Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Notices

Old January 18th, 2017, 10:05 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth
Re: OHS Season 26 - Round 1

dok and should I be starting soon. He illegally placed first, so there may be some debate over what sanctions should be imposed on him

EDIT: The Ebon were too much for me, or at least I made them too much. The engagement rules made it difficult for the M43s to take them down and the Samurai got into the rest of the Mariedians while I struggled. Good game dok, good luck in the rest of the event

Last edited by vegietarian18; January 18th, 2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old January 19th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Not a n00b

Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker Dunedain knows what's in an order marker

Kevindola and I will be playing tonight at 8 mountain time. He's got my agents army, I've got his phantom knights
Old January 19th, 2017, 10:41 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapebot View Post
The Chris Perkins v. Ixe pool of armies is:
* Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Marcu Esenwein, Mezzodemon Warmongers x5
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Kaemon Awa, Marro Stingers x5 (drop one)
* Templar Cavalry x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Seleena, Kira Jax
* Wolves of Badru x4, Khosumet the Darklord, Isamu, Morgoloth
Ixe chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
We just played our match. He ended up playing to the map while I played to the format. Raelin held his glyph and took the glyph of Valda for his team. My Mezzos fought with his stingers until Cyprien flew out at the end of the round and claimed the center glyph of Brandar. He then held up against attacks from Kaemon Awa and gunned for Raelin, killing her on the second turn and winning the game since his glyph was destroyed on the glyph of Valda.

I'm curious how the rest of this tourney will go since there are so many different formats. It's a tough tournament to build for if you want to play the formats instead of defaulting to a kill them all scenario.
Old January 20th, 2017, 02:59 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I'm curious how the rest of this tourney will go since there are so many different formats. It's a tough tournament to build for if you want to play the formats instead of defaulting to a kill them all scenario.
Well, two of the formats (Pooled Draft and Chaos of Battle) are kill 'em all once the game starts; they mess with your plans in different ways.

The intention of the format was definitely to challenge the players to think about their army differently in each round. I suspect a good number of the Escape and Claim games will be won essentially as straight kill 'em alls, but you need to keep the other victory conditions in the back of your mind.
Old January 20th, 2017, 03:23 PM
13 Time OHS Champion

kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth kevindola is a man of the cloth

On that note of format strategy, n00b and I played our game last night. Each of us playing an army of the other

kevindola: Microcorp Agents x2, Krav Maga Agents, Laglor, Major J15, Guilty, Isamu

n00b: Phantom Knights x3, Werewolf Lord x2, Seleena, Marcu

n00b went with the strategy of trying to claim the glyphs. His Brandar was on a Werewolf in the startzone and he claimed the center one with a Phantom Knight, while his other phantom knights pummeled J15 in my startzone to try and get him to drop it.

I was worried he would pull it off around an initaitive switch for the win, or once he killed J15, I would have to send Microcorps to pick it up, but he actually could have prevented even that with some clever positioning in my startzone.

I'm not sure if he started with this strategy or it evolved into it, because my 9 range Microcorp claimed the level 2 heights outside the startzone and could attack the PKs on turn 1. And that probably wouldn't have mattered except I sniped 2 PKs with 2v8 attacks during the opening rounds.
Spoiler Alert!

n00b didn't fully concentrate on J15 though, choosing to spend some attacks on Laglor or even ground Microcorp. This helped J15 stay alive and keep the Micros above 1 squad. The PKs hit J15 for 2 wounds and killed 1 Microcorp, but once the PKs came in I was throwing 3 attacks of 4 at them every turn, and since they had a long way to go from their startzone they weren't getting full activations as I racked up kills.

Once they were thinned out to below a squad he switched to the werewolves and Hybrid. The first Werewolf Lord absorbed a ton of punishment to get just outside of my startzone but the Microcorps finished him there, and Seleena afterward. After Marcu went down, n00b surrendered with the 2nd werewolf still in his startzone facing nearly my full army. The Microcorps received all my order markers which i thought was interesting, though I almost put one on Laglor as I was so scared J15 would go down and I would need Laglor to pick up Brandar.

gg n00b. The dice were brutal for you.
Old January 20th, 2017, 06:54 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1998 View Post
@jcustar09 and I will be playing at 6:00 Central time Friday evening.
Starting in a few. Yet to decide armies though.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 20th, 2017, 08:37 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
@jcustar09 and I will be playing at 6:00 Central time Friday evening.
Starting in a few. Yet to decide armies though.
I took my Phantom Knights/B-11/Major Q10 army and he responded with his elemental army.

Round 1 started with him moving Raelin forward as my B-11's dealt 2 wounds to her on my first turn. The rest of the round resulted in elements moving up and my B-11's failing to wound Raelin again.

Round 2 consisted of my Phantom Knights quickly finished Raelin and his elementals killing a Phantom Knight.

The game did not last much longer. A combination of very skewed dice and a dead Raelin allowed me to easily dispatch of almost all of the elementals while only having a few Phantom Knights and a B-11 falling. jcustar resigned not long after. The dice were definitely on my side this game. Q10 and several Phantom Knights never saw any action and the scenario wasn't much of a factor.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 12:47 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
The Dr.Goomonkey v. Simval pool of armies is:
* Command Courier x3, Warforged Soldiers x2, Major X17, Black Wyrmling x2, Siege
* Dumutef Guard, Frost Giant of Morh x2, Heirloom, Ogre Warhulk
* Tornak, Krug, Heavy Gruts x3, Ashi-Dhulu
* Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Preyblood Thrall x3, Deathstrike Thrall x2, Asterios, Sonya Esenwein
Dr.Goomonkey chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Simval chooses who places first.

Me and Dr. Goomonkey starting in 15 minutes or so. He picked my Thralls, I answered with my orcs.

PS : Ashi-Dhulu isn't in the 3D figures ?
PS 2 : Asterios isn't either.

EDIT : Sadly, Dr. Goomonkey didn't show up. I hope we'll be able to play later today.

Last edited by Simval; January 22nd, 2017 at 01:32 PM.
Old January 22nd, 2017, 05:56 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Now In 3 Gorgeous Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post

PS : Ashi-Dhulu isn't in the 3D figures ?
PS 2 : Asterios isn't either.
We are missing several of the newer VC figures due to several factors. Until we are able to correct this, proxies are fine.

~Dysole, wishing she had a better answer
Old January 22nd, 2017, 07:09 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!

Yeah that's what I thought. Not that much of a problem !
Old January 23rd, 2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
The Dr.Goomonkey v. Simval pool of armies is:
* Command Courier x3, Warforged Soldiers x2, Major X17, Black Wyrmling x2, Siege
* Dumutef Guard, Frost Giant of Morh x2, Heirloom, Ogre Warhulk
* Nicholas Esenwein, Bloodburst Thrall x3, Preyblood Thrall x3, Deathstrike Thrall x2, Asterios, Sonya Esenwein
Dr.Goomonkey chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Simval chooses who places first.
Me and the Doctor just finished. It was a pretty one-sided game. Here is a detailed report, but you can skip to after the lines if you only want my conclusion.

My Brandar was on Krug, which sat with a couple of heavies on the left-most start zone, while his was on Asterios, in the start zone right next with some thralls and Sonya. My other zone was Tornak, Ashi-Dhulu, and some gruts, Dr. Goomonkey's other was four thralls and Nicholas.

Goomonkey won the first initiative roll and opened with a classic Deathstrike-Preyblood duo, while I advanced my heavies. One of them was in reach of a thrall, but Tornak was protected : I suspected he was the target of a deathstrike. Instead of falling in my trap, Dr. moed his two thralls in the snow heights and waited for me. On my second OM, I accepted his challenge and charged the deathstrike with my mounted orc : a kill ! The preyblood then died to two blows form the gruts. Happily for me, it wasn't Young-Nick playing next (obviously, with 7 move and flying, he was in range), but the thralls again, so that was cool. They advanced a bit, close to my orcs. Surprise, my third OM was on Ashi-Dhulu, who advanced in range of devouring the last Deathstrik thrall, hidden behind a glacier.

Initiative switch. (Key moment here.)

The Great Red Worm - yes red, I proxied Ashi with Moltenclaw, bear with me here - devoured the Deathstrike from beneath and killed the bloodburst that had followed him. He received disgusting goo from it and suffered a wound. Dr.'s first OM was on the Deathstrike, so he passed his turn. I was happy. My orcs advanced, one of them going to take a bath with Brandar. They were trying to stay out of threat of Nick as much as possible, but it was pretty hard. They then advanced again (OM 2 skipped), on Asterios this time. Tornak missed his blow but a crazy heavy grut managed 3 wounds on the minotaur, who had the Brandar glyph by the way ! And then Goomonkey finally played his Nick, but he chose to go closer to Ulaniva, weighting his options.

I kept initiative.

I thought a great deal about puting something on Ashi-Dhulu to eat the pesky thralls that Nick could bring back, but I just went all out : the glyph or nothing !

On the first turn, I put a wound on Asterios with Tornak. He only had two life left. Nick advanced, but instead of engaging me as I thought he'd do, he took Ulaniva. The orcs tried to wound the minotaur again, and put yet another wound on him. Then Asterios attacked all-out on Tornak, with Ulaniva too ! Remember, if he kills him, I can't play two turns with my heavies, so I can't kill Asterios and then claim the Brandar for the win.

Dr. Goomonkey rolls... 2 (or was it 1). My defense were 4 shields ! Tornak was fully healthy. Moment of truth... My last OM on the round on the Heavies. Tornak attacks... 3 skulls ! And Asterios, who only rolls 3 defense dice against heroes, gets only a shield and dies. The adjacent orc claims the glyph...

...and I win with all the glyphs ! Good game Dr. Goomonkey. As the good monkey said himself, putting two OMs on his Deathstrike thrall when he was the only one (and was in the devouring range of Ashi-Dhulu) was a mistake that helped me a great lot. I was ready to fight a to-the-death battle, yet getting three consecutive turns allowed me to approach Dr.'s glyph-bearer slowly and with a great deal of organisation, which ultimately gave me the win. It's also sad that Nicholas didn't have time to enter the fray.

Finally, the stats here, show that I had pretty good rolls (+6%). Please note, however, that his attack rolls and my defense rolls are not really representative since he only attacked once. Oh and don't mind that playtime. (Whut?)

Quote:
Dr.Goomonkey
Attack rolls: 2 out of 5 (40%)
Defense rolls: 15 out of 40 (37.5%)
Total dice rolled: 45
Time used: 21h, 17m, 2s

simval
Attack rolls: 28 out of 50 (56%)
Defense rolls: 4 out of 5 (80%)
Total dice rolled: 55
Time used: 11h, 19m, 33s
Thanks Dr. Goomonkey for the game.
And sorry everyone for the long read.
Old January 24th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Friend of humans

Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker Scapebot knows what's in an order marker
Round 2 is Chaos of Battle on Road Rage.

The I.S.B.3 (1-0) v. simval (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Wolves of Badru x3, Morgoloth, Werewolf Lord, Marcu Esenwein
* Capuan Gladiators x3, Spartacus, Retiarius, Theracus
simval chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, I.S.B.3 chooses who places first.

The TheEpicAlpaca (1-0) v. n00b (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Atlaga the Kyrie Warrior, Minions of Utgar x2, Protectors of Ullar x2, Isamu
* Phantom Knights x4, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Nilfheim
* Laglor, Krav Maga Agents, Major J15, Microcorp Agents x2, Isamu, Guilty McCreech
* Marro Hive, Marro Drones x4, Major Q10, Drow Chainfighter, Otonashi
n00b chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, TheEpicAlpaca chooses who places first.

The mtl1998 (1-0) v. dok (1-0) pool of armies is:
* B-11 Resistance Corps, Major Q10, Phantom Knights x4 (drop one)
* Azurite Warlord, Cyprien Esenwein, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Roman Legionnaires x3
* M-43 Resistance Fighters x3, B-11 Resistance Corps, Jarek Guy, Kira Jax, Akumaken
* Izumi Samurai, Kozuke Samurai, Tagawa Samurai, Tomoe Gozen, Ebon Armor, Eldgrim the Viking Champion
dok chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, mtl1998 chooses who places first.

The Ixe (1-0) v. Dysole (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Templar Cavalry x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Seleena, Kira Jax
* Wolves of Badru x4, Khosumet the Darklord, Isamu, Morgoloth
* Ashi-Dhulu, Laglor, Gorillitroopers x3
* Zettian Deathwings x3, Minions of Utgar x2, Torin, Drow Chainfighter x2
Dysole chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Ixe chooses who places first.

The kevindola (1-0) v. superfrog (1-0) pool of armies is:
* Werewolf Lord x2, Seleena, Phantom Knights x3, Marcu Esenwein
* Death Knights of Valkrill x4, Skull Demon x2, Air Elemental x3, Dumutef Guard x3, Otonashi (drop one)
* Urk, Horned Skull Brutes x4, Taelord the Kyrie Warrior
* Ashi-Dhulu, Minions of Utgar x3, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Marcu Esenwein
kevindola chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, superfrog chooses who places first.

The vegietarian18 (0-1) v. jcustar09 (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Red Ants of Aunstrom x2, Skeletons of Annellintia, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Sgt. Drake Alexander [RotV], Tyrian the Kyrie Warrior
* Xualtica Fire Ants x2, Tomb Skeletons, Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Calibrax the Kyrie Warrior
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV], Kurrok the Elementalist, Water Elemental x5, Fire Elemental x3, Air Elemental x3
* Axegrinders of Burning Forge x3, Mogrimm Forgehammer, Migol Ironwill, Ulfrid Hornwrangler
jcustar09 chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, vegietarian18 chooses who places first.

The Sir Heroscape (0-1) v. Kinseth (0-1) pool of armies is:
* 8th Infantry Pathfinder x8, Sgt. Drake Alexander [SotM], Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [RotV]
* Sudema, Crypt Guardian x3, Drow Chainfighter x4, Warden 816, Kira Jax
* Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x2, Omnicron Repulsors x3, Akumaken, Augamo (drop 1)
* Tomb Skeletons x3, Skull Demon x2, Horned Skull Brutes x2, Racheim (drop 2)
Kinseth chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Sir Heroscape chooses who places first.

The vegies dad (0-1) v. Chris Perkins (0-1) pool of armies is:
* Quahon, Fyorlag Spiders x3, Estivara, Nicholas Esenwein
* Nilfheim, Greenscale Warriors x3, Vulcanmech Incendiborgs
* Cyprien Esenwein, Sonya Esenwein, Marcu Esenwein, Mezzodemon Warmongers x5
* Raelin the Kyrie Warrior [SotM], Kaemon Awa, Marro Stingers x5 (drop one)
vegies dad chooses to pick armies first or second. After armies are picked, Chris Perkins chooses who places first.
Send PMs to vegietarian18 to schedule games with his dad

Dr. Goomonkey has a bye.

Last edited by dok; January 24th, 2017 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Bye player and corrected army lists

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events