Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old August 13th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: HELLFIRE -MOLE MONSTER/ADD-ONCARDS - Mods/Proxies/HouseR

Iirc, this was my first mod ... I had always intended to revisit it with some paint. But I never did...

The force field was cut away from a plastic bottle. The figure was originally Dagger. The more time that passes the more I want to fix that shield.

Another one ... Krypto, made from the Bones familiars pack ... I also had epoxy to create the "S" shield collar (hard to see but it is there) and added a cape from a Triplicate Girl ... The last thing I'd like to do w/ this one is to print out an "S" decal and paste it to the cape ... a sticker perhaps.

Old August 13th, 2014, 06:09 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth
Re: HELLFIRE -INVISIBLE WOMAN/KRYPTO - Mods/Proxies/HouseRul

Does anyone know anything about printing custom decals? I think it would be great for mods and customs.

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:04 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

decals like the water based kind from plastic model kits or like photoshop and print to clear label paper. I've done the clear label ones before and the hold up pretty good if you get a good quality adhesive paper. Just about every name brand transparent label stock they sell at office depot or staples works well. for small decals I use an exacto knife to score the paper making sure not to cut all the way through the backing. It's easier to handle and place that way otherwise it is impossible to get the backing off without mangling the decal.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 23rd, 2014, 05:41 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

TOXIN

This took all of 30 seconds. We had a Toxin card that players wanted to try out. I didn't have a Toxin but I had an extra Venom. I grabbed my paint and dabbed this guy up real quick. If I go back to it, I'd sand down some of the Venom features and paint some details more accurately but overall it has been a great proxy.

THE WALKING DEAD

These Zombie Vixen Wargames factory minis needed to be pieced together and painted. Perhaps a little small (although prototypical comic art usually draws regular people at 7 heads instead of the heroic 8 heads tall) but they look great on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
decals like the water based kind from plastic model kits or like photoshop and print to clear label paper. I've done the clear label ones before and the hold up pretty good if you get a good quality adhesive paper. Just about every name brand transparent label stock they sell at office depot or staples works well. for small decals I use an exacto knife to score the paper making sure not to cut all the way through the backing. It's easier to handle and place that way otherwise it is impossible to get the backing off without mangling the decal.
Hmm...sometime I'll have to stop at a Staples or Officemax and see what I can find. thanks for the info.
Old August 24th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: HELLFIRE -TOXIN/WALKINGDEAD - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

Good stuff. I like the zombies. Could you post a pic with them next to some Heroclix figures?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 25th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Promotable Material

Re: HELLFIRE -TOXIN/WALKINGDEAD - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Good stuff. I like the zombies. Could you post a pic with them next to some Heroclix figures?
@Tornado - alright, I went and grabbed some quick snapshots w/ a P&S camera of the WF Zombie Vixen minis ... I also have some unpainted Zombicide minis that I plan to use for the Walking Dead so I've included them in the pics as well.

A Vixen next to a Con Artist and a Malice heroclix.

A Zombie Vixen w/ two unpainted Zombicide minis.

A Vixen next to a Classic HS Samurai.

Here are both types of Zombie minis w/ a Malice heroclix. The size difference looks pretty good to me. Also, you can customize some of the minis to have chewed off limbs.

Either way, for about $20 one can get quite the stash of Zombies that are quite playable w/ Scape, imo.
Old August 25th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Promotable Material

Re: HELLFIRE -THORBUSTER/H-BABIES - Mods/Proxies/HouseRules

IRON MAN: THORBUSTER

It's an Iron Man from the Handful of Heroes (2nd Set, I believe) that I thought matched the Thorbuster armor design fairly enough. I added a bent brass wire to the head and painted it to match the Thorbuster as closely as I could. It took me around 20 minutes to complete and I was pretty satisfied w/ it.

These were an easy proxy for a custom card ... Harley's babies.

Last edited by Hellfire; August 27th, 2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old August 26th, 2014, 01:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Cool. I need to pick up some Zombies. Thanks Hellfire!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 26th, 2014, 05:26 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post

By the way...where is the card.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old August 27th, 2014, 12:59 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Love the Hyenas and the zombies
Old August 27th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post

By the way...where is the card.
@japes ... Like so many designs it was never posted for any number of reasons ... from not being fun, to still being just a concept, to not matching C3G's design parameters, to me just never finding the time to actually post the thing, or something along those lines. :P

But I tracked down the last version we had of them.

Spoiler Alert!

Idr what the hang up was here ... but if someone wants to take this design and run w/ it elsewhere and/or polish it up or make it into their own card, by all means, go for it.
Old August 27th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Promotable Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Cool. I need to pick up some Zombies. Thanks Hellfire!
@Tornado ... Np. If you get some, you should post some pics of them after you paint them up.
@JC McMinis ... Thanks! Glad you like the ideas.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations