Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old April 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM

HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness HouseMouseGames wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: HOUSE MOUSE EASTER SALE, Sun. Apr 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafleurhero View Post
One strange thing here at Cyborgs is that the Hero packs seem to go faster than common packs. I do price Hero packs lower than commons but not to the degree that Sandra or most other retailers that know the product well do.
It actually makes sense in a way, for the more casual 'scaper. In order to use the common squads to their best effect, you need to have 3+ squads of most of them. But most of the unique heroes, especially the ones that don't bond, are just fine by themselves. So if you're trying to put together a medium-sized collection, it makes more sense to just get one of each of the hero packs, and forget about the common packs.
I have a customer in Taiwan who buys dozens and dozens of HERO packs but no commons. When I asked why, he told me that because Heroscape is so difficult for them to obtain, they mostly just use Heroes for their armies. So his Hero sets are in great demand.
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Previous Version : lafleurhero

Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness Cyborgs Gaming wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseMouseGames View Post
Quote:
I am currently out of stock of all master sets in this store and had hoped to be able to pick up a great deal on some master sets.
I think I may have gotten the last few SotM master sets from WotC. I checked Alliance's inventory list, and they seem to be out of stock as well. Let me know if you locate another source.
I use Aladdin as my primary distributor. They are a small family owned business kinda like Cyborgs Puzzles and Games and Housemouse Games, so I prefer to do business with them. I also like their billing policies better. They seem to keep Heroscape available longer. Last time I ordered from them they still had wave 1,8, and 10 in stock, though were running low on 10. They still had plenty of SOTM last I checked, it has been almost one month though. I use Alliance as a backup and have actually only ordered from them twice. I also have direct accounts with FFG, Chessex, and GW though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
One strange thing here at Cyborgs is that the Hero packs seem to go faster than common packs. I do price Hero packs lower than commons but not to the degree that Sandra or most other retailers that know the product well do.
It actually makes sense in a way, for the more casual 'scaper. In order to use the common squads to their best effect, you need to have 3+ squads of most of them. But most of the unique heroes, especially the ones that don't bond, are just fine by themselves. So if you're trying to put together a medium-sized collection, it makes more sense to just get one of each of the hero packs, and forget about the common packs.
I guess it was silly of me to say it was strange. I actually already know that uniques are great for people looking to build a playable army without having to spend a lot of money. I often point out how a person can buy one of each wave 8 hero packs and a set of dice (which I sell for $2 along with a set of order and wound markers), and have a playable army at a variety of points for less than $25. Even I don't own every common out there, (in fact I own less now than I did 6 months ago), but I do own every unique pack out there.
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:41 PM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Yay, another House Mouse Sale!
Old April 24th, 2011, 04:17 PM

Pygon knows what's in an order marker Pygon knows what's in an order marker

I ordered another set of Roman soldiers and Warriors of Ashra.
Old April 24th, 2011, 07:22 PM

5ohscaper Woo who?

21 packs bought and I am already budgeting for the next sale! I think I am addicted. I didn't even bat an why when my wife told me she was going to buy a bigger dining room table and new chairs even though the table and chairs cost more than my collection at current eBay prices. All I could see was the repurposing of the old table as my new gaming table.
Old April 24th, 2011, 07:34 PM

mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness mrcrimson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Even though they werent on sale, I couldnt pass on an opportunity to by a forrest and jungle set each. Plans for buying a firestorm army will have to wait till the next sale.
Old April 24th, 2011, 07:40 PM

sword4hire knows what's in an order marker sword4hire knows what's in an order marker

Rounded out my D13 and Romans and got a pack of elementals. Sorry I missed out on the Dividers/Protectors though. Even with shipping, about $10 a pack. Solid.

Last edited by sword4hire; April 24th, 2011 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:07 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

5x Bugbears and Orcs + 5x Ogre and Goblins =

18.23 for shipping =

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:28 PM

elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby! elvenwizard9 rolls all skulls baby!

I ordered three packs of Glaun Bog Raiders and two of the wave eight Soldiers and Wolves! These will be great additions to my armies... Check out my topic in the Competitive Armies forum to see al the different builds I'm going to try with a core of Charos+Greenscales!
Old April 25th, 2011, 04:59 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dang, I missed out on Dividers? I'm never going to get all of mine. Had a great Easter though.
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:35 AM

cavebehr has disabled reputation

Hope it was great for one and all, hope you have another one soon Sandra.?
Old April 25th, 2011, 09:45 AM

ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness ozzy-scaper wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Missed the sale (due to time zone difference). What were the 'special items' Sandra hinted at last week? Anyone pick up some hard-to-find surprises?

G.

Betty or Veronica...?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News