Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old January 26th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Popsicle stick Admiral

Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rocktroll is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Exclusive Figures Repaints - A How-To Guide to all

Give me untill tomorrow and Ill get you the closest color I can find to games workshop, I have to find Apple barrel first online so I can compare the colors, ( Doesnt help that Games workshop has like 7 browns
Old January 26th, 2011, 08:09 PM

Fatboy Chubby is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktroll View Post
Give me untill tomorrow and Ill get you the closest color I can find to games workshop, I have to find Apple barrel first online so I can compare the colors, ( Doesnt help that Games workshop has like 7 browns
Awesome, many thanks RT

My Trade List
GOOD TRADES: Screwdriver, Rodriquez X2, Gurei-Ornery X2
Old January 26th, 2011, 10:39 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

@ Rocktroll: when you did the Woo repaint, did you apply a wash to the robe and pants after painting him? If so, what color paint did you use for the wash?
Old January 26th, 2011, 11:16 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Chubby View Post
Hi! Sorry is A'pple barrel' a brand name or is that a GW paint colour?
Apple Barrel is a brand, really cheap (97 cents a bottle), found at Walmart and Hobby Lobby. I don't know if you can find it in Australia, though.
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:30 PM

wilabill1 is surprisingly tart

What clear coat do you guys use on your repainted figures? I just painted a Agent Skahen and I need to clear coat it. Any advice?

Buylist + good traders

Updated 3/19/2018
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:35 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilabill1 View Post
What clear coat do you guys use on your repainted figures? I just painted a Agent Skahen and I need to clear coat it. Any advice?
I personally don't use a clear coat. I used to, but the one I used made the figures really sticky, and they started to collect dust and fuzz, which was really gross.

Someone here suggested a better brand to me, but I don't remember what it was, or who told me.
Old January 27th, 2011, 10:58 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

I've used PLAID brand "Patricia Nimock's Clear Acrylic Sealer Matte":

http://www.plaidonline.com/productDe...temID=CS200307

It seemed to work well. I think I got it at Walmart, but I can't remember.
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:16 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I use a light coat of Testors Dullcote (think that's how it's spelled). Protects the paint but doesn't add shine. I also use this on the lava, ice, and snow tiles I've painted.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Chubby View Post
Hi! Sorry is A'pple barrel' a brand name or is that a GW paint colour?
Apple Barrel is a brand, really cheap (97 cents a bottle), found at Walmart and Hobby Lobby. I don't know if you can find it in Australia, though.
Thanks for that we dont have walmart (yet) but there are rumours. I guess any brown will probably do ok though 9as long as its close!)

My Trade List
Old January 30th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilabill1 View Post
I personally don't use a clear coat. I used to, but the one I used made the figures really sticky, and they started to collect dust and fuzz, which was really gross.

Someone here suggested a better brand to me, but I don't remember what it was, or who told me.
Using a clear coat is a tricky decision, I used to paint a lot of Games Workshop figures (the cost! the cost! still makes me squirm!) Anyway using a clearcoat matt varnish will protect your paint job from the grease and acid on our fingers and thus your figure will look good for much longer. However t will slightly darken your figures paint job too so try to use as thin a layer as possible.

Often when you brush on a clearcoat it will look goopy and hazy but most quality brands will dry clear. An alternative is to find a spray can of clearcoat paint and using it outside in 3/4 of a cardboard box from a distance of about 1 foot in short bursts will give you a nice thin even coat. I spray mine like this then turn them to do the other side. Place it on a pice of A4 paper so you can turn the figure in the box without touching it.

Hope this helps...

My Trade List
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:53 PM

rommel1369 is surprisingly tart

I have a bunch of Nerak's and want to repaint them in to Swog Riders. Does anyone know the exact colours used? Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Or if someone simply wants to trade a swog for nerak messege me :P

A few maps http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=30190
Good Trades-KTZ-XXleprecaunXX, Vydar, generalgina, chaoserver
Old May 17th, 2011, 09:21 PM
Old and Boring

Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fuzzie Fuzz wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommel1369 View Post
I have a bunch of Nerak's and want to repaint them in to Swog Riders. Does anyone know the exact colours used? Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Or if someone simply wants to trade a swog for nerak messege me :P
No idea, but this post made me laugh so hard. +Rep from a guy who remembers when Neraks were $100 on eBay.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions