Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs
AotV Customs A place for Arena of the Valkyrie Customs

Notices

Old September 1st, 2019, 12:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Testing

I like the wording.

I played one game with it during a jank draft. It definitely drew attention as my opponent's Tarn moved to guard it, but my EoV ended up getting a lucky initiative plus Frenzy that let me wipe out the Tarn and later get back an EoV.

I can try to write more detail next time, but as a temporary glyph there's only so much it's going to do each game.

So far it seems simple and fun, but relatively low impact. But there are definitely combos out there: I want to try it with the B-11s, someone wisely suggested Sentinels of Grax, and it can even re-start a Zombie apocalypse.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old September 2nd, 2019, 01:38 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

IF YOU CAN’T TAKE THE HEAT… by Dignan
Glyphs: Recall (AotV), Knowledge (AotV)
Astro: Kato Katsuro, 2x Ashigaru Harquebus, 3x Ashigaru Yari, Sentinels of Grax (540)
Leo: Jarek Guy, Kira Jax, Rendar Fy, 5x M-43 Resistance Fighters (540)

Surviving:
Kato Katsuro, 6x Ashigaru Yari, 3x Ashigaru Harquebus, 2x Sentinels of Grax
~405 Points Left
(1 Ashigaru Harquebus was revived by Recall)

Game Summary:
  • M-43s gained height initially, but the Ashigaru quickly retaliated and dealt more damage, annihilating over two full squads due to some solid rolls. Leo gave up on Recall because he felt like he’d probably lose two or more figures trying to reach it.
  • Neither of us went for Knowledge because it was on top of lava field on this map. The 50% chance of killing a squad figure to get the chance to activate it at the start of the next round wasn’t worthwhile.
  • Recall was used by a Yari to revive a Harquebus. Since I only had two squads of them, it was appreciated despite "only" reviving 15 points, especially since it bought me an extra turn of 4 attacks and two extra turns of 3 attacks with the Harquebus.
  • Leo blanked and took a turn with Kira Jax at the beginning of Round 3. Probably his worst option at the time, unfortunately. An Encircle Special Attack ended Rendar soon afterward. After that, it was mostly just clean-up.

Leo’s Thoughts:
Recall doesn’t seem like a big enough deal unless you have expensive squad figures. The way many maps are built, you’ll lose more figures than you’ll gain by taking it if you’re using a common force. It feels like a low priority glyph unless you’re using unique squads or cavalry/Kyrie, so it’s very build-dependent.

My Thoughts:
While Recall was a relatively low-impact glyph here, I have to disagree with Leo. Despite me using a stereotypical swarm army that relied on numbers, the limited number of gunmen ensured that I could get more attacks in each turn to destroy enough Mariedians to limit his options each time. The fact that the Harquebus was revived halfway across the board and ready to attack was also a significant boon.

Of course, it'll be even more useful in a game with expensive or unique squads, where it really shines. I think it'll be especially fun in AotV given how many Unique Squads we're going to have.
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:11 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun
Post Re: [Pod 0] Glyph of Recall - Testing

LoveElemental and I did a game with both glyphs (Recall & Knoweledge) last weekend.

I posted a picture of the map we played on to Discord, and when I get a chance I’ll update this post with a link. Its basically a hilly map with a bunch of trees and a figure 8 road with highways close to an end of each startzone. We used 4 glyphs: Healing, Move + 2, Knowledge, and Recall.

Our game was a reinforcements game (start with 250 on the board, 210 comes in midgame on a scaling d20 roll).

Armies:

Me
Brontos + 10th Reg x1 (starter)
Banshees x3 (reinforcements)

LE
Sentinels x1 + Imperium x1 (starter)
Sentinels x1 + Wyvern (reinforcements)

Summary: I primarily lead with 10th and she split OMs between each kyrie squad. I went for Knoweledge right away. The 10th’s bullets were large ineffective but did kill an Imperium. The Sentinels did a good job of holding the line in time for Brontos to charge. Brontos was a wrecking ball of fury, but the Imperium had other plans. They used the move+2 and recalled an Imperium. The Imperium managed to get all 6 attacks vs Brontos... which flubbed miserably, only dealing 1. So, the Big Cyclops smashed one. They did get revenge and hit him hard. At one point, LE got Knoweledge and wasn’t able to do much other than see my X on the last 10th. I got really lucky and got a heavily wounded Brontos to the healing Glyph (7 wounds, plus a potential wound from an LEA that wasn’t bothered to be rolled for). That kept me in the game, but the Cyclops started getting wailed on the next round. My Banshees finally got in the game, and with the Wyvern dead it was Checkmate.

Results: I won. All 6 Banshees + 1 life Brontos vs 2 Sentinels.

Effects on the game - Knoweledge: It was triggered twice. Once I used it to see LE’s X. I lost initative and 10th Reg figures so I couldn’t capitalize on it. LE’s use did little since my OM’s were obvious at the point.

Effects on the game - Recall: The Imperium grabbed it and use it to help supplement their small numbers. They brought Brontos inches from death and almost won LE the game just from the extra pair of swords.

I don’t think either glyph was overpowering. Recall was good, but LE and I agreed Knoweledge had a poor showing despite how useful the intel can be.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:18 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks for the test, flameslayer. It sounds like that extra Imperium from Recall was very useful, since otherwise Brontos would've reduced them down to one figure on the following turn.
Old November 9th, 2019, 09:31 PM

TICALLAN TOWER by Sir Heroscape

Glyphs: Recall, Wannok (Wound)
Astro: Tagawa Samurai Archers x5, Seishin Samurai x3, Raelin (495)
Odzaepher: Knights of Weston x3, Sir Gilbert, Sir Dupuis, Eldgrim the Viking Champion (495)

Note: Seishin Samurai played as Uncommon Heroes with 3 life.

SURVIVING UNITS:
6x Seishin Samurai, 1x Seishin Samurai (1 wound)
~140 Points Left

GAME SUMMARY:
I set up a pod to the left near Wannok, but Odzaepher’s knights reached it first. I was still able to position Raelin and stop him from reaching her thanks to a well-placed Seishin, though, and I left this pod up for the majority of the game. Odzaepher managed to whittle down my forces some with Wannok and revive a knight with Recall, but I managed to claim a 7-hex pod on height with my TSA and Raelin, which he struggled to break.

After the knights and Gilbert were mostly finished, I was able to claim Wannok finally. Sir Dupuis went on a rampage and got a good number of kills, but he couldn’t turn the tides on his own.

RECALL USAGE:
Used early on to revive a knight that died from CS. That revived knight died the next turn to a TSA from height who had also been trying to reach the glyph. It at least distracted the TSA for one attack, but it really didn't have a big impact on this game.

THOUGHTS:
Not really much to say from this game. Wannok was a more enticing power glyph, so I podded up close to it and the knights struggled to break through. Recall might've bought Odzaepher one extra attack in the long run, but that was it.
Old November 17th, 2019, 01:07 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Glad to see relatively low impact on bread & butter squads. As long as nothing breaks with things like Krav, B-11s, or Grax I think we're looking good.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 17th, 2019, 04:48 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Has anyone considered the glyph bringing back 2 figures, 3 figures, or up to a full squad? If a healing glyphs can remove all but one wound and heroes are more costly than squads, I would say resurrecting up to a full squad is still less powerful. For unique squads you’d still have to plan it right to do with your final figure, and with commons you’d still want to wait till you’re down a squad. But again since most glyph locations are on low ground it would still be a risk to go for the glyph. Strategies might ensue to surround a glyph before getting until after a squad is dead. Biggest issue is with Deathreavers even more than 10th/4th/Knights/Orcs/etc. Maybe test with bringing back 2 figures and see.
Old November 18th, 2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Has anyone considered the glyph bringing back 2 figures, 3 figures, or up to a full squad? If a healing glyphs can remove all but one wound and heroes are more costly than squads, I would say resurrecting up to a full squad is still less powerful.
That's certainly more powerful. I'd like to see some tests in games where Recall makes a bigger difference before considering any boosts.

While Kelda fully heals a hero figure, squads are typically much more common in strong armies than heroes are and reviving the right squad figure seems very powerful indeed (such as a Vulcanmech or restarting a Marro Warrior squad).
Old May 13th, 2020, 12:12 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Let's stick to just reviving one figure.

How much more testing do we feel like we need here?

It would be nice to see tests in games involving Vulcanmechs, Krav, or Marro Warriors.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 13th, 2020, 02:57 PM

Looks like we're sitting on ~3 tests in this thread so far.

I'm pretty much content with the glyph in normal games, so I'd like for future tests here to focus on Vulcanmech Incendiborgs and the other high-caliber squads that are likely to give us trouble. We definitely want several "stress tests" like that before moving this one on to Compatibility Testing with the rest of the Master Set.

@flameslayer93 , do you mind adding the following to the OP when you get a chance?

Playtesting:
Test 1
Test 2
Test 3
Old May 13th, 2020, 03:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Done.

We’ll try to focus on stress testing soon-ish.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old May 13th, 2020, 09:31 PM

Don't forget Sentinels of Grax and Zombies of Morindan.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > AotV Customs