Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 11th, 2019, 03:57 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!
Re: johnny139's Design Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
Was the intent with Red Skull that he shouldn’t be able to use Master Motivator off of wounding his own guys? I’ve always played it as he can destroy a cheap Hydra goon to scare others into action, Darth Vader style. If that’s not the intent, now seems like the perfect time to change him.

EDIT:
It's actually not how he was originally tested. He was definitely originally designed on the assumption that you can't attack your own figures. There was a suggestion to take the ability away when Master Motivator got patched, but the public members who chimed in really wanted to keep it. It's fun, thematic, and it's not the busted part of Red Skull.

Most "move on defense" type powers are already written to clarify that you can't trigger them by attacking yourself. Check out Joker Goons or Robin (Dick Grayson).

Sorry if I wasn't clear before Bats, but we definitely didn't take an established rule and throw it out thoughtlessly. There wasn't actually such a rule in place, and we decided not to create one.
Old April 11th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
People were aware of attacking your own figures at least as far back as 2014. It came up when Master Motivator was reused on Iron Patriot (see the discussion there and in Red Skull's thread about how to patch the wording to prevent infinite bonding between the two of them).
I scanned through Iron Patriot's whole thread just now and here are my takeaways:

1. The conversation (in his thread at least) took place in 2012, not 2014. He was designed in 2012 and released in 2013.

2. Nowhere in the discussion there do I see anything about attacking your own figures. My understanding of that infinite loop was just that you'd be tossing the turn football back and forth between Red Skull and Iron Patriot, not that attacking your own figures was ever part of the equation. I don't see anywhere in his thread where it was discussed that way either.

Maybe it was in Red Skull's thread in 2014, though? I'd have to look.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2019, 04:11 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm sure you're right, though. It was probably never a directly stated rule. I can tell you, though, that it was an assumption that formative members of the group were designing under, and that this realization has the potential to impact many designs that were never costed or intended with that cheese.

You have to realize that pre-CRB we just didn't consider some of the cheesy tactics that the CRB folks pointed us toward. That's as true for the Civvies and attacking your own figures as it is for any other design that became concerning due to really unexpected tactics or combinations.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
People were aware of attacking your own figures at least as far back as 2014. It came up when Master Motivator was reused on Iron Patriot (see the discussion there and in Red Skull's thread about how to patch the wording to prevent infinite bonding between the two of them).
I scanned through Iron Patriot's whole thread just now and here are my takeaways:

1. The conversation (in his thread at least) took place in 2012, not 2014. He was designed in 2012 and released in 2013.

2. Nowhere in the discussion there do I see anything about attacking your own figures. My understanding of that infinite loop was just that you'd be tossing the turn football back and forth between Red Skull and Iron Patriot, not that attacking your own figures was ever part of the equation. I don't see anywhere in his thread where it was discussed that way either.

Maybe it was in Red Skull's thread in 2014, though? I'd have to look.
Ah, my bad. There's definitely relevant conversation in Skull's thread. I was thinking it had come up in Iron Patriot's, but I guess the "attacking your own figures" part was a side issue that started elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I'm sure you're right, though. It was probably never a directly stated rule. I can tell you, though, that it was an assumption that formative members of the group were designing under, and that this realization has the potential to impact many designs that were never costed or intended with that cheese.

You have to realize that pre-CRB we just didn't consider some of the cheesy tactics that the CRB folks pointed us toward. That's as true for the Civvies and attacking your own figures as it is for any other design that became concerning due to really unexpected tactics or combinations.
Oh, for sure. A lot of the cheese discovery and reevaluation stress was happening when I first joined up.

I think attacking your own figures probably isn't a lingering source of cheese for most powers like Panic, though. My experience is that, if only for the sake of clarity, you guys tended to be explicit about powers like that triggering on opponents' attacks. (or you already retconned those kinds of restrictions in after discovering years ago that you'd struck cheese)

I'd be happy to help with some research on going through early designs and figuring out exactly who's impacted by attacking your own figures, just to try and identify any other unaddressed cases like the Civs. Probably I'll start getting the time for that right around April 24th.
Old April 11th, 2019, 05:55 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I had attacking-your-own-figures specifically in mind when designing The Crow (Shooting the bird off your friends heads).

Not that that design should be a role model.
Old April 11th, 2019, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
I had attacking-your-own-figures specifically in mind when designing The Crow (Shooting the bird off your friends heads).

Not that that design should be a role model.
Don’t remember much about the design process with that one. Did you share that intent with anyone?

Old April 11th, 2019, 09:03 PM

Re: The Book of Civilians

@Ronin

Would this do the trick?

Quote:
PANIC
After a figure you control rolls defense dice against an enemy figure's normal attack, you may move any 2 Citizens you control up to 4 spaces each. A Citizen moved with Panic must start its movement within 8 clear sight spaces of the defending figure. When a Citizen moves with Panic, it will take any leaving engagement attacks.

Old April 11th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Why are you changing my favorite unit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 11th, 2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Why are you changing my favorite unit?
Is your favorite part about it attacking your own figures to move the Civilians?

Old April 11th, 2019, 10:26 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Yes, that's one of my favorite bits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 11th, 2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Yes, that's one of my favorite bits.
Bummer. It's:

1. Never been the intention of the design
2. Considered competitively overpowered by Soundwarp

Old April 11th, 2019, 10:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Well the gist was that he feels it’s really powerful, and because of that it’ll hold back the design of every future Citizen.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library