Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old April 6th, 2017, 05:48 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker
Heroscape Custom Print Accessories

Hello All,

I have been a long time consumer of the content on this site but recently started trying to get involved. I've used countless maps, scenarios custom units rules etc. posted to this site. With the quality of work I have come across I have always felt there was nothing I could contribute to this site (I am not what you would call creative.)

Getting to the point of this thread, I think I have found my own unique way to help keep the community going (until Heroscape revives like we all hope.)
While my personal talents do not lean towards creating unique content, my professional talents I think would be useful. IRL I work in the printing industry. Recently I came across the Heroscape Compendium download and loved all of the side lore it contained and the work that was put into it was remarkable. On the post containing the downloads I saw a few people asking about different ways to lay it out and/or print it. Thats when I had my epiphany. That kind of stuff I do every day of my life (I've even made my own custom play mats, rule books etc.) but never thought it could be useful to the community as a whole.

TL : DR I have the tools and resources available to me to do a very wide range of custom printing and file manipulation and this post is me reaching out to see if there is an interest in this type of resource.

Last edited by vvildeyedjoker; April 6th, 2017 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Random smiley
Old April 6th, 2017, 09:21 PM

vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker vvildeyedjoker knows what's in an order marker
Re: Heroscape Custom Print Accessories

When I talk about custom playmates I mean a custom print out of a VS file to use as level 1 terrain for those of us who don't have a large collection. That way we can build a bigger variety map and still add depth to the upper levels.

Example:

This is the picture of the full map on VS

This is the picture of level one on VS

And this is a picture of the playmat

Old April 6th, 2017, 10:55 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

That looks really nice! Would it be possible to make the hexes look more like scans of the tiles?
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
That looks really nice! Would it be possible to make the hexes look more like scans of the tiles?
I use the VS print files and reformat them so for what ive done i havent been able too. When the terrain is put on top of it its not much of a difference.

That being said however, I'm very open to a new format for the file if anyone can point me in the direction of one that would make it look more like the actual tiles.
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:23 PM

I also do have the different files made up for the Heroscape Compendium as well. Just working on how to share them.

Update: I am currently working on building a comprehensive book of all active downloads in @Dignan Cartographers of Valhalla Thread

https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=14629

for my personal use but if anyone else would be interested the file (or a professional physical copy) let me know.

My next project (suggested by @Sir Heroscape ) Is to do the same kind of compiled book of all of the maps that were approved by the Battles of Valhalla team so it can be printed all at one time.
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:36 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Nice @vvildeyedjoker . You might even steal/copy my title from me! I made a compilation of official maps, but would love a copy of the BoV maps as well as some better ones from the Cartographers of Valhalla as well as these map contests and groups:
Wilds of Valhalla
Ruins of Valhalla
Wargrounds of Scape (WoS)
Old April 7th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Very cool!

How much does it cost to print those mats?
Old April 7th, 2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Nice @vvildeyedjoker . You might even steal/copy my title from me! I made a compilation of official maps, but would love a copy of the BoV maps as well as some better ones from the Cartographers of Valhalla as well as these map contests and groups:
Wilds of Valhalla
Ruins of Valhalla
Wargrounds of Scape (WoS)
Not trying to steal any titles but it's something I have always done for my personal use so I figured I would offer it up on the site.

If you have particular maps you are interested in and want to pm them to me I will gladly put the file together for you. I've been thinking about doing a buy/trade for the physical copies. I'll put picture up later of some of the books I made for myself so everyone can get a feel for what they look like and if they would be worth it.
Old April 7th, 2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Very cool!

How much does it cost to print those mats?

It depends on the map you want copied. The paper and printing charges on those machines are by the square foot. It would have to be determined on a file to file basis. I'll try and figure out the price of the example I gave for a reference point.(just know that that one is VERY large so will be a bit more expensive then your average map)

Update: That may would cost about 50$ plus shipping but like I said that one is huge compared to normal maps.

Or I could make the file for you and you can take it to an Office Depot or staples etc and have them print it out. However I don't think they'll take a trade

Last edited by vvildeyedjoker; April 7th, 2017 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Price update
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:25 PM

Here are some of the books I've done for me.

This one is the cave of Altura dungeon crawlcreated by maziken

This is my copy of all the rule books put together

I'll have pictures of my copy of the heroscape compendium up as well later.

Last edited by vvildeyedjoker; April 7th, 2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: New files
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Wow, those look great.
Old April 7th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Wow, those look great.

Thank you!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions