Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports
Battle Reports Reports of your Heroscape Battles

Notices

Old November 28th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: A_Train's Pictured Battle Reports / Predict the Victor

New Guy:Agent Carr, Agent Skahen, Nakita Agents, Krav Maga Agents, Gladiatrons
Brian: Tarn Vikings, Warriors of Ashra x 2, SOTM Drake, Izumi Samurai and Kozuke Samurai.
VS
Chazz: Alistair MacDirk, MacDirk Warriors x 3, and Sonlen
A_Train: Ne Gok Sa, Grok Riders x2, Marro Stingers x 2 Marro Warriors

Alright here we go. Things start up with NewGuy working up the side of the board. The agents get into range of Chazz's Alistair MacDirk and put a couple wounds on him, but that's really what Chazz wants anyway, isn't it?

With the benefit of roads and a couple of bezerker bonuses, Brian's Tarns quickly move in on A_Train's marro Warriors and take down one of them.

I move three stingers into position...

Charge em up to take on some Tarns but oh no, a fail. I kill a stinger in the back of my lines.

NewGuy's Kravs on elevation have no problem dealing with the advancing MacDirk warriors.

All the Tarns combine to take on another Marro Warrior. This leaves me with three stingers with elevation on two Tarns, I try the Stinger Charge again...

Dammit, again? I kill one in the back.

Sonlen moves forward to use some range on the Kravs. Even though they are strong against it, and have elevation, he manages to get a shot in.

I lose a third Stinger to a poor 20d roll. That makes a whole squad down without being attacked. And it gave Brian three turns unharmed. I think i swore the Stingers off at this point.

The Tarns move in and kill the first Stinger on their own.

Sonlen engages the Kravs, negating their Stealth Dodge, he also misses on the Dragon swoop.

Ne Gok Sa moves in and uses elevation to take out the goggled Viking.

And his Grok Rider support rush in the take out two more.

This was kinda disappointing since on his next turn, Ne Gok Sa MindShackled the Tarns.

The Groks and MacDirks advance as a force, to support Sonlen against NewGuy's Agents. Sonlen has been wounded 3 times. Alistair is up to 4, giving the Warriors an attack of six!

Those six dice are perfect for slicing down Agents.

Brian finally sends a big hitter in, and Drake uses his range pistol attack to send a Marro warrior tumbling over the bridge in old cowboy film style!

The MacJerks finish of the final Krav Agent.

But NewGuy has sent in the Nakitas as support, and they drop another MacDirk warrior.

The Groks teamed with Ne gok Sa are trying to stay out of range of Drake, so the other squad advance on the the Nakitas, taking advantage of their large size to avoid the engagement strikes.

The Nakitas bring Sonlen to five wounds...

Now that Drake has advanced, Ne Gok Sa and the Riders close in. Sgt Drake is quickly brought up to four wounds.

The third Grok Rider engages the Nakitas to prevent them from attacking Sonlen.

Drake manages four skulls on Ne Gok Sa, but the marro blocks it perfectly with four shields. Sonlen fails to heal himself, or harm the Nakitas. The Grok Rider survives one attack, but the second shot kills him He served well as a decoy, keeping NewGuy from attacking the more valuable Sonlen.

The Grok's and their Warlord finish of Jandar's posterboy.

MacDirk Warriors cannot even engage the Nakitas, as they are struck down.

Grok Riders to the rescue! That ends the Nakita Agents.

Agent Skahen steps onto the scene, and drops a Grok Rider. She uses this as Cover Fire for Agent Carr to move forward. Meanwhile Sonlen heals himself of one wound, bringing him down to four.

A lone Grok storms Skahen and puts a single wound on her. Sonlen heals himself, but charges into battle at half health.

And is put away by Skahen.

Brian's Izumis manage to strike down a Grok Rider.

But the Groks's paired with Ne Gok Sa take out the two Agent Heroes leaving Mike with just Gladiatrons.

The Izumis take out a Marro Warrior and a Marro Cavalry.

Ne Gok Sa has failed to Mind shackle anythign since the Tarn, despite ample opportunities. Fortunatly his mark of the Warlord has been a perfect booster for the offense of the Groks.

The Izumi takes one MacDirk down with him before falling to their boosted attacks.

The final Izumi proves to be a task for the Marros, as he counter strikes and kill on his own attack.

A Swarm of boosted MacJerks do the job though.

The gladiatrons move in and put the hurt on a Scotsman.

The Kozuke charge forward and take out another.

Ne Gok sa fails a mindshackle but beats out the defense of the Kozuke to kill one.

The MacDirk drops another.

But is quickly killed in revenge.

The gladiatrons fall in quick succession.

The final glad strikes down another MacDirk Warrior, but the numbers of Scotsmen are overwhelming.

Meanwhile the Marro Wariors have cloned to full squad capabilities again.
The Warriors of Ashra stand strong against the MacDirk's boosted attacks, but fall easily to the Marro range.

The women take out the final MacDirk.

The Ashra Warriors fall to Marros.

One succeeds in killing a marro, but her sisters still fall as the Warriors try to keep the Warlord alive.

With now Warriors of Ashra in range, the Marro take pot shots at Theracus.

The Warriros of Ashra drop Ne Gok Sa who was left without order markers for more than a round by now.

And The Marro Warriors finish off the enemy. (With a picture that is inexplicably smaller than the rest...

Thanks for playing! I was really happy to see the Grok Riders do well as I want to like this unit, but fint it goes down to range too easily. Not so, this time. The MacDirks were fun to watch once they got some wounds on Alistair.
This was also our first game with a painted Skahen. She seems like she will be a fun unit to play.

The next battle is a singles match between Patrick and myself on Velenne's Feyleund Fountain.

Patrick: Kaemon Awa, Ninjas of the Northern Wind, Sonlen and Isamu.

A_Train: Grimnak, Heavy Gruts x 2, Kee mo Shi (blocked perfectly by the tree) and Otonashi.

Last edited by A_Train; September 13th, 2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old November 28th, 2008, 01:21 AM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm voting A_Train.

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old November 28th, 2008, 01:40 AM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

GG.

A_Train... you don't need to roll for Stinger Drain all the time. In fact, it's often much better if you don't. Stingers on height (i.e. 4A) vs. the Tarns (e.g. 4D) already have a slightly greater than 50% chance of killing a Tarn with each attack (so with 3 attacks per OM, that's roughly 1.5 Tarns dead per OM... I like those odds! Haha).

Rule of Thumb:
Only roll for Stinger Drain when facing multi-lifepoint heroes:
- with 5 or more defense when you don't have height advantage
or
- with 7 or more defense when you have height advantage (e.g. Q9)

Even then, it isn't necessary to roll for Stinger Drain... it just increases the likelihood that your attack will inflict wounds (should you get the +1A boost and not end up being screwed).

Next game prediction:
A_Train ftw.

Last edited by mccombju; November 28th, 2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old November 28th, 2008, 02:19 AM

0ros is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This is my first post, I have been playing hero scape since the summer and am loving it! I went to the Uconn national heroscape day event and was the mid twenties guy who was the only one who didn't own a pack of the elves, so when no one else wanted it I got it for free! (irl name is Roscoe)

I have just read this entire post in one sitting (more then 4 hours I think, I read slow). I can't get enough, this is entertainment! I have been playing along and not doing to well these last few battles. Oh well.

But enough introducing myself, what I expect happens is:
Patric is unable to cut down advancing guts fast enough and is overwhelmed. Need some 4 member ranged squads to deal with that A-Train's picks. Also, kravs could run and gun for a bit till they get cornered, AE or Q9 could fix your problems with heavy firepower, and Jotan could make some hilariously powerful choppy time! Melee squads that aren't more then blockers are going to fail vs this army. I include rats in about half my armies.

My bet is therefore on A-train! It's gettin' orcy.
Old November 28th, 2008, 02:20 AM

0ros is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

This mccombju is a smart fella.
Old November 28th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Warning! Reading my posts may make you smarter

mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness mccombju wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ros View Post
This mccombju is a fart smella.
Fixed.
Old November 28th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Battle Reporter

A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness A_Train wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccombju View Post
GG.

A_Train... you don't need to roll for Stinger Drain all the time. In fact, it's often much better if you don't. Stingers on height (i.e. 4A) vs. the Tarns (e.g. 4D) already have a slightly greater than 50% chance of killing a Tarn with each attack (so with 3 attacks per OM, that's roughly 1.5 Tarns dead per OM... I like those odds! Haha).

Rule of Thumb:
Only roll for Stinger Drain when facing multi-lifepoint heroes:
- with 5 or more defense when you don't have height advantage
or
- with 7 or more defense when you have height advantage (e.g. Q9)

Even then, it isn't necessary to roll for Stinger Drain... it just increases the likelihood that your attack will inflict wounds (should you get the +1A boost and not end up being screwed).

Next game prediction:
A_Train ftw.
I know I probably shouldn't have rolled for Stinger drain, but I get stubborn. Especially after losing a Stinger on the first attempt, I figure "What are the chances of that happening twice in a row" and then "three times in a row".
Apparently, good odds.

Thanks for the advice though.

And welcome to the forums Oros, I'm glad you choose this thread as your starting place. I hope you enjoy playing along!
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:35 AM

edridtc123 Woo who?

A_Train ftw
Old November 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
All growed up

Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Einar's puppy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, here's the question, do I go with the squads, or do I go with the army that might just have enough attacks and staying power to drop these squads? I trust in KA and Sonlen to get at least 1 kill per turn, and the ninjas to kill grimnack.

Patrick ftw
Old November 28th, 2008, 12:03 PM

roostertail9000 is surprisingly tart

A_Trian all the way!

Boise ID Scaper
Old November 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Forums Good I Has

J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker J-Unit94 knows what's in an order marker

Patrick

Old November 28th, 2008, 03:10 PM

Blazemane has disabled reputation

You... you gotta' be kidding me.

Uh... uh...

Ninjas always give me a headache, but Grimnak can easily just Chomp them down.

Uh... Patrick. Patrick.

Look, I'm sorry, but if you don't have the commom sense to be afraid of the Marro Warriors, someone's gonna have to teach you a lesson in humility, and it's probably going to be them who do it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Battle Reports