Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old May 5th, 2018, 08:47 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Well met!

Alternate version of

Tomb Raiders

Let's start with squads. C3V has skeletons. Tomb Skeleton Archers

and Tomb Skeletons. For roughly the same cost, we add Venoc Vipers ("I hate snakes!) and Red Ants of Aunstrum.

1st set of heroes. Let's start with the snake-hater: James Murphy. Add a monk, Zhen Yuan, a mercenary, [Kha] Martial La Hire, and a female ninja, Kumiko.

2nd set of heroes. A vampire Hunter, Van Nessing, an evil ronin, Akumaken, a military man, Sgt. Drake Alexander, and a secret agent, Agent Carr.

3rd set of heroes. A samurai, Kaemon Awa, a Varkanaan, Bahadur, a rogue, Locksley, and a blood knight, Viceron.

Adventure awaits!

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; May 6th, 2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old May 6th, 2018, 08:44 AM

Jet knows what's in an order marker Jet knows what's in an order marker

Gents,

Apologies for hijacking this thread, but one of you mentioned Longsword. It's free to download on steam right now! I am actually downloading it right now!

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...48#post2192348
Old May 7th, 2018, 06:12 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

All guests and their comments are welcome!
Old May 7th, 2018, 12:53 PM
worthless thread clother

kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla kolakoski is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Kha Formal Playtest - 16 Card Draft Format

Well met!

The final playtest of Kha before submission to the SoV will occur on May 16. There will be 3 games, with 3 separate drafts from 3 separate sets of 16 cards (all containing Kha, of course). Report to follow.

Map.
All games will be played on Mad Wookiee's
Sirocco.

The Power Glyphs will be replaced by Treasure Glyphs . . .

Just in case I want to practice:

Not Sirocco

Start Zones are the grey areas (Rock).

Look familiar?

Treasure Glyph location
(lower left)

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; May 8th, 2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old May 7th, 2018, 08:04 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

I wondered if you ever considered going Aquilla for Kha? Ullar is fine too, but it might be nice to set him apart thematically from the Merry Men just by a simple general switch. Then again, he does "look" Ullar.

Old May 7th, 2018, 08:22 PM
worthless thread clother

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I wondered if you ever considered going Aquilla for Kha? Ullar is fine too, but it might be nice to set him apart thematically from the Merry Men just by a simple general switch. Then again, he does "look" Ullar.
I actually made him Ullar because of the Greenscales. Kha was momentarily a Lizardfolk. I'd consider Valkryll, if It would help . . .

Next Generation

Old May 7th, 2018, 08:27 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

If not for the tongue and fangs, he could pass for a lizardfolk...

Old May 7th, 2018, 08:32 PM
worthless thread clother

Well met!

Caught me in mid edit! Love to play him with Gothlok . . .

Next Generation

Old May 10th, 2018, 09:25 AM

chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun chas is a penguin with a machine gun

AVENGERS INFINITY WAR: TWO GAMES

Well, no games could be more timely, since Sherman Davies and I had just seen the actual movie, which just came out a week ago! See posts above for details on the scenario, etc. The map I choose from our hard copy map library was perfect as the wrecked surface of the moon Titan. Drewman-chu's Thanos with his Black Order Bonding and Ebony Maw were one evil team, and their powers together made for a very powerful combo. The other evil player in both games took Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight, and Black Dwarf.

Game One: As the Good Guys, Taeblwalker and I lost Dr. Strange on Turn One and were completely wiped out on Turn Four! Wow. Are DMCs cards too powerful to fight? I've never seen such strong heroes put down so quickly. We looked forward to changing sides for a revenge game, though.

Game Two: This slightly different Avengers team (see post above) did much better, killing Thanos twice in a much longer game (and getting his points twice), in about 8 turns. By the end, we won as the DMC evil team, but only by 1,480 points killed to 1,170. Sherman Davies and Kolakoski had the benefit of see how DMCs cards worked from Game One, but they played very well, and my hat was off to them!

I gave Taeblewalker Thanos and Ebony Maw so he could get revenge for Dr. Strange from Game One, but Ebony Maw went down in the first half of the game. I especially enjoyed getting Promima Midnight up on height and next to Corvus, so she was throwing seven dice per spear throw attack! Although the Good Guys had lots of defensive powers, eventually they took it on their big heroic chins.

SD used his Hulkbuster Iron Man, and brought along a few other cards for the Avengers, although we all stuck to our original picks (see post above). We had a great day of gaming, and I thank Drewman-chu, one of my favorite independent card designers. Check out his cards on his two Marvel customs threads (yet again, see post above).

Unfortunately I was too busy both playing and running the game to remember to have anyone take photos, but I do highly recommend Castle Forge by Dignan if you want to play out a similar scenario on a wrecked planet type map! You could choose another map for a battle on Earth (no movie spoilers here), and make a campaign of the two maps!

If we try this again next year when the Part II movie comes out, we'll probably have yet again a different Avengers line up.

Last edited by chas; May 11th, 2018 at 02:17 AM.
Old May 12th, 2018, 03:38 PM
worthless thread clother

Re: Kha Formal Playtest - 16 Card Draft Format

Well met!

The figures for Kha and Locksley are here - arriving before the playtest!

I'm so looking forward to this. I anticipate a totally fun time for both chas and I. I have played very few of these cards, but really like the contexts I've placed them in. The 4-card armies are relatively small, insuring a lot of action for Kha. We should easily play each scenario once, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to play each one twice.

I just picked up the figures from the post office, and they don't disappoint. I'll take lots of pictures for the Battle Report. Got new Valkryll cards for Kha. It will be interesting to see Pre-SoV Workshop thread comments - Valkryll or Ullar.

Spoiler Alert!

Next Generation

Last edited by kolakoski; May 12th, 2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old May 17th, 2018, 12:45 PM
worthless thread clother

Well met!

On 5/16, chas and I met to formally playtest Kha for SoV submission. The Battle Report can be found here.

Next Generation

Old May 18th, 2018, 02:45 PM

The Battle Report is really worth checking (out with photos)! K. and I had a great day playing six two player games. We each won three. I won the series on total cumulative points (left on board during wins).

There were 45 cards on the table (plus Kha in each game), who was certainly well playtested. He performed over the entire spectrum of possibilities during the series, from being the hero to doing okay to being quickly eliminated (don't you hate it when that happens). The card is up for SOV approval, and I had K. get me a figure for him as well!

Afterwards we had a nice Japanese light meal, and returned to play the new card game Bloodborne with a pal who had just come back from the CMON Expo in Atlanta. I got a free copy of Godfather: Corleone's Empire, since it was given out there and he already had it.

Taeblewalker is up next as GM for June.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Classic HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion