Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old November 5th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!
America’s Political Future

Since I suggested it, I’ll start it.

First of all, for all you Democrats and Liberals I’ll say this: Ya wanted it, ya got it. Ya’ll have the whole kit ‘n caboodle now. America will see just what you are really made of, and what your policies will create. Use this power well.

Second, if you don’t then ya’ll are out of there in two to four years. Remember, a pendulum swings both ways.

Also, Conservatism didn’t lose yesterday. It wasn’t represented among either of the leading Presidential candidates. Anyone who thinks that President Bush was/has been/is a Conservative doesn’t understand the Conservative philosophy. McCain is not a Conservative. Not even close. For anyone to make the accusations and allegations that I have seen made against him and his “conservative views” makes me wonder as to the intelligence and analytical ability of the person making them.

Finally, I will pray for my country, as I always have. I will pray for my President, as I always have. I will pray for the future, as I always have.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker

Last edited by Buddy Lee; November 5th, 2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
Re: America’s Political Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Lee View Post

First of all, for all you Democrats and Liberals I’ll say this: Ya wanted it, ya got it. Ya’ll have the whole kit ‘n caboodle now. America will see just what you are really made of, and what your policies will create. Use this power well.
Even though I voted Democrat and all the pundits on TV kept saying that the vote shifted toward Obama in the final months 'because of the economy' I honestly hope that they don't take the gains in Congress and the Executive branch as a blank check to go ahead and do something damaging to our economy. We can't have them erect tariffs, raise taxes, and increase the power of unions too much all at once. I hope President-elect Obama is carefully choosing his cabinet now to get some of the country's best minds together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)
Old November 5th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby! Buddy Lee rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
We can't have them erect tariffs, raise taxes, and increase the power of unions too much all at once.
This is the part of your statement that concerns me. Why do it at all? Is it just a matter of degree? If something is a bad idea, it is a bad idea. Period.

Buddy Lee

"Out of all the ridiculous religion stories...the silliest one I've ever heard is, 'Yeah, there's this big, giant universe...and we're all just here, just 'cuz. Just 'cuz." - Trey Parker
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Elginb has disabled reputation

Quote:
If something is a bad idea, it is a bad idea. Period.
You see, I find that line of thinking troublesome. Most ideas can only be considered good or bad when taking into account circumstances. That's the problem with many broad political principles-- they can't handle the changing political reality. A pragmatic, case-by-case approach is usually better.
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elginb View Post
Quote:
If something is a bad idea, it is a bad idea. Period.
You see, I find that line of thinking troublesome. Most ideas can only be considered good or bad when taking into account circumstances. That's the problem with many broad political principles-- they can't handle the changing political reality. A pragmatic, case-by-case approach is usually better.
I don't really like the idea of "pragmatism" as a political virtue to be admired. It just masks people's real goals.

If I'm a lefty, I can look at high gas prices and say to myself, "I don't like it that $4.00-a-gallon gasoline hits lower-class workers hard, but we need a way to reverse the environmental damage caused by our horrible, horrible lifestyle. Gas prices aren't a perfect tool, but they're a tool we have available right now and a tool that we know works. So let's take some reasonable steps to make sure prices stay high."

If I'm over on the right, I can look at the same price tag and say, "Some of the steps we might take to lower gas prices quickly have downsides, both environmental and political, but I think we should go ahead and take the consequences. Let's take some reasonable steps now to make sure prices go down. Lowering gas taxes or offshore drilling may not be shining triumphs, but they will help a bigger problem at a lower cost."

It doesn't matter how pragmatic or practical these two guys get. That can't override the fact that one of them sees high gas prices (or whatever) as the solution, while the other sees it as the problem. It's fine that Obama is pragmatic, but that doesn't mean those of us who didn't vote for him, like me, should be any less worried about the agenda that he's going to work for. The fact that he's going to work for that agenda in a down-to-earth, realistic way doesn't mean we disagree less.
Old November 5th, 2008, 05:28 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Second, if you don’t then ya’ll are out of there in two to four years. Remember, a pendulum swings both ways.

Also, Conservatism didn’t lose yesterday. It wasn’t represented among either of the leading Presidential candidates. Anyone who thinks that President Bush was/has been/is a Conservative doesn’t understand the Conservative philosophy. McCain is not a Conservative. Not even close. For anyone to make the accusations and allegations that I have seen made against him and his “conservative views” makes me wonder as to the intelligence and analytical ability of the person making them.

Finally, I will pray for my country, as I always have. I will pray for my President, as I always have. I will pray for the future, as I always have.

Buddy Lee
Like you when I saw Obama being elected President my mind reeled for second, then I heard is speech, and though I still fear for the future of my country (In this day who does'nt) I feel that if he can live up to the words he spoke last night and work closely with other parties in order to create a more unified and stronger America, it just might work.

DWARVES!
Old November 5th, 2008, 06:54 PM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Buddy Lee
This is the the key to everything. Regardless of who is President he deserves to be supported by our prayers whether we agree with his policies or not.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old November 5th, 2008, 07:27 PM

loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby! loborocket rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:

Those kinds of sentiments just sound so negative. It is like making that kind of statement absolves you from responsibility. ALL Americans have power and duty to do what they think is best for the country.

The "you wanted it, you got it" attitude is like just handing over the steering wheel and closing your eyes. You don't have to just sit back and let it all happen. Just because the person or persons who you wanted in office are not there does not mean you can't participate in making the United States a better place to live in.
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM

Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby! Carnival Man rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborocket View Post
Quote:

Those kinds of sentiments just sound so negative. It is like making that kind of statement absolves you from responsibility. ALL Americans have power and duty to do what they think is best for the country.

The "you wanted it, you got it" attitude is like just handing over the steering wheel and closing your eyes. You don't have to just sit back and let it all happen. Just because the person or persons who you wanted in office are not there does not mean you can't participate in making the United States a better place to live in.
Whoever wins the presidency there should always be an initial rally (or "honeymoon") for the first 6 months...It's not exactly a positive message the hard-core McCain supporters are promoting. We are still one country after all...

Carney's Trade List
Critic's Carnival - Progressive Rock on DLBN
Old November 5th, 2008, 08:46 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnival Man View Post
We are still one country after all...
With the freedom to dissent, thankfully.
Old November 5th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Gun Totin' Nutjob

Quote:
Whoever wins the presidency there should always be an initial rally (or "honeymoon") for the first 6 months...
And, where was this "honeymoon" when George W. Bush became President?

Buddy Lee

Old November 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM

hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness hi1hi1hi1hi1 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Whoever wins the presidency there should always be an initial rally (or "honeymoon") for the first 6 months...
And, where was this "honeymoon" when George W. Bush became President?

Buddy Lee
If the liberals were absent in their intial well-wishings then that is their fault. I like to think what my mom always said, "Just cause someone does it, doesn't make it right." I voted for McCain, I stood by McCain's policies a lot more than Obama, but i will support Obama. I am 18 and yesturday I exhibited my right to have a say in this country and when I look on the TV screen I can say one of those votes was my own. Even if it was for the losing candidate.

Now I know I'm not going to agree with every law enacted by Obama, but I will support him until he gives me clear and direct reason not to. So far it has been only statements. Our country needs a strong leader right now and that leader needs the support of his country, and if Obama is that man I will support him for the general benefit of our country. I stood by Bush in the beginning, but he has messed things up. Hopefully Obama can fix these things without causing harm.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General