Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape
Heroes of Star Wars Scape The place for all your Star Wars customs needs.

Old December 8th, 2014, 06:42 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The Public design of Hoth Han

This new change is much needed. Before, on the version with healing, if Han were adjacent to Chewi and Han took enough wounds to be destroyed Chewie would've saved him with Life Debt, then Han would've saved Chewie with his Tauntaun, and they both would've shown up next to 2-1B in the start zone.

And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and you will receive eternal life."
But John came fifth, and won a toaster.
My Customs
Old December 8th, 2014, 07:41 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolster25 View Post
This new change is much needed. Before, on the version with healing, if Han were adjacent to Chewi and Han took enough wounds to be destroyed Chewie would've saved him with Life Debt, then Han would've saved Chewie with his Tauntaun, and they both would've shown up next to 2-1B in the start zone.
Not necessarily. Chewie's Life Debt would trigger when Han is attacked (i.e. - during an opponent's turn). Chewie would be destroyed. Han cannot use the Smelled Bad on the Outside power until his turn, at which point Chewie would not be a figure adjacent to Han with at least one wound.
Old December 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM

Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby! Koolster25 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolster25 View Post
Not necessarily. Chewie's Life Debt would trigger when Han is attacked (i.e. - during an opponent's turn). Chewie would be destroyed. Han cannot use the Smelled Bad on the Outside power until his turn, at which point Chewie would not be a figure adjacent to Han with at least one wound.
Alright so maybe it's not exactly possible. But its definitely something to avoid. Or put a really high price tag on.

My Customs
Old January 23rd, 2015, 10:55 AM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Would this guy be a scout?

What about a third ability that either has something to do with scouting or attacking? Right now we've got 'just' something that can rescue a figure. I like it, but it still feels kind of flat.

I was just thinking about the scene where Han and Chewie work together to hit the Probe Droid.

CLEVER NAME
When an opponent's figure (or hero) within 5 clear sight spaces of Tauntaun Han attacks a Hero you control, after placing wound markers and destroying figures, reveal the X marker on Tauntaun Han and roll 1 unblockable attack die against that figure.

Or make a normal attack instead of the unblockable attack die. Call it something like "Ambush", "Shot in the Back", "Coordinated Trap" or something like that.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old January 23rd, 2015, 12:35 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Sounds too much like turn interruption, which is a no-no.
Old January 23rd, 2015, 02:25 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

"After an opponent attacks a Hero you control with a Hero figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Tauntaun Han, that opponent must roll an attack die. If he rolls a skull, that Hero receives one wound."

If an opponent comes around Tauntaun Han, he should probably shoot at him, because if he shoots someone else, sneaky Tauntaun Han will make a potshot. The ability is strong, but the opponent has a choice if he wants to take the chance or not. A Deathwalker shouldn't try it.

Another idea:

"After a turn in which an opponent's figure within 5 clear sight spaces of Tauntaun Han attacked a Unique Hero you control, which was not destroyed by the attack, you may reveal the X order marker on Tauntaun Han's card and immediately take a turn with Tauntaun Han in which he may only attack."

Or maybe make it an end-of-the-round, 4th turn ability where he can shoot with the X-marker if the enemy figure shot at a friendly hero.

I kind of like the idea of something similar to one of these (I actually really like the first one in this post). It feels like the Shoot First ability of normal Han, and it might be cool to kind of keep that similarity.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old February 22nd, 2015, 10:57 PM

Just thought this thread could use a
When you've got a rough enough draft and are ready for playtesting I'll be happy to playtest

My Customs
Old February 22nd, 2015, 11:29 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Han Solo, Hoth
Rebel Alliance

Human
Unique Hero
Scoundrel
Loyal
MEDIUM 5

Life 5
Move 5
Range 7
Attack 4
Defense 4
Points ???

TAUNTAUN MOUNT
Start the game with a white Tauntaun Marker on this card. While the Tauntaun Marker is on this card, Han Solo has a Move of 7, Range of 5, and Attack of 3 instead of what is on this card. He is also considered to be large X for any special powers. Whenever Han Solo would receive one or more wounds from an attack, you may ignore the wounds and remove the Tauntaun Marker instead.

TAUNTAUN CARRY
Before moving Han Solo, if the Tauntaun Marker is on this card, you may choose an unengaged friendly small or medium figure adjacent to Han Solo. After you move Han Solo, place the chosen figure adjacent to Han Solo.

AND I THOUGHT THEY SMELLED BAD ON THE OUTSIDE
After moving and instead of attacking, you may choose a wounded small or medium friendly figure adjacent to Han Solo and remove the Tauntaun Marker from this card. After removing the Tauntaun Marker, place Han Solo and the chosen figure on any empty spaces in your Start Zone.

SNOW AND ICE ENHANCED MOVEMENT
Slippery Ice and Heavy Snow only count as 1 space when moving.
Old February 23rd, 2015, 03:34 AM
wants to have Anne Hathaway's babies

Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby! Schulzy rolls all skulls baby!

I disagree with the use of a marker to represent the Tauntaun. If a figure is medium but acts like a large figure, people are straight up going to play him incorrectly. Plus, haven't we already established the use of the Han on Tauntaun figure?
Old February 23rd, 2015, 06:07 AM

I agree with Schulzy. Maybe it would be more fitting to turn it around and have the Tauntaun figure be the standard, still use the marker, and he simply gets different stats after the Tauntaun dies. Unofficial gameplay could swap Tauntaun Han for Hoth Han because it looks more fitting.

Other than that aspect, I somewhat question the usefulness of the Smell Bad ability. In most cases on normal sized maps (around 2 master sets and 2 expansions), I don't think it would be a good idea to withdraw two figures from the field back to their starting zones, especially without further incentive other than they are in the SZ. A MASH build with Han and a healer is almost too much effort and requires too many OMs, leaving the enemy free to take dominant positions in the middle or advance and attack.

The Smell Bad ability might also be redundant with the carry ability, which might oftentimes be able to achieve exactly the same thing without killing the Tauntaun.

The card doesn't look too bad when the Smell Bad ability is simply dropped. Carry, snow movement and the killable Tauntaun to avoid wounds on Han seems thematic enough. I don't think it's worth the effort trying to bend over backwards to get the Smell Bad ability to work.

I'd also go with Scout, but that's just my two cents.

Jugger

Old February 23rd, 2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai-Pan View Post
I agree with Schulzy. Maybe it would be more fitting to turn it around and have the Tauntaun figure be the standard, still use the marker, and he simply gets different stats after the Tauntaun dies. Unofficial gameplay could swap Tauntaun Han for Hoth Han because it looks more fitting.

Other than that aspect, I somewhat question the usefulness of the Smell Bad ability. In most cases on normal sized maps (around 2 master sets and 2 expansions), I don't think it would be a good idea to withdraw two figures from the field back to their starting zones, especially without further incentive other than they are in the SZ. A MASH build with Han and a healer is almost too much effort and requires too many OMs, leaving the enemy free to take dominant positions in the middle or advance and attack.

The Smell Bad ability might also be redundant with the carry ability, which might oftentimes be able to achieve exactly the same thing without killing the Tauntaun.

The card doesn't look too bad when the Smell Bad ability is simply dropped. Carry, snow movement and the killable Tauntaun to avoid wounds on Han seems thematic enough. I don't think it's worth the effort trying to bend over backwards to get the Smell Bad ability to work.

I'd also go with Scout, but that's just my two cents.
If the Smell Bad power is dropped altogether, I would like to see an Aggresive Scouting power take its place (like the ideas at the start of the thread). Maybe something like the Templars, so he gets a bonus if the figure was X spaces away. It could be a once per round thing with the X marker, or it could last the whole round like Crag of Steel.
I just think it would be fun and thematic to have Han rushing ahead and riding all over the board shooting people.

My Customs
Old February 23rd, 2015, 10:08 AM

The idea of having an extra attack against a figure that wasn't within range at the beginning of his turn was cool. Gameplay-wise, that would turn Tauntaun Han into a kind of shark that constantly runs in and out of range in order to maximize his offensive firepower, or continues to run along the edges of enemy lines in order to continually get the bonus attack. Like a range-version of First Assault or the Templar's charge, which would be much more effective if those figures could freely disengage. The ranged version of the power would cause it to be a highly mobile figure that wants to keep on the move and not just park on the highest point in the map - offering a somewhat unique style of play.

Jugger

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Heroes of Star Wars Scape