Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old October 30th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurei-Ornery View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mmirg View Post
I was at CoolStuff last night to pick up about 20 games/exps (yes, we did our Christmas shopping--and most of that is staying in the home)--I am absolutely giddy about the holidays now!
If I were picking up 20ish games & expansions to give at Christmas, and having most of them stay in the house, I'd be giddy about the holidays too!
The problem is most, if not all, at least in my house, would be open by Thanksgiving. I know first hand.
Thanksgiving is still "the holidays" right?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Yeah, one of the best parts about having three kids is that means even more games to open! (Though I'm guessing once they move out, I'll be hard pressed not to keep getting as many--for the biggest kid in the house--me!)

We have a few boxes high in our closet that are for presents. We slowly fill them year round (sales, etc.) and then pull them down as birthdays, etc., come along and pull things out, wrap them up, and rinse and repeat all year long.

It is hard to not open things (really, really hard), but we've got pretty good about it. Right now is the hardest time at all, because all the boxes are full as is another huge duffel in tucked back in the floor of the closet. And 90% of it is games.

Patience is a virtue--and I'm working on that virtue really hard right now!
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
We have a few boxes high in our closet that are for presents. We slowly fill them year round (sales, etc.) and then pull them down as birthdays, etc., come along and pull things out, wrap them up, and rinse and repeat all year long.

It is hard to not open things (really, really hard), but we've got pretty good about it. Right now is the hardest time at all, because all the boxes are full as is another huge duffel in tucked back in the floor of the closet. And 90% of it is games.
So about your kids... Do they not know about what is stored in this closet?

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old October 30th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Quote:

So about your kids... Do they not know about what is stored in this closet?
I think my daughter (15) may have figured it out, but she seems fine (and she knows better).

The boxes are all the same plain white and are mixed in with ones labeled (and actually for) Halloween costumes, Projects/Parts, etc. They know there are boxes there, but I believe they think most of them are just DIY items, extra socket covers or extension cords, etc.

I know it's just a matter of time, but so far they are still genuinely surprised when I have picked something up, then it goes out of stock and they think it's gone--but I have it wrapped up for them on their birthday!

(This Christmas it will be the Millenium Falcon from X-Wing--CoolStuff has said Out of Stock for a while, but I got one of the last ones at B&N. I always make sure to show them the Out of Stock items on CoolStuff, so they think they aren't going to be able to have that. Then it blows their minds when I have one for them! What's that saying, "cruel to be kind"--it's fun for them to be excited. )
Old October 30th, 2014, 10:20 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Slightly off topic, yet still related, but GOG now has the Upgraded Special Editions of the original PC games X-Wing and TIE Fighter available to run pn modern PCs for $10 each.

I spent many an hour flying an X-Wing back in the 90s...
GAH! And I almost wish you hadn't shared that!

I used to play X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter on my 98 Desktop when I was a kid.
Me too! (if mid-30's considered being a kid)

I see I missed out on another round of the Great Monopoly Debate. Oh well, maybe next time.

I've been playing a lot of Battle of Five Armies with my newly painted minis! Love that game and it is SO much better when you are not staring at piles of red and blue plastic.

Not sure if this counts but I just got the Small World 2 app for my phone. I had never played the board game version before, thought it looked good, but figured I would have a hard time getting it to the table. Hurray apps with AI and solo mode!

Of course, this app also caused me to stumble upon pictures of the Small World Collector's Edition. Oh my gosh!!! It's a thing of beauty worthy of a place alongside my WotR:CE. And the thing was buried in a Kickstarter for the SW app!

I will keep my eyes peeled for a retail copy once it hits the streets. Did I mention it is gorgeous?
Old October 31st, 2014, 09:15 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The great Monopoly debate only ends if no one else wants to say anything about it!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 31st, 2014, 11:51 AM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The great Monopoly debate only ends if no one else wants to say anything about it!
Now you're just trolling.
Old October 31st, 2014, 11:56 AM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So... about that Free Parking
Old October 31st, 2014, 01:13 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
Not sure if this counts but I just got the Small World 2 app for my phone. I had never played the board game version before, thought it looked good, but figured I would have a hard time getting it to the table. Hurray apps with AI and solo mode!

Of course, this app also caused me to stumble upon pictures of the Small World Collector's Edition. Oh my gosh!!! It's a thing of beauty worthy of a place alongside my WotR:CE. And the thing was buried in a Kickstarter for the SW app!

I will keep my eyes peeled for a retail copy once it hits the streets. Did I mention it is gorgeous?
I saw it too, simply stunning. But never having played the game and seeing the upwards of $400 price tag. I think I'm going to stay away.

Old October 31st, 2014, 02:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Played Dominion with my wife over lunch break. Still going through all the Hinterland "presets," and today was Hinterland + Dominion (the base game). I won with 5 Provinces and other stuff. In a 1v1 Dominion game it is all about the Provinces.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 31st, 2014, 04:49 PM

Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Good Pig is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

So any of you guys play the Star Realms app?
Old October 31st, 2014, 04:57 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Yup. Love it.

I beat the hard AI almost half the time. I'm not sure how much better I can get; sometimes I feel like there's nothing I could have done to catch up after the AI scoops a few good cards at the beginning & I am not so fortunate.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games