Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 24th, 2006, 11:25 AM
stop starring at my burrito

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
Life vs Defense

i was wondering if you math ppl that are experienced with this game can give me a statistical breakdown of he helpfulness of #defense dice (vs) the helpfulness of the # of life the character has.

I've seen a lot of ppl are upset with the Deathwalkers since they have only one life, but the 9D dice help, i was just wondering the average number of attacks he can take before dying, and the same for other characters (with less defense but more life).

I know this is pretty open to choosing which chars and how much life and defense etc, but gimme whatever you can please.
I guess try to take a char with the same # range and attack dice and similar point values.
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Site Admin

netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer netherspirit is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
I remember reading about this, and I think its more beneficial to have an additional defense die than an additioanl life.
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Seed has disabled reputation
Life is way better than health in my opinion, but I'm no pro :P
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:34 AM

AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker AmishBurrito knows what's in an order marker
life better than health? arent they the same?
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:42 AM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
I would say that a balance between the two stats is best, too little life and your completely at the mercy of the dice, one bad roll and bam, figure dead, too little defense and then you can't defend from even the weakest of attacks, and so your easier to peck to death, personally, I'f I had to split the dice between nine in some way, I'd probably go 5 def 4 life, or something in the middle like that.

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:44 AM

^ so you're saying that 1life = 1.25D? approximately
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:46 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Life is much more flexable because of being able to take a disengagement swipe and being able to be healed by Kelda or the Glyph of Kelda.
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:50 AM

but how much more is life than D (lookin for a number)
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:52 AM

AbducteeLeader has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishBurrito
^ so you're saying that 1life = 1.25D? approximately
Not at all, that is just what I would perfer if I had to choose between life or defense with 9 dice, I think defense is much better then life, but that there has to be a balance, otherwise luck will play too much of a roll. I would much rather have a figure that has 99 defense and one life, then a figure with 99 life and 1 defense(While this comparison is a bit extreme, I'm about to explain this.)

It seems to me that having more life gives linear benefits to the figure, you increasing how many hits they can take before they die, seems ok, but now think about this... the more defense a figure has, the more likely they are to roll shields, and hence block attacks, having something like 99 defense means on average you can block a 33 skull attack roll, and the lower the attack, the more likely you are to block it, you'd almost have to TRY to not get shields once you get up to a certain number of di. Also, however high your defense is, means you can block an attack that high possibly MULTIPLE times, while with life, you can take an attack one less then your life, but after that your dead. I hope that clarifies my position on the matter.

"I believe that a picture says 1000 words, but smileys make it all good." - ninthdoc
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:56 AM

shakey_snake has disabled reputation
Heroscape Matchup Calculator Saylind vs Finn

Saylind (5L 3d 3a) wins 49% of the time.
Finn (4L 4d 3a) wins 51% of the time.

It's about like having a medium pair vs. 2 overcards.

It's a coin flip.
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:00 PM

i agree, just trying to see if someone knows statistically how much more beneficial one is than the other (based on how many avg attacks that char can take from diff #attack guys) I'm trying to see if i can figure out how to do it. You'd have to find the %chance for the guy to roll < # and the attacker to roll > or = to #, for each number, and then you'd get the avg # of hits on the character per roll. Then you take the life divided by avg #hits/roll, and you can now know the avg number of times you will get attacked with a character with X attack dice before you die.
Old May 24th, 2006, 12:05 PM

awesome, thanks snake, i'm going to play with that thing for a while

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units