to take out Tornak.

Did Tornak get into the action against the 12th too then? 3 attack blades are wicked, and were you able to setup Marcus well enough to give the 12th a boost? I know with the Gruts having the numbers, it might not have mattered a tone.
Old August 12th, 2019, 03:35 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindola View Post
Thanks for the test. That's a pretty fast army to get onto the 12th for sure, especially if the Airborne don't drop to draw attention or true to take out Tornak.

Did Tornak get into the action against the 12th too then? 3 attack blades are wicked, and were you able to setup Marcus well enough to give the 12th a boost? I know with the Gruts having the numbers, it might not have mattered a tone.
Tornak did get in on the action, although I kept him away from the Blade Gruts for fear of a gas grenade. His speed and ability to tie down several of the 12th with a double base proved pretty nasty tho. Ended up not getting Marcus up to a good spot, I think he boosted one attack during the game. I had plans to move him up and set up a pod on the hill but by round 2 the Gruts were closing in and I decided it was more worth it to throw my order markers on the 12th who already had height in some hopes of picking off as many orcs as possible. 3/3 is sneakily good stats for a ranged squad as it is, and as I said they had height. Not sure if throwing 5 attack dice at little 2 defense Gruts would have made a big difference.

Threw out another test today on Marr Highway by Velenne. I figured a narrower map might benefit the 12th a bit more.

Army 1: MacDirks x2, Alastair, Thorgrim, Raelin RotV, Josie Whistlestop (500 points)
Army 2: 12th Caucasus x3, Roman Legionnaires x4, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Marcu Esenwein (500 points)

Decided to use the 12th as a shock troop, going in and really picking on the MacDirks early on. At the beginning of round 2, a rifleman moved into a spot that threatened a potentially catastrophic grenade into the middle of the MacDirks. My order marker was on Raelin, so instead of moving her to her perch, I opted to engage that figure to prevent that grenade. The 12th murdered Raelin in two turns, but then the MacDirks and Alastair swept thru and pummeled the 12th off the map pretty quick. Used gas grenade 4 times and missed all 4 (unlucky). However, they were all against Raelin or an individual MacDirk, could never get multiple figures lined up. The 12th killed Raelin and 1 MacDirk.

From there the Romans and MacDirks battled it out. Looked like the MacDirks had a chance when Alastair got 4 wounds and they had Thorgrim backing them up, they really started churning thru soldiers. But Alastair went down and then Legion marched down the board and took everyone out. In the end 6 Legionnaires, MDG with 3 wounds, and an untouched Marcu were left.

Assassinating Raelin early on was pretty sweet, but the 12th disappointed in their role. Probably would have been a bit better if I had taken just two squads of them. The threat of a gas grenade was pretty huge though and had a big impact.

Old August 12th, 2019, 08:12 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Thanks for the second test, MTSP!

customs/maps/c3v/sov

how to:
make a card/post your maps

google sheets:
ohs link generator/attack outcomes

CVN~ "I highly recommend C3V customs!"
Old August 13th, 2019, 03:03 PM

Did another test today!

Map: Foot Path by Sir Heroscape
Glyphs of Dagmar and Wannok

Army 1: 12th x4, Deathreavers x2, Raelin RotV (400 Points)
Army 2: Marro Stingers x4, Su-Bak-Na (400 Points)

The rats and Raelin rolled out and claimed a spot by the Glyph of Wannok, while the Stingers moved across the board pretty evenly, taking Dagmar and threatening the position. In round 2 I started dumping order markers on the 12th, who were able to slowly move up. For a little the Stingers were really tearing through rats and taking out a few of the 12th, but then they lost a turn to drain and the momentum shifted. I pulled off a really sweet gas grenade where I bombed a rat that was tying up 2 Stingers, the rat survived but the marro didn't. I got another one of those later. Ended up going 4/10 with the gas grenade, but the 12th boosted by Raelin managed to plink off Stingers while suffering few enough casualties that they could maintain their attacks. Su-Bak-Na made a charge towards the end after taking some Wannok Wounds, knocking off a couple riflemen and threatening Raelin, but the 12th managed to get it done. 3 12th Caucasus Rifles, Raelin with 3 wounds, and 2 Deathreavers were left.

A lucky grenade can be pretty game-changing, but it requires some careful maneuvers. The 12th seem to struggle early, but if they can get a good foothold and have multiple squads up where they can attack, they can get to work. 60 points seems around right to me, they've got a real neat trick up their sleeve in gas grenade that warrants a higher cost even with just 2 attacks per turn. I question the theme of gas grenade a bit. I'm glad your Deathreavers are affected by it from a balance standpoint, but why should a robot be affected by the grenade when the undead aren't?

Old August 14th, 2019, 10:41 PM

Another test on Foot Path today. Fun battlefield! Same glyphs.

Army 1: 12th x4, Airborne Elite, Krug (470)
Army 2: Greenscales x3, Charos, Raelin RotV (470)

AE dropped round 1, and popped some shots off, putting some wounds on Raelin and Charos. But, I wasn't entirely sure what to do with them, I tried to keep them far back but the Greenscales were faster than I had thought and they ended up getting locked up quicker than I had figured. After round 1, I kind of gave up on the AE, even tho their defenses held for several turns after I stopped giving them order markers. Looking back, not entirely sure if I played them right. The 12th was the next wave and they kind of attacked from their start-zone, slowly moving up the hill to get on even level and keep out of the threat range of figures on the opposite hill. Only got about 3 Greenscale kills, but knocked off Raelin and Charos. Gas Grenade wrecked havoc, went 5/7 and it went miles towards killing Raelin quick and tearing apart Charos's defense. However, Charos and the Greenies managed to take down all but one of the 12th, so I moved to Krug, who had taken a couple wounds from Wannok. Krug mopped up the remaining 6 lizardmen, but it was pretty close, he only had 1 life left.

The Greenscales are pretty pathetic without their lizard king, and the 12th were great for assassinating important parts of the army. Gas grenade can be super destructive, you're never quite sure how many defense dice you're going to be rolling. It was fun chucking grenades at engaged Riflemen and AE as well. The time I threw it at the AE I only ended up blowing the AE up tho, the lizardman got lucky. I don't think I did a super good job playing these armies, I didn't get the AE right as I mentioned before and I also had some troubles with the Greenroller, ended up overextending Charos a bit and that lead to his early demise. Of course, the threat and damage that Gas Grenade does was a big factor as well, when you're rolling hot for gas grenade the 12th can usually kill about whatever they want, and that forces you to make decisions on figure placement as you approach a pod of the Rifles. Their defense of 3 is also not bad at all, and can stand up to some attacks if they can pick off incoming enemies and limit the number of attacks they have to defend against.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > C3V and SoV Customs > C3V Public Playtesting