Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old June 21st, 2018, 05:50 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Tournament Armies Played

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I remember reading someone say that someone ran an army like Rats + Unique Squads + Raelin. Anyone know what the exact army was?

Messing around in Battleplan... Maybe it was Rats x3, Krav, MW, AE, and Raelin 2.0?
Probably that army, although I'm sure they would have used Raelin 1.0 and another squad of Rats instead of Raelin 2.0.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old June 21st, 2018, 05:56 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:
I remember reading someone say that someone ran an army like Rats + Unique Squads + Raelin. Anyone know what the exact army was?

Messing around in Battleplan... Maybe it was Rats x3, Krav, MW, AE, and Raelin 2.0?
Probably that army, although I'm sure they would have used Raelin 1.0 and another squad of Rats instead of Raelin 2.0.
Definitely Raelin 1.0. Thing is, this is an archetype as old as time (A+ Junk) and it doesn't really matter what you slot in, Rats and Raelin is just that strong. Krav and Marro Warriors are great choices, as are Q9, Kaemon, Hydra, Eltahale, Nilfheim, etc... you get the picture.
Old June 21st, 2018, 06:03 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcElfArmyOne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggaBullfrog View Post
Quote:

Definitely Raelin 1.0. Thing is, this is an archetype as old as time (A+ Junk) and it doesn't really matter what you slot in, Rats and Raelin is just that strong. Krav and Marro Warriors are great choices, as are Q9, Kaemon, Hydra, Eltahale, Nilfheim, etc... you get the picture.
That army is at 24 hexes. Can't get another squad of Rats.
Old July 14th, 2018, 08:31 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Took 2nd in a 6-player GenCon main event prep. Went 3-1 in our "day 1" portion. Won the first "reverse" game of "day 2" and lost in the final to the same army that beat me before (played my own army in that match-up both times).

My army was Sonlen, Major Q10, Kaemon Awa, Zetacron. Highlight of the day was a "reverse" round against (with) Eltahale, 2x Phantom Knights, 2x Mezzodemons, 2x Deathreavers. Between attacks and Wannok I had my opponent down to 1 Life each on Q10, Kaemon, and Zeta. Saw the perfect opportunity for Eltahale, won initiative, disengaged, and Thunder Rammed all 3. Two skulls. Zetacron dies. Kaemon Awa dies. Q10 rolls exactly 2 shields. Eltahale was one hit away from a 330-point triple kill!!!

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 14th, 2018, 08:46 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I love me some Eltahale. I loved her since she was announced, before she was released. Love the mini, love the power set.

Who were you playing, NB?

edit:

We are coming up on the eighth anniversary of this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
But other than that, we have a small-scale Niflheim that sacrifices some bells and whistles for a very reasonable cost.
Plus she can throw 7 attack dice from adjacent height with Thunder Step. I *really* like this addition to the HeroScape family. Compared to Nilfheim and Kaemon Awa, both with similar special attacks, she is priced perfectly in between.

edit: Can't repeat enough, I am *extremely* excited about this sculpt. Looks like it could be as good a sculpt/paint as there is in the game.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 14th, 2018, 09:28 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

The m-m-m-multi-kill game was against lefton4ya; Son of Chompy won the whole thing (with 2x Romans, 2x Roman Legionnaires, Marcus, Ne-Gok-Sa, Raelin, Isamu).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 16th, 2018, 11:00 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I love me some Eltahale. I loved her since she was announced, before she was released. Love the mini, love the power set.

Who were you playing, NB?

edit:

We are coming up on the eighth anniversary of this post:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dendrik View Post
But other than that, we have a small-scale Niflheim that sacrifices some bells and whistles for a very reasonable cost.
Plus she can throw 7 attack dice from adjacent height with Thunder Step. I *really* like this addition to the HeroScape family. Compared to Nilfheim and Kaemon Awa, both with similar special attacks, she is priced perfectly in between.

edit: Can't repeat enough, I am *extremely* excited about this sculpt. Looks like it could be as good a sculpt/paint as there is in the game.
I was late to the scape’ (post production) and had never seen Eltahale until playing against you at the Savage Reverse the whip. Ordered immediately after. Now for those mezzodemons...
Old January 10th, 2023, 05:19 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

With all the tournaments happening nowadays (which is great to see), it was fun to try and update this to the best of my recollection. I hope the rest of you guys are (or will be) doing the same.

What I've learned is:
I've been playing in tournaments since 2007 (I'm old)
I've lost a lot (97 losses)
I've also played a lot (78 tournaments to date to the best of my recollection)
I play a lot of melee...(Ok I didn't really learn that, I already knew that)
It's fun to see my evolution of playstyles.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 10th, 2023, 07:22 PM

gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby! gbizzy rolls all skulls baby!

It only took over a decade of playing Scape to finally join the tournament scene lol, here's my results so far:

MARS Delta Volcarren - September 2023
Army = Arktos, Guilty McCreech, Varkaanan Swiftfangs, Varkaanan Quickblades, Varkaanan Greyspears, Varkaanan Darkclaws
Losses to Gucciiboost & ElvenLord; wins versus Mark
Results 1-2

MARS Delta Volcarren - September 2023
Army = Ranjit Singh, B-11s Resistance Corps, Krav Maga Agents, Brute Gruts, Otonashi; 425
Loss to Heirloom; wins versus SimpleSamaritan, Andrew, Joecrazy
Results 3-1

ScapeCon III | VC Delta General Wars (Side) - August 2023
Army = Arrow Gruts x4, Ice Troll Berserker x1, Mimring; 430
Losses to MasterRoshi, JandArvey, and Dysole; win versus Chill
Results 1-3

ScapeCon III | Sideboards (Side) - August 2023
Loss to Vegie Dad; wins versus S1R_ART0R1US, Orculon, ViideoSayg, loki619
Results 4-1

ScapeCon III | VCheese (Main) - August 2023
Army = Deathchasers of Thesk x5, Kuthnak, Nerak, Me-Burq-Sa, Isamu; 455
Losses to KnightOfLight and johnnyfrisbee; wins versus Vegie Dad, Gingerkid16, and Orculon
Results 3-2

ScapeCon III | VC Quad Pod (Side) - August 2023
Losses to Man_At_Arms, MegaSilver, and Dignity Dingus
Results 0-3

ScapeCon III | VC Monster Mash (Side) - August 2023
Army = Fen Hydra x4, Ornak, Marcu; 600
Losses to S1R_ART0R1US; wins versus Orculon and Phantom
Results 2-1

ScapeCon III | VC Bring 2, Strike 1 (Side) - August 2023
Loss to Ultra Lord; wins versus Orculon and Vydar_XLIII
Results 2-1

ScapeCon III | Delta Rule of 12 (Main) - August 2023
Army = Airborne Elite, Marcus Decimus Gallus, Me-Burq-Sa, Roman Legionnaires x3; 495
Losses to Samuelfrost4 and Evantage; wins versus Crystalman, Taelord Dees and Houndsrule
Results 3-2

MARS D.C. Reverse the Whip - July 2023
Army = Arrow Gruts x4, Ice Troll Berserker x1, Mimring, Swog Rider x2; 455
Losses to vegetarian18 and Vydar_XLIII; wins versus Earl_of_Sandwich and EaterOfSquads
Results 2-2

MARS Salisbury VCheese - June 2023
Army = Deathchasers of Thesk x5, Kuthnak, Nerak, Me-Burq-Sa, Isamu; 455
Loss to SimpleSamaritan; wins versus leaky_ceiling, Brean Of Philly, and EaterOfSquads
Results 3-1

MARS "Scattered" B and Under - May 2023
Army = Shieldsmiths of Granite Keep x5, Tarn Viking Warriors; 450
Loss to Brean Of Philly; wins versus Scared Cultist and ItWasJonathan
Results 2-1

MARS D.C. Spring Thaw - April 2023
Army = Grok Riders x4, Ne-Gok-Sa, Me-Burq-Sa, Isamu; 465
Loss to Earl_of_Sandwich; wins versus MrWookiee and Man_At_Arms
Results 2-1

MARS Salisbury Maryland - Go Big or Go Broke - March 2023
Army = Talingul, Boreos, Avernus, Augamo, Siiv
Loss to Joecrazy3193; wins versus SimpleSamaritan and MathJedi
Results 2-1

MARS D.C. Winter Classic 2023
Army = Fen Hydra x2, Brunak, Ornak, Raelin RotV; 530
Losses to Gucciiboost and Trivia Knight; wins versus Shelby and Loki619
Results 2-2

MARS Philadelphia - VC Rule of 9 2022
Army = Marcus, James Murhpy, Me-Burq-Sa, Stingers x2, Roman Legionnaires x2; 440
Loss to Tom; wins versus bishop2003 +1 and Heirloom.
Results 2-1

Maryland NHSD 2022
Army = Marcus, Ne-Gok-Sa, 10th Reg x2, Roman Legionnaires x2 (dropped 1 Roman to meet 16 hex limit); 440
Loss to Brean Of Philly; wins versus Ken, Myth26, and Astroking112
Results 3-1

Total tournament record of 37-26 for a 58.73% win rate

Last edited by gbizzy; October 17th, 2023 at 12:10 PM.
Old August 20th, 2023, 12:30 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Updated for after Scape Con 3. Almost to 300 tournament wins. Around a 73% win percentage after all these years even with way too many chain fighters in my armies. Also I seem to suck with monks but apparently I keep trying them…

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old August 21st, 2023, 11:56 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1R_ART0R1US View Post
Overall: nice palindrome of 74-47 for a 61% win rate as of ScapeCon 3 (minus ScapeCon 2, which had a similar WR).
Updated my post with games from the last few years after my re-emergence. I'm slightly better, with my win rate 1% higher. With age comes wisdom I suppose.
Old August 31st, 2023, 01:59 PM
3-Time Online HS Champion & Diplomacy Winner of Land Wars in Asia

Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death! Kinseth is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinseth View Post
Chaos in the Capital(500 point armies)
3-1
Army: Raelin, Sgt Drake, Agent Carr, Krav Maga, Airborne Elite
Heroscapers defeated: Skynight, The Guru

Saratoga Slugfest(600 Point armies)
4-1 Record
Army: Wolves of Badru, Cyprien, Krav maga, Airborn Elite
Heroscapers defeated: Onacara, Benji
Lost to : Tim Sweeney

Albany Revelations I(600 Point Armies)
5-0
Army: Q9, Gladiatrons, Blastitrons, Zetacron
Heroscapers Defeated: Loborocket, Tim Sweeney

Saratoga Slugfest II
4-1
Army: Raelin, Atlaga, Protectors of Ullar
Defeated: Coyote, Bengi
Lost to: Robbert DD

Albany Revelations II(General Wars)
4-0
Army: 4th Massx3, Neifhelm, Raelin
Defeated: I am Batman, Cleon

Allentown Dragon Wars
4-1
Army: Charos, 4th Mass
Lost to :Einars Puppy

Albany Revelations III
3-1
Army: Greenscales, Raelin, Neifhelm
Defeated: Ollie, Tim Sweeney
Lost to : Coyote

Death Duel at GrimFoeGames
3-1 *Second Place*
Army: 4x Phantom Knights, Raelin 1.0, 2x Fen Hydra
Defeated: Chris, Neo, Joseph Sweeney
Lost to: Coyote(Finals)

Albany Saturday Showdown 520 Kill em all
3-1 Record 4th place
Army: Eltahale, Raelin, Goblin Cutters x4, Krav Maga Agents
Win vs Alex, Patrick S, Zombieknight
Losses: Joseph Sweeney

The Gathering
4-1/4th place
Wins over Marrowick, BMW, OrcArmyElfOne,Taeblewalker
Losses Cleon

Heroscapers Online Tournament***Inagural***
4-0
Army Greenscales, Raelin, Neifhelm, Isamu
Defeated: Ninja Status, Robber, dok, Lefton4ya

League Play (Season 1 of Monday Night Googlescape league)
5-2 Regular Season
0-2 Playoffs (4th Place)
Win vs SixthFlagBearer, Megapower999, Bengi, Scapemage, Dok
Losses: Filthy "Dice Jesus" The Clown, Vegalsen, Bengi, Flithy"Isamu save me" The Clown

Monday Night Heroscape League Season 2
4-2
Wins vs Vegiterian18, MegaSilver, Major Q23
Losses to Gamebear in the playoffs

MNL Season 3
2-3(wins vs Fedex Worker, DrummerScaper and losses to Capsocrates, Awesomeunleashed, Vegiterin)

Monday Night Heroscape Season 4
2-2
Losses to Sixth & Infectedsloth

Heroscape Online Season 4a
4-1
Wins over Heroscapers2012, Anonymous, Filthy the Clown, Dalu
Loss in playoffs to Dyhanam

Heroscape Online Season 5
4-2

Heroscape Online Season 6
2-2
Wins over n00b, AwesomeUnleashed
Losses to Rexmax2, Filthy The Clown

Heroscape Online Season 1 Team Tournament(Teammate Dok)
3-0
Wins over Greygnarl/n00b, TLIS/Marrowick, weebaer,TheMind

Heroscape Online Season 7
3-2
Wins over Capsocrates, Psymanski, William
Losses to Dok, Dysole(Playoffs)

Lightweight Tournament
4-2
Wins over Heroscape guy, Arrow Grut, bobincheese
Losses to Kevindola(2)

Heroscape Online Season 8
2-2

Heroscape Online Season 9
3-2
Wins over Eraguy, Lo Pan, Awesome Unleashed
Losses C$$

Heroscape Online Season 10
2-2
Wins over Scaperaider, Dysole
Losses Greygnarl, Arrow Grut

Online End of Year Championships
1-2
Wins over Awesome Unleashed
Losses Vegie18, Toogwick_tuk

Season 11
3-2
Wins over Betawolf36, Crixus33, Dhyanam
Losses Arch-Vile, TheLegendarySlowestPlayer

Season 12
5-1
Wins over Eraguy816, Heroscaper Guy, ScapeRaider, Foudzing, Sir Yeshua
Losses Heroscaper2010

Season 13
2-2
Wins over William099, Xorlof
Losses Bengi, Vegie18

Online Record 55-33(62.5%)
Local Tournament Record 37-8(83%)
------------------------------
Total 92-41 69.17%
Been a real longtime since I played in person heroscape. Earlier this year I did win one of the OHS events(3rd title) to bring my online record to 100-61.

Online Record 100-61(62%)
Local Tournament Record 37-8(83%)

I still maintain that OHS has the stiffest competition around.

Have you tried Hexscape? 3D Heroscape Multiplayer Battle program!

Looking for a C3V/SOV miniature? Try one of these sites.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion