Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old August 12th, 2012, 12:13 AM
has been BANNED

jammer397 costs too much!
What really grinds my gears.

I have a problem. It's with the cards people are making. There is some great card makers and some of them are great. I give props to the great card makers out there. Now here in lies my gripe.

My rant will start with why do we need a 150 f*ing Batmans, 200 f*ing Iron Mans, and 201 f*ing Superman's. We have not one working on the new stuff. Let's see the Hulk clix set came out like 6 month ago. We have no Hulk Robot, no Man-wolf, no Black Tarantula and so on. Green Lantern movie set came out before Hulk and the only thing from that set is Kilwog and Hal Jordan. Sinestro don't count because the card is the Yellow Lantern version. Then there is no cards for figure we have for way older sets.

I have made some of the cards needed for the figures a while back ago, but I have no skill to make official looking cards. Nor do I care to learn when I have a full plate as it is, but you got guys that do. Like some of the C3G guys making the 150th version of Batman. We don't really need that to improve the play of marvel scape when we got 149 more to pick from.

Then there is other guys that are not C3G and are free lancing but still want to make Superman, Batman, Hulk, and Wolverine and so on. Well TS ! The best Hulk is the stock heroscape Hulk. So why fix what is not broken and start making what is not there. Bless the guys that take the time to make the card but please do something new. Instead of do the same poo over and freaking over again. Thank you and goodnight.
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:04 AM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth
Re: What really grinds my gears.

Wow, you sound angry.

People make what they want. Why should you or I or anyone tell people what to make? If you want a RoboHulk or Werewolf Robot on Unicorn, make it. Post just the stats if you want feedback but don't want to put forth the effort to create a card. Sometimes, if you ask veeery nicely, a 'scaled will create a card for you.

And the "best" customs differ between everyone. I prefer C3G's first Batman, Hasbro's Red Skull, and C3G's Doctor Doom, Hulk, and Spider-man.

Many people DO create cards for new stuff. I know one scaper did some really cool Black Lanterns a while back (my apologies to the designer, I don't remember who). C3G has the writeups for the other spectrum lanterns in the "to be released" category I believe.

In all, just lighten up and enjoy this great community. There's a whole lot of customs already on this site, surely you haven't seen ALL of them yet
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:36 AM
has been BANNED

I'm sure you right but I have been lurking around on this site for sometime now and I have seen a great number of cards. My hopes of this post was to light a fire and make the card makers out see, that hey there is other heroes and villains.

Not everyone wants another Superman, Batman, and Hulk. This site a so many as it is. Some of us wants an Abin Sur, Odin, or Imperiex. Which I have take and made a draft of all 3 and I'm posting on my custom forum.
Old August 12th, 2012, 07:48 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You are talking about a handful of people spread around the world, you should be thanking them for having anything new to use. If they want to make more of the same, I would be happy to try them out. You ought to join in the process instead of criticizing it. You want it bad enough, put some time in. Research the character (if needed), take a shot at some stats, compare with similar figures and against common foes when possible, and submit your idea in the Public thread. You will get plenty of help from some very nice people. Of course, you have to be nice in return.
Old August 12th, 2012, 09:00 AM
has been BANNED

See never win. I have a valid point and I have when I had time to place input. I never got any back. Let alone any that made a difference. I think it's time to drop the subject because not a person is seeing all the facts, just the parts they want to see.
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer397 View Post
See never win. I have a valid point and I have when I had time to place input. I never got any back. Let alone any that made a difference. I think it's time to drop the subject because not a person is seeing all the facts, just the parts they want to see.
And some people don't know how to accept feedback and adjust what needs to be adjusted.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.

Last edited by Jim; August 12th, 2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: A "catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" kind of thing...
Old August 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm confused - are you upset with C3G, or anyone who makes Marvel customs?

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM
What's Curse of Negoksa???

Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness Swamper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I enjoy Spider-Man comics the most. Spider-Man is the character I am most familiar with. Therefore I make mostly Spider-Man comics.

I sense a feeling of entitlement in your posts. You seem to think that you are "entitled" to have other people bow to your every whim and make the customs that you deem "appropriate". What were you expecting? Did you think that we would immediately drop everything we are doing to go make the customs that you want? You want them, you make them. Show some initiative, pal. Get over your sense of self-righteous importance, thank the people that are making these cards for you, and make your own customs if there is something you want that hasn't been made yet.

Swamper is Zetacron...
in the
Garden of Horror...
Old August 12th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamper View Post
I enjoy Spider-Man comics the most. Spider-Man is the character I am most familiar with. Therefore I make mostly Spider-Man comics.
This is really the thing. When I make customs, it is something I'm into. Comic customs makers are going to do the same. The new figures that are mentioned look a little niche. The big problem is going to be finding a custom maker who knows the character enough to want to make a card for the newly released figure.

My questions, are you asking for custom cards for the new figures because you want every released figure to have a card, or is it because you really like the characters from the comics, or is it something else entirely?
Old August 12th, 2012, 02:39 PM
has been BANNED

I'm not really mad at anyone in general. I'm trying to make a point across. That we have too many Batman and not enough of other figures done. I'm one of the biggest Wolverine fan you could know. I got X-Men and Wolverine comics. I just got a older daredevil comic because it had Wolverine. I have action figures and about a dozen clix figures of him. I didn't make 30 HS cards for him. I have done 1.

I think I'm pointing out that we need a little of everything not just Superman, Batman, Hulk, and Iron Man. Sometime ago I when over and did a good amount of research on Black Tarantula. I really didn't know about anything about Black Tarantula when I made his card. All I know he was a assassin for the hand and he has fought Daredevil and Spider Man. After the research I knew a good amount of general knowledge on him. I then made a draft card for him and I think he turned out well.
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Why on earth do people make customs about the most popular superheroes? Gee, I don't know, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that they're the most popular superheroes! Whoa, what a concept.

People (generally) don't make customs purely for other people to use and to satisfy other people. They make them because they had a cool idea for a custom, they want to show it off. Your disagreement with their personal taste in customs is hardly something to be this angry and pretentious about.
Old August 12th, 2012, 03:50 PM
has been BANNED

A cool idea for a custom is coming up with something original, not doing the same thing over. A guy started righting rules up for High Evolutionary. I call this original and just plan great. Yeah his card needs work and it is still in testing stages, but no one or few has done High Evolutionary. I'm going to help him the best I can with his card because it's new and needs done.

Thanos is another one that needs cards done. He is mr.billy BA of the marvel universe and I seen very few of him done. So my fact still stands. I'm not really mad at anyone either. My goal was just to light a fire and start getting people to shift onto new ideas. Instead of remaking old ones. This is Marvel Heroscape not Hollywood.

I can help people, but I don't really have time to work on new heroes myself. I don't have time with a family, working, and running online trading/selling.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion