Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old March 7th, 2019, 03:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Shang Tsung - Public Playtesting

If you have Monday or Tuesday testing possibility, might be good to pencil him in, in case either Arkham or I hit issues and Shang has to be tweaked and requires another test.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 7th, 2019, 03:36 PM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
If you have Monday or Tuesday testing possibility, might be good to pencil him in, in case either Arkham or I hit issues and Shang has to be tweaked and requires another test.
Sounds good. I was going to do him tomorrow or this weekend, but I can swap him out for something else and leap in if needed.

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 8th, 2019, 05:52 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I'll refrain from testing here since Spidey and Arkham may be enough. Also, the Initial Playtest is not yet linked in the OP. It would be helpful for army reference.

EDIT: Spidey, I'd recommend signing up for the units you plan to test on Sunday in the Playtesting thread. Not only does it indicate to the puclic that priority may be best on other units, it also shows them your hard work in testing and may encourage more testers.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old March 8th, 2019, 08:00 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

Scapey, thanks for the catch! Done and done!

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old March 8th, 2019, 09:39 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Since LV has signed up, I'll hold off on my tests until his and Spidey's are in, in case changes are made. I still have to mod/paint the mini, so if I don't end up testing, that's fine too. I like to get my hands on all of these to make sure they feel right, so we'll see what happens.
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:55 AM
C3G's First Fan

I agree that I want you to run him before release too. These designs are kinda your baby, I'm just the nanny/babysitter. Not sure what your time table was for getting to him, but you know mine because I was actually thinking along the same lines as you, Arkham.
On a side note, I'm curious what plan you have to mod him.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Can't wait to see this guy done! Looks like we're going to get him in the set!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:18 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

I got the mini done. I ended up using a different figure as I felt it would make for a better base for the character. I'll get the tutorial up soon. Here's how it turned out:

(it'll be a bit brighter/more saturated on the card, lighting wasn't the best for these pics)

I plan to do a setup like this for the release, but I'll wait 'til I have more light and get it properly structured etc:
Old March 9th, 2019, 07:25 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!

Hmmmmmm...might have to have you figure out a mod for a character I've been wanting to do. That looks amazing!

Last edited by Karat; March 9th, 2019 at 10:47 PM.
Old March 9th, 2019, 08:40 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Awesome!
Old March 10th, 2019, 04:30 AM
C3G's First Fan

Playtest from LordVenoc. I told him the Special Attacks stack. I'm a bit confused because he mentioned in his analysis that he felt it was close to overpowered, but the tests don't seem to really support that. As the first play tester and the faction oversight manager, please let me know your thoughts @Lazy Orang @Arkham
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVenoc
Done. I'm curious if he can shift into dead units (didn't actually come up). He was quite fun, but interesting to build around to see what you can do. 1 big win and a not so close lose. Let me know if you have questions!

- THEME TEST/ Feels great for Shang.
- MIRROR TEST/ Changing into himself feels like… a waste of a marker probably.
- BONDING TEST/ No issues.
- SYNERGIES TEST/ Can pair well with Star Lord, but his human status makes extra members a bit less flexible.
- POWER CHECK/ No issues.
- FUN TEST/ Very fun. Wish I felt more incentive to keep him in human form, but that might be the fault of picking people to intentionally try and shift him to.
- FUN COMPETITIVE TEST/ Stacking two of the same unit can get frustrating if luck is bad.
- DRAFTING TEST/ Definitely worth it I think.
- USAGE TEST/ Fist ability only came up once.
- STRATEGY TEST/ Special attack doesn’t quite feel like enough incentive to not shift. An extra round of the attack would help that, but the implication of a potential 4 skull -4 defense attack is probably too much. My bad luck with it the one time is probably the biggest blame.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Shang Tsung
Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Shang Tsung, Star-Lord, Cable vs Nightwing, Cyborg, Raven, Starfire, Lightning Bolt Spell x 1
Unit Summary
Damage: 1 wound put on Star Lord. He and Star Lord never moved.
Abilities: Shang shapeshifts 9 out of 19. 1 marker placed.
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Shang Tsung, Darkseid, Havok, Green Arrow (Conner) vs Professor X, Wolverine, Quicksilver, Deadpool
Unit Summary
Damage: 11 wounds dealt (3 soul steal, Darkseid, Wolverine, Quicksilver)
Abilities: 18 of 23 shifts successful. Flaming skulls used once, 0 wounds dealt with it. 3 markers placed.
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: He’s fun. Doesn’t feel to broken with the necessary die roll, which is surprisingly easy to forget on foe turns. Building around the shapeshift is interesting, and Cable feels like the most deadly partner in a Star Lord build. He can be a tough nut to crack in the right pair (double Darkseid is quite the wall), but can be brought down with enough fire power.
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He feels very much like the Shang Chi of the game to me. I tried to build armies around keeping him shifted, which after these games I don’t know if it is the best result. His most devastating was when he could shift to Wolverine when sitting by Darkseid. It is unclear to me if he can change into dead units. Luckily it didn’t really come up here (died fast after killing Wolverine). That fists attack is cool, but the aggravation of bad rolls makes it feel not worth it if you have a good shape change form.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero

RIP George Perez
Old March 10th, 2019, 06:25 AM

Looks good to me. Not seeing where he said it feels potentially overpowered. He seems to think it’s not powerful enough to warrant not shape shifting if possible, which is fine. It’s meant as an option for when he has no shape shift or when the shape shift isn’t the best option. His bad luck on the attempt with it I’m sure also played a factor.

He had about an equal win and loss, so nothing alarming.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library