Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 1st, 2014, 08:39 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Beta Ray Bill (Public Playtesting Phase)

I'm fine with Back-to-Back being a power that doesn't activate a lot. It's a thematic power that is lots of fun when you can pull it off, but it won't happen more than a few times a game. Personally, I have no problem with making changes this far into the process, but I just don't see the changes being warranted in this case. I would much rather lower his cost or raise his stats.

EDIT: marrowick, I notice that the links in the OP link to the playtesters user profiles. The links should lead to the playtests themselves instead. Like so: Yodaking

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old October 1st, 2014, 09:03 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why not just remove the Asgardian restriction from B2B? I would prefer to not have another pigeonholed figure. What is thematic about the restriction? Would he not fight similarly with anyone, if it is in his nature to do so?
Old October 1st, 2014, 11:36 AM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Technically, Starfire should probably be willing to protect any teammate, regardless of whether or not they're a member of the Teen Titans, and there's no biological reason for Professor X to have trouble telling non-Mutants what to do.

Back to Back needs to be restricted for balance reasons. Making it open to anybody would swing his cost way up just by allowing him to team with Carry figures, and I'm sure there'd be all manner of other exploits. I think beefing up his stats would be the way to go here.

If you're worried about his draftability outside Asgardian-based armies, I think he'll always be solid if you pair him with Sif (which makes sense, thematically). You can throw Sif into a high-point game without too much trouble, and she works well with Bill.
Old October 1st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

With this many figures to choose from, restrictions are good for both strategic balance and theme (i.e. encouraging you to play with figures and teams you might not otherwise). Not everything can or should work well with everything else.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 1st, 2014, 10:50 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Left as is, he needs a significant point drop then. If you want his points to stay fairly high, I'd bump up his life for starters. More life means more time in the fight and thus the rest of his stats & powers have more time to shine.
Old October 2nd, 2014, 01:15 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

6 Life definitely does seem low for 420. I'm fine with lowering him a bit or with bumping his life a bit.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 2nd, 2014, 02:11 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

I'd really rather bring the stats up to match the cost than the cost down to match the stats; Bill's supposed to be on Thor's level, not just a knock-off.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 05:16 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd really rather bring the stats up to match the cost than the cost down to match the stats; Bill's supposed to be on Thor's level, not just a knock-off.
Same. I've been a little wary o his stats for a while. I would really like to bring his life and maybe attack/defense by at least 1.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Old October 3rd, 2014, 05:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

If we want him to come in at 420, Thor at 430 should be a pretty good starting point for comparisons sake. Both are Medium 5, Valiant Champions.

Both have a SA, that are somewhat similar in nature. Thor has range 6 (and can attack at range even when engaged) vs. BRB range 4. Thor attack is capped at 4, where BRB attack will also be 4 most of the time but could move up to as high as 6 when attacking multiple adj. figures. Both can attack all adj. figures. Pretty even in value with Thor getting a slight edge IMO as the extra range and ability to attack at range even when engaged is more significant that the extra attack die when facing 2+ adj. figures.

Thor has God of Thunder Strike vs. BRB's B2B power. The auto wounds Thunder Strike are nice but don't happen all that often. BRB's B2B is limited to Asgurdians and that Asgurdian must both start & end their turn adj. to BRB. Pretty nice getting an extra attack from BRB but it seems to only happen once or twice per game, and often results in a range 4 attack of 4 rather then the melee attack of 7. I give BRB the edge here though since Thunder Strike does not happen at all in most of my Thor games.

So I think you could match stats for the most part. Maybe leave BRB's attack at 7 since we do want him to come in at less than Thor's 430 and the B2B power means BRB gets to attack. That means bumps up to 8 life & 8 defense from where he is at right now would seem appropriate.

Last edited by Yodaking; October 3rd, 2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

While I was waiting for the stats for another playtest I thought I would give Beta Ray a run. Overall I would agree that he is overcost at 420, but I would suggest to only raise his Life by 1 to get him to the 420 mark and leave his Attack and Defense at 7.

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old October 3rd, 2014, 06:02 PM
Ninja Playtester

fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fret_gurglo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Beta Ray Bill

- THEME TEST/ Check to see if there are any powers or stats on the test unit card that does not accurately reflect the theme or likeness of what the character would and could do. Also consider destructible objects, and whether or not this characters powers should affect them.
Pass

- MIRROR TEST/ Check to see if the unit were played against itself, if there would be any loops that would upset the balance of the Game.
Pass

- BONDING TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing Bonding abilities to make sure there are no continual Bonding possibilities that do not stop appropriately or do not stop at all. This is to prevent loops in Bonding.
Pass.

- SYNERGIES TEST/ Compare the unit card with all possible currently existing synergies to make sure there are no factors that could break the game by making any unit to powerful or too weak.
Pass.

- POWER CHECK/ Consider the test unit and all existing units and all glyphs to compare to and check for any powers that could be over amplified and break the game. Each power must define when it takes place, who or what it affects, and What are the stipulations on the power if there are any.
Pass.

- FUN TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play.
Pass.

- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Consider whether or not the design was fun to play against.
Pass.

- DRAFTING TEST/ Consider whether or not this design is worth drafting.
Pass.

- USAGE TEST/ Consider whether or not all of the powers on this card were used or at least usable.
Pass.

- STRATEGY TEST/ Consider whether or not the design offers any real strategy or interesting tactics to the overall game.
Pass.

Beta Ray is useful as a straight bruiser. I found his Stormbreaker power a little weaker than Thors. His Back to Back power is somewhat hard to get characters into position to use and even easier to counter. However it is powerful enough that even using it 2 or 3 times a game will be able to alter its outcome. Overall I would say he is slightly over cost at 420 and should come in around 400 or maybe 410.

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes

- What should be the unit's point value? 400-420

Give a brief overview. Although Back to Back is difficult to use, it is very powerful. It took until round 5 to start to activate it (after Magneto and Blob were destroyed). Otherwise a close match, in fact if Thor had not stunk so bad the Asgardians would have a greater victory.
Map: Swamp Lab
Units: ASGARDIANS (1890) – Asgardian Warrior x2 (380), Beta Ray Bill (420), Balder (420), Captain America (240), Thor (430)VERSUS HORSEMEN OF APOCALPYPSE (1905) – Apocalypse (620), Archangel (260), Blob (165), Catwoman (145), Magneto (310), Quicksilver (215), Sage (190)
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage Inflicted(normal attacks): 1 wound Magneto, 3 wounds Apocalypse, 6 wounds on Blob
Power Usage/Effectiveness:
Stormbreaker Special:

Range: 2 times for 3 wounds
Adjacent: 0 times
Back to Back: 5 times

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? ???

Give a brief overview. This was a catastrophe for the champions. Enchanted team actually ended the game with more points than they started with because of Soul Swap.
Units: CHAMPIONS (1590) – Allen the Alien (400), Beta Ray Bill (420), Mongul (340), Thor (430)VERSUS ENCHANTED (1595) – Angel (90), Cyclops (190), Deadpool (285), Enchantress (380), Jean Grey (180), Sage (190), Wolverine (280)
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage Inflicted(normal attacks): 1 wound Magneto, 3 wounds Apocalypse, 6 wounds on Blob
Stormbreaker Special:

Range: 2 times for 3 wounds
Adjacent: 0 times
Back to Back: 5 times

Spoiler Alert!

Army Test

- What should be the unit's point value? 400-410

Give a brief overview. Beta Ray was soul swapped and used aggressively by the other team. The Asgardian team was reluctant to strike back at Beta Ray with the hopes that he would eventually come back, and he did but it was too late.
Units: ASGARDIANS (1590) – Beta Ray Bill (420), Heimdall (390), Thor (430), Valkyrie (350)VERSUS ENCHANTED (1595) – Angel (90), Cyclops (190), Deadpool (285), Enchantress (380), Jean Grey (180), Sage (190), Wolverine (280)
UNIT SUM-UP
Damage Inflicted(normal attacks): 4 wounds Thor, 7 wounds Heimdall, 2 wounds Angel
Stormbreaker Special:

Range: 3 times for 3 wounds
Adjacent: 1 time for 2 wounds
Back to Back: 2 times

Spoiler Alert!

My designs for C3G nomination
My current reward points
Old October 3rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
I probably just killed the joke - in comic sans

marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness marrowick wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I agree that maybe only raise his life by one and I see sense in leaving his attack at seven due to B2B being powerful enough already even with all the restrictions, but I still feel like I should push for 8 defense, or give him 8 life (which while it's a lot it would be a less powerful buff than 8 defense). I just don't quite feel like he's quite reached that "toe-to-toe with Thor" mark yet.

EDIT: Oh and thanks for the test Fret I'm sorry if we have to redo things right after you finished.

EDIT2: Also I'm going to be gone anywhere from 7 to 10 days. My grandma's about to die and we're going leave tomorrow to go see her before it happens then stay for the funeral. So I'll probably be unreachable for a little while and at the very least on very little.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library