Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day
National Heroscape Day Events listing and discussion about National Heroscape day.

Notices

Old September 12th, 2014, 08:55 AM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Hexes in Texas - NHSD 2014

Date: Sunday October 19th, 2014

Time: Setup at 11:30 am; event starts at 12:30....ish

3000 Custer Road
Suite #310
Plano TX 75075
972-943-8135

Cost: No Charge!!! Optional prize table item. If you have the means and desire to bring prize tables items, please feel free to do so.

Army Construction:
  • Point limit: 530
  • Starting spaces: 24 hexes
  • No marvel allowed
  • Restricted List: Each army can only have one card which is on the restricted list below (you can have multiples of the same common). Example: An army can have Raelin, but then you can't have Krav, or rats, etc. If you have Major Q9, you can't have Stingers, etc.
Restricted List:
Spoiler Alert!

Maps and Glyphs:
Spoiler Alert!

Attendee list:

1. Dignan
2. R˙chean
3. TMac
4. dragon
5. RexMax
6. Nathanathonius
7. Valcor
8. william
10. CheddarLimbo
11. Lightbringer
12. LB's Brother
13. LB's Brother's son
14. LB's Brother's son's friend
15. DrLivingston
16. Puffy
17. Rod

Maybes
1. capsocrates
2. Velenne

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Last edited by Dignan; October 18th, 2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old September 12th, 2014, 08:59 AM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Hexes in Texas - NHSD 2014

Alright, we've got to decide a few things:

1. Which day works best for everyone? It will be either Saturday the 18th or Sunday the 19th. I believe there were a few people the last few years who could only make it on Sunday. Plus, Madness has more space for us on Sundays than Saturdays.
  2. Points for armies. We've been all over the map on points. We just need to figure out where we want to land this year. There was discussion of going a little higher with the points this year to avoid someone spamming 4th Mass.
  3. Restricted List. This goes along with point 2. The last few years, we've used the restricted list in some form or fashion. I'm a fan of it. But it's worth discussing.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old September 17th, 2014, 07:50 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Thanks Dignan for getting the thread and conversation going.

My schedule reverted back to working Saturdays so I vote Sunday the 19th.

Point total - I don't care too much so long as it isn't a point total that makes 6x4th mass an obvious play.

I like restricted list too, but looking at how it did nothing to stop the 6x4th build last year, it may be time to try it again without it.

Any other thoughts? Any others interested?

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old September 18th, 2014, 09:43 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I can make either day, am not too picky on the points, and am opinion-less on the restricted list.
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:34 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I'm considering trying to make it to this event on top of my other one. We'll see how work and everything else lines up.

As far as the Restricted List, have you considered an alternate format altogether? Something like Cut the Cake, or something even weirder like IL's NHSD format?

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:40 PM

dragon has disabled reputation

Can I get in on this?
Old September 19th, 2014, 08:34 AM
Joseph King, Retired

Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby! Rexmax2 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon View Post
Can I get in on this?
Sure! its always great to have more people. And I hope to be bringing the super six!
,me
Nathanathonius
Valcor
Connor
Caderade
william

hmmm, event wise what if we did a pick your poison high point value? i dunno really i am just saying something.

Jokes Everyday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Status View Post
theats, allow me to introduce you to Rexmax2 he's our personal Heroscaper entertainer .
Old September 19th, 2014, 09:26 AM

NHSD is the one event we try to keep as traditional as possible. In the past few years, we've started using the restricted list as a way to curb some of the power builds. However, that's about as far as most of us want to go with mixing things up for NHSD. The other events we have during the year are really the venue for the alternate formats.

So it's really a question of whether we want to use the restricted list again or if we want to just open up everything like "the good old days". I'm fine with either one, though I think I prefer restricted list NHSD events.

Also, I think Sunday is the best day for our event. So we'll move forward with that unless something crazy pops up.

Old September 19th, 2014, 04:46 PM

twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness twilkerson wears ripped pants of awesomeness

There's a 50% chance that iRNman and I will make this one. We should know for sure in the next couple of weeks.

Either day is good, 500 points neighborhood is preferred, and no opinion on restrictions.
Old September 19th, 2014, 10:29 PM
SLAYER OF GRUNGEBOB

Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Tmac2200 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

How about 530 points with the restricted list?
Old September 20th, 2014, 12:34 AM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac2200 View Post
How about 530 points with the restricted list?
I'm fine with that.

Restricted 530 24 hex.

I'll drop a line to Chris at madness for 10/19.

A must read for all 'Scapers!

Last edited by R˙chean; September 20th, 2014 at 12:37 AM. Reason: 5xlegos, MBS, MDG, & Mogrimm
Old September 20th, 2014, 08:23 PM

LightBringer has disabled reputation

I will try to get Velenne, my brother, his son, and maybe son's friend + myself to come. So somewhere between 1 and 5 of us will try to make it.

A while ago, there was that competitive units group. Seems like in addition to making poor guys better we could take the edge off some of the guys in the restricted list, maybe by just changing the point cost on some of them. If the Mass were 100 pts each, that would slow them down a little bit.

I know we don't like to mess with "official" scape at the October event so maybe this isn't the time for it. But if the "Dallas group" agreed on using the competitive unit adjustments that would open up some new builds and it would almost be like getting new figures again. Then we wouldn't have to use the restricted list anymore but we would still see some of the change it is intended to create. Just an idea for you guys to consider.

Thanks a lot to Jason and Mark for keeping this event running.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > National Heroscape Day